Love, the Hardest Way

27

Walking into The Ivy was like walking back in time. It has a 1920’s feel to it. I loved it. Walking up to the maitre d’, I handed over the envelope, feeling a little silly; but he just smiled at me and directed me into the restaurant.
When we finally got to the table, my heart skipped a beat and my stomach was doing flips. There was Bam...in a suit. In all the time I’s known him he had never worn a suit, hell; he hated even wearing a suit shirt. But there he was. I couldn’t take my eyes off him.
Quietly, he stood up and pulled my chair out for me. I didn’t even know he was even capable of being a gentleman. Maybe this was all a set up for a prank. Maybe we were being filmed right now.
As I sat down I quickly scanned the room for anything suspicious looking. Not finding anything, I concentrated my focus back on the gorgeous man across the table.
“What’s all this about Bam?”
“No reason. I just wanted to do something nice.”
“Bam, you’ve done so much for me already. You let me and my friends at your house and terrorise you, you came here for my birthday and got HIM to play, you did all of this.” I said gesturing around the room.
“Yeah, but I just wanted you to know how special you are.”
At this I blushed.
“How do I know this isn’t all just set-up for a prank?”
“Because you idiot, why the fuck would I wear a suit for something as stupid as a prank?” He said laughing.
“True, I guess.” I smiled with him.
*Bam’s P.O.V.*
I found it so hard to form my thoughts. I just couldn’t take my eyes away from her. She looked amazing; I would definitely have to thank Bambi and Fish.
I needed to concentrate. This had to go perfectly, because I couldn’t keep it in any longer. Tonight was the night, I would tell her everything.
*Regular P.O.V.*
Was it just me or did Bam look nervous? His eyes kept shifting down to his hands then back to me. He looked like he was very determined but also very confused. I couldn’t understand what was going on.
“Hey, you seem distracted. You alright?” I asked. I wanted to comfort him; just hug him and make him relax, to smell his body wash and just be near him. I had to resist the overwhelming urge just to put my hand out to hold his. But I couldn’t, I couldn’t let myself show any part of how much a really did like him. A held hand would lead to a hug, which would lead to a cuddle, which would lead to a kiss. I knew I wouldn’t be able to help myself if that happened and he pushed me away. I would much rather be longing than rejected.
“Y-yeah. Don’t worry about it.” Did he just stutter? Bam Margera never stutters.
He must have seen the disbelieving look in my eye.
“Honestly. It’s all good.” He smiled. And with that, the whole atmosphere seemed to relax as well.
We spent the whole evening just talking. Becoming even closer than we already were. We talked until we got asked to leave the restaurant as they were going to close soon. Then we went to a 24 hour diner, got coffee and talked some more. I loved every second of it.
“Holy shit! It’s three in the morning.” I said, checking my phone.
“Well fuck, doesn’t time fly.” Bam said smiling.
“I gotta get back.”
“Cool, I’ll walk you home.”
We walked through the streets of early morning London, commenting and laughing at last night party stragglers passed out or still extremely drunk lying on the pavement.
We finally made it back to my place. Stopping outside the door, we just looked at each other. Was he leaning in? Was he going to kiss me?
“Well, I guess I’ll leave you to it. I’ll head back to my hotel.” Bam said suddenly.
“What the fuck? Why the hell are you staying in a hotel? You know you’re more than welcome to stay here.” I said, grabbing hold of his arm and pulling him through the now open doorway.
“Are you sure?”
“Of course I’m sure you idiot. And now that you’re here you really have no say in the matter.” I laughed quietly.
“OK.” Bam smiled.