Love, the Hardest Way

26

Grabbing the clothes bag, I went into the living room where my two friends were still sat.
“Hey guys. What’s this?” I asked holding the clothes bag up.
“A clothes bag.” Came the smart reply from Fish.
“Very funny. But what’s in it?”
“Clothes.”
“Fish! Haha, I kinda guessed that. But what clothes and who are they for?”
“Just open it up and have a look for yourself.” Bambi told me.
I obliged and unzipped the front of the bag, revealing a gorgeous dress.
“Wow.” I gasped. “Who’s is this?”
“Yours silly. Now go put it in to see if it fits. The shoes are by your bed.”
I excitedly ran up to my room with the gorgeous dress, not even thinking about why they had gotten this amazing present for me. I quickly undressed from my jeans and shirt and put on the dress, it fit perfectly. I spun around looking for the shoes, finally noticing them placed at the foot of my bed; I slid my feet into them.
“How do I look?” I asked, walking into the living room, spinning slowly to show my friends the dress.
“You look so amazing.” Fish beamed.
“You’re gonna knock ‘em dead.” Bambi added.
“What do you mean? Wait, what’s this even for? I was too excited by the prospect of new clothes to even think of that.”
“You’ll see.” Bambi smirked.
“Yeah, we have everything under control. Oooh, we should do your hair and makeup.” Fish added.
“Do I get a choice in the matter?”
“Nope.” They chorused.
“OK, fine, cane I at least take a shower first please?”
“Yeah, that’s cool, you’ve got time.” Bambi said, looking at her watch.
“I’m guessing you’re not gonna tell time for what either are you?”
“Exactly. Now go take a shower!” Fish laughed.
I did as instructed and took a shower, making sure to get rid of all the grime from taking Vex on a walk. As I got out of the shower, I started to get excited; my friends had got me a beautiful dress and shoes. They were doing my hair and makeup. Something was going on. I probably had the best friends in the world, they were always setting up surprises for me, I’d have to pay them back big time soon.
As I walked into my room, Bambi and Fish were there waiting for me, hair and beauty products at the ready. Before I realised what was happening, they had me seated and started messing with my hair and face.
An hour later they finally allowed me to look in the mirror to see what they had done to me. I must admit I do clean up good. My makeup was done in my normal way except a bit more effort put into it. Smoky eyes, slight blush, slightly pink lips.
“You look officially gorgeous. Now put the dress and shoes on. It’s almost time.” Fish said as she and Bambi left the room.
I was left alone to put the clothes on and wonder what the hell was going on. It couldn’t be anything bad if they were putting so much effort in to try and make me look nice. I really hope I was right; this dress was far too pretty to get ruined.
Fifteen minutes later I found myself being escorted down the stairs by my two best friends and bundled into a very nice looking Bentley. Mind you, was Bentley wasn’t nice looking?
“All right. Have fun, be safe!” Bambi yelled as the car pulled out and went on its way.
“I hope you know where we’re going. Cause I sure as hell don’t.” I said to the driver, laughing slightly.
“That I do ma’am. Don’t worry; you’re going to love it.” He replied, smiling at me through the rear view mirror.
With that I relaxed a little and looked out the window, trying to see if I could guess where we were going. I zoned out for the next twenty minutes before the car pulled up and stopped. We had stopped outside The Ivy, one of the nicest restaurants in London.
“Here you go; you just need to give this to the maitre d’.” My driver told me, handing me an envelope.
“Thanks.” I said smiling. Now I was getting very excited, but also equally as confused. What they fuck was going on. Who was at The Ivy?