Love, the Hardest Way

28

Bam had been staying with me for a grand total of three weeks so far. And I loved every second of it. As usual, he stayed in my room; it felt so natural now, as though he belonged there. Every morning I would look over at him sleeping, and I could feel myself falling him even more. Every day I could physically feel my heart giving itself to him more and more. And that scared the shit out of me. But at the same time made me feel more exhilarated and alive than I’d ever felt before.
And everyday I’d been planning my surprise. The only other person that knew was Joe the camera guy. I had to make sure he captured it all on film. This would blow them all away, it would be the most amazing thank you gift that no one could ever top.
I’d spent the last week on the phone to countless different people, getting it all set up. Now it was almost done, everything was falling into place.
“Helloooo, Scar! Anyone in there?” Bam laughed, waving a hand in front of my face.
“Sorry, I was a million miles away.”
“I could tell. You didn’t even react to the funniest part of the film.”
“Sorry.” I repeated sheepishly.
“What were you thinking about?”
“Nothing you need know about...just yet.”
“Tellll meeee.”
“Nope.”
“Please!” Bam shouted, throwing his arms around me.
“Never.” I laughed.
“Awwww. No fair.”
I just laughed at him again.
He looked up into my eyes with a pleading look in his own icy blue ones. It was then I suddenly realised how close our faces were.
“Please.” He whispered gently, shifting even closer, our lips now only inches apart.
I couldn’t form any coherent thoughts. I couldn’t remember what we were even talking about. I couldn’t remember my name. The only thing I knew in that moment was how much I wanted to close the gap between us and make that dream I had so many months ago at Bam’s house into a reality.
My gaze flickered between his eyes and his lips, which were so tantalisingly close. He must have noticed, and used it to his advantage, as he slid infinitesimally closer, though nowhere near as close as I wanted.
“Pretty please...tell me what you were thinking about.” He breathed. All I could think about was his warm breath floating over my face, making my eyes want to gently close. But I didn’t want to miss a second of this moment.
“I...umm...it...” I barely managed to stutter. Every part of me was screaming at me to kiss him.
*Bam’s P.O.V.*
This was officially my most perfect moment ever. Holding her in my arms, her lips centimetres away from my own; the only thing that could make this better would be to kiss her. Something that I wanted more than anything in the world. I felt for sure she could she all the wanting and longing in my eyes for her. I chickened out telling her how I felt when we went out for dinner a couple of weeks ago. Maybe showing her would be much more effective than telling her.