Love, the Hardest Way

25

“Hey, sorry about that guys, I was just on the phone to....”
“Me?” I heard a familiar voice say.
“Ahh! What are you doing here?” I yelled, running over to Bam to give him a hug.
“Aww, I thought after not seeing me for months and months you’d want me here.” He said in a mock sad tone.
“I do! It’s just that you always surprise me! You never tell me you’re coming over like a normal person!”
“Haha, I know. That’s because 1, I’m not normal; and 2, I love your surprised face.”
Our hug lasted longer than a normal one; I missed having his arms around me. I missed seeing him smile. I missed his smell. Hell, I just missed everything about him. And now here he was, in front of me again.
“Did you guys do this?” I asked my two best friends, breaking away from Bam.
“Of course we did. You know we’re just awesome like that.” Fish smiled, high-fiving Bambi.
I smiled at my friends, I owe them forever for being so awesome. I smiled to myself, finally feeling complete again.
*Bam’s P.O.V.*
It felt so fucking good to hold her again. All those months she spent in Europe I nearly went crazy. I nearly phoned them a few times to see where they were so I could fly out and see her. It was getting to be too much now. I was falling harder for her every day, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to contain it much longer; I’d already had to contain it for a year, ever since that day they got me with the car crash prank.
And now I had everything in place. I had it all planned out. And Fish and Bambi had helped, they would seriously do anything for their best friend, for which I’m fucking grateful.
*Regular P.O.V.*
“Come on; let’s take Vex for a walk.” Bam said to me, bending over to fuss over Vex who got extremely excited by the W word.
“OK.” I smiled, loving the idea of spending some alone time with Bam. We hadn’t done that in a long time.
Grabbing Vex’s lead, I attached him to it and we proceeded out of the door and down the road to the park.
We spent the next hour hanging out, catching up and generally just having a laugh. By the time we got back home, it was dusk. We must have been gone for a while. Opening the door, I heard the familiar tune of SpongeBob playing from the television; oh how I love that we have that DVD, it was awesome.
“I’ll see you in a bit.” Bam said, kissing my cheek and slipping back out the door.
He was gone before I could say anything. That was very weird, and very confusing. Where was he going, why would I see him later, what was going on? I walked into the living room to see Bambi and Fish engrossed in SpongeBob.
“Hey guys.”
“Hey, how was your walk?” Bambi asked, not taking her eyes off the screen.
“It was really good. It was nice to catch up with Bam.”
“Good. Hey, could you please get my phone, I think it’s in your room for some stupid reason. Please please please? This is my favourite bit.” Bambi begged.
“Oh fine.” I said laughing at my friends as I made my way to the stairs.
I wonder why on earth her phone would be in my room. Oh well, I guess it doesn’t really matter.
I opened my door and instead of seeing Bambi’s phone anywhere, my eyes zoned in on the dark blue clothes bag lying across my bed that wasn’t there before. There was no way you needed a clothes bag for a mobile.