Love, Lust, and Spirit: Who Is Mrs. Perfect?

Time Off

Mike cranked up his music as he followed Billie down the interstate. He kept thinking about Niki. Why was she here, how long is she staying, is she even staying? These and many more raced through his mind. They were interrupted by a white car trying to get into his lane without looking.

His horn screamed as he smashed his palm against it. "Hey, you fucking asshole, why don't you look where you're going?"

He accelerated to catch up to Billie and tried to focus on the music. He glanced at signs getting ever so closer to San Fran. He would have to see her without Brittney being there to distract him. He frowned upon the thought.

About an hour later they all filed off the interstate ramp and found their reserved hotel. They parked next to each other in the parking lot and got out. Niki stretched her legs as well as Mike. Tre was already unloading his stuff from the back of his van when he was finished. With little conversation, they all unloaded their luggage and walked up to the service desk.

"We're here for our reservations," Billie spoke up.

"Last name?" the man asked.

He looked at the group and they shrugged. "Well," he began, "it's either under Roark or Armstrong, I suppose."

The man raised his brow and frowned. "Do you have a reservation or not?"

"Yes, we do, but our tour manager made it and I don't know if it's under his last name or mine."

"Alright, let me check under Roark." He paused and clicked through files on his computer. "Three rooms?"

"Yes, sir."

"Third floor, rooms 216, 17, and 20. Here are your keys."

"Thank you."

They each got a key and piled in the elevator. Billie and Tre were squished together and Niki was pressed against a rather large guy and his ten foot wide bag. Mike was separated by the luggage and being squished between it and the wall.

They finally reached the third floor and scurried around the big guy. Tre almost got stuck in the elevator.

"Hey, hey, wait!" He threw his foot out and smashed it in the door. "Ouch!" Upon his grief they retracted. The man stood staring and rather unamused. Tre pulled his bags off the elevator and limped down the hallway.

"Thanks for the help, hun," he groaned.

"Rub some dirt in it, Tre, you'll be fine," Billie chimed.

They entered their rooms and threw their bags on the floor. Mike unpacked his outfit for tomorrow night's concert and laid it on the chair next to the window. He pulled the curtains to the side to let some sunlight in. To his surprise, the windows had large sills, large enough for him to sit in so he did just that. He climbed in the window and looked around viewing the large city, his thoughts completely free of Niki. He reminisced about past concerts in San Francisco and local areas. He smiled as he remembered when Green Day was just a little group of teenagers who dropped out of school. Billie, John, and himself. He wondered where John was now and if he regretted quitting or not. He smirked thinking about Tre's unicycle accident. Horrible incident, yes, but the guy has the testosterone to make up for it. Losing it, though, made him soft and girly. He chuckled. His thoughts were interrupted with a knock on the door.

"Who is it?"

"It's Me!" Tre hollered through the door.

"Just a sec." He hopped out of the sill and opened the door. "What's up?"

"Wanna play Pac Man with me?" he asked holding up a Super Nintendo.

"Uh, Tre, why did you pack that, and why won't Niki play with you?"

"She wanted to pick out her outfit for tomorrow and fix her makeup. She fell asleep on the way here and it was smeared down the side of her face."

"Oh yeah, I saw that."

"Yeah, can't miss it. So anyway, wanna play?"

"Why not? Come on in."

"Yay!"

Tre ran inside and hooked the Super Nintendo up to the tv. He pulled out the controllers and put the game in the console. He plopped down on the floor next to Mike and smiled.

"I swear, you're such a kid," Mike said.

"Yeah, I know. I like being so young. My complexion looks so great, don't you think?"

"Sure."

Tre frowned. "Yeah, well, says that zit right under your nose."

Mike's eyebrows raised a bit and he wiggled his nose. Tre laughed.

"Start the game before I make you go back."

"Fine."

He fixed the settings and the game started and they played for a couple hours. They finished another game and Tre jumped up in triumph.

"Oh yeah, I told you I could beat you!"

"Yeah, yeah, it's late now and we need to get to bed, Tre." Mike glanced at the clock. "It's almost one in the morning and we have to get up to rehearse and set up."

"Yeah, you're right. I'll see you later." He yawned and stretched his arms.

"See you."

He got up and changed his clothes then crawled in bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Part Two of my updates. I'm hoping to get some more chapters in soon, as well as comments and stars. =)
Thanks to all of my readers and especially my commenters. You're my motivation to write. Thanks again. =D

I know the tour dates aren't right, but it would complicate the story a little if I made it 100% accurate.