Love, the Hardest Way

17

At the airport with all the guys was kind of sad. The past two weeks had been so much fun and the guys had definitely made our stay awesome. We said our goodbyes and started to turn away so we could get to our gate.
“Scar! Wait up a sec.” I heard someone yell.
I turned around, only to see Bam running full speed towards me. Before I could blink, we were both sprawled across the floor, him on top of me; this position is getting too commonplace for us. And now that I have all these finally realised thoughts and feelings swirling around my head, it made my body even more aware of his.
He picked me up and threw his arms around me.
“Have a safe trip home. It’s been amazing having you guys here. I’ll call you later.” He whispered into my neck.
“Thanks for letting us stay at your place; we’ve had an absolute blast.”
He pulled me even closed to his body, wrapping his arms all the way around my waist; I swear I could just feel his thumb stroking ever so gently across my back, but maybe I was just imagining *more like wishing*.
“Bye.”
“Bye bye Bam-Bam.”
We finally let go of one another and slowly went our own ways.
*Bam’s P.O.V.*
Damn I can’t believe she was going back to England already. She couldn’t go, they only just got here. Sure it had been ‘let’s prank Bam’ the entire time, but because it was her doing it I didn’t mind at all. I couldn’t stop myself thinking about her.
And the other night when we all got ass-wipe drunk and played Spin the Bottle I kept hoping her spin would land on me. I remember quite a bit of that night, I love being able to remember shit when I’m annihilated. And I was especially thankful for it on that night. Only once did her spin land on me, and she came towards me with a playful lustiness in her eyes. Fuck, I could have literally just done her right there and then; I had to try my hardest not to show how eager I was about the kiss, I mean fuck, Bam Margera isn’t eager, I don’t get excited about girls, usually they get excited about kissing me. But when her lips touched mine, those soft lips, I had to shove my hands in my back pockets just to stop from pulling her closer.
And here she was, leaving. Going back to England and fuck knows when I’ll see her again.
Shit.
“Alright shit-dicks, let’s go.” I yelled, tearing my eyes away from Scar’s retreating perfect ass.
“What? You actually done watching Scar’s ass?” Novak said.
“What the fuck are you talking about dude?”
“Oh please, we’ve all seen how much you dig her. Hell, you’d probably hump her right here in the middle of the airport is you had the chance.”
“Shut the fuck up. You’re just wasted as usual.”
“Whatever you say man. But I gotta agree with Novak here.” Seth added.
“Whatever, let’s just go.”
*Regular P.O.V.*
Walking into our own flat again was like walking into a little bit of heaven; it was clean, it didn’t smell of guys or old food, and all our shit was here. I couldn’t wait to have Vex back; we had all missed him so much.
(Sarah: Yeah, sorry I didn’t actually mention it before; the girls put Vex into a kennel for the two weeks they were in West Chester.)
By the time we had everything back to normal, aka Vex was back, we had unpacked and we were settled in making tea, it was about 6pm, we’d been home for about 4 hours.
I finally went to turn my phone on, only to find about 6 messages all waiting for me to read.
Hey dude, you back safe? Bam
Scar, you there? Bam
Yo, if you’re alive text me back. Bam
Seriously, text me back or I’ll think the fucking plane has crashed. Bam
If I don’t hear from you soon, I’m calling everyone you know to check you’re alive. Bam
That’s it, I’m calling everyone. Bam
I felt flattered; he was worried about me, could that because he likes me? No, no Scar, stop thinking like that, he’s worried because he’s a friend, don’t get your hopes up. The last one was sent in the last five minutes, I guess I should call him before he has a shit fit.
*ring...ring...ring...*
“Scar! Where the fuck have you been? Why didn’t you answer my texts you fuck!”
“Hello to you too darling. Sorry bout that, I forgot to switch my phone back on after the flight. I only just got you’re texts.”
“Oh, ok, cool.”
“Aww, was Bammy boy worried about little old Scar?”
“Wha..no...”
For some reason I wasn’t convinced. But I don’t think I’ll take it any further.
“Scar! Tea’s ready!” I heard yelled from the kitchen.
“Hey, sorry Bam, I gotta go. Tea’s ready.”
“Tea? You mean dinner right?”
“Shut up, I’m English and I say tea.”
“Haha, whatever.
“OK, well I’ll talk to you later.”
“OK....I’ll be calling you later though, you’ve been gone less than twelve hours and already this house is boring as shit without you three.”
“Haha, can’t go one day without wanting us back! OK, I really gotta go now, bye!”
“Bye...”
Did he sound disappointed that I had to go? Fuck, he was completely in my head now. Now I was just going to read that much deeper into everything, trying to find signs, yet completely ignoring anything I came up with so I wouldn’t get my hopes up.
Now that I was back home, I’d have to try to not think about him. Unfortunately, that just wasn’t going to happen tonight.