Love, the Hardest Way

30

“Well, well, well...what have we here?” Bambi smirked as she strolled into the living room.
“It looks like someone’s having a very good time.” Fish added.
My cheeks were aflame. I thought they were going to be gone for at least another few hours.
“Hey girls. How was shopping?” Bam asked casually, completely unfazed.
“Oh we had fun, though apparently not as much as you.” Fish laughed.
I buried my head in Bam’s shoulder, trying unsuccessfully to stop my blushing.
“All I can say is fucking finally. I thought we’d have to glue your lips together when you were sleeping.” Bambi added, smiling down at the two of us as she took her bags to her room.
“We’ll give you guys some privacy.” Fish smiled as well, heading off to Bambi’s room so they could try on their new clothes.
When I finally heard Bambi’s door closing, I dared to bring my face out of Bam’s shoulder, the blush still prominent on my cheeks.
“Hey, come on, you embarrassed?” Bam asked, stroking my hair.
“Yes.” I mumbled.
“Aw, I’m hurt, you’re embarrassed to be seen kissing me.”
“No no! That’s not what I meant, it’s just that-“
“Haha, don’t worry! I was only joking.” Bam laughing, looking down into my eyes.
I smiled, returning the gaze.
“Come on, it’s getting late, let’s go to bed.”
Bam stood up and offered me his hand. I took it and he pulled me off the sofa and up the stairs to my bedroom.
I ventured into my wardrobe to get my pj’s on and throw my clothes in the washing basket. By the time I made my way over to my bed, Bam was already under the covers and snuggled into what had become ‘his’ side of my bed.
“Comfy?” I asked, gently laughing at the contented look on his face.
“Almost.”
“Almost? How can you be almost comfy?”
“Cause you haven’t gotten into bed yet.”
With that I blushed again and smiled; I pulled down the covers and slipped into them on my side. Before I could even get properly laid down Bam already had his arms around my waist.
“Much better, I’m comfy now.” He sighed.
I giggled softly at his childishness, something that made me fall for him even more.
“Goodnight Bam.” I whispered. Then I hesitated, not knowing what to do. Should I kiss him goodnight? Or was what happened in the living room a fluke, a onetime thing?
“Night Scar.” I could hear the smile on his lips; which suddenly came into brief, soft contact with mine in a sweet kiss.
“Tonight has definitely been the best night I’ve had since meeting you.” Bam said so softly I could hardly hear it.
“Same here.” I answered.
With that I closed my eyes and slowly fell into a deep and comfortable sleep beside the man I don’t think I’d be able to live without anymore.