Love, the Hardest Way

34

We had time to spare before Bam’s flight; so we went and sat in a little cafe. And it was over that cup of cheap airport coffee that I realised that I was sitting across from the man that I wanted to be with forever.
“So, do you want to know?” Bam asked after a short silence.
“Know what?”
“Know how fucking crazy I am about you?”
I just blushed, not knowing what to say. That didn’t stop him.
“The first time I saw you all I could think about was how much I loved your hair. I’d never seen a girl who could pull off having blue hair. And when I saw you all covered in blood and apparently hit by a car I just thought: ‘shit, not her, I wanted to ask her out’. And then over the next few months I couldn’t stop thinking of you, I had to see you again. Watching your show just wasn’t enough. So I called Edy and set up that Christmas prank of taking Vex...”
“Something I still haven’t forgiven you for, by the way.” I interjected with a smile.
“Haha, yeah. But then when I bought him back and you jumped on me, fuck I had to do everything in my power not to grab you and kiss you right then. I kept trying to tell myself that it was just a crush, a fling that I could get over. But when you smiled at seeing Vex, it made my stomach flip and my heart skip a beat. I just wanted you to smile at me like that. I knew then that I would do anything to get you to smile like that because of me.”
I couldn’t believe that I was actually hearing this, listening to all of these feelings that I have had since I’ve known this incredible man reflected in his own words.
“Then I had to leave again and it was months until I saw you again. Until you turned up in West Chester. And I couldn’t wait, because I would get to hang out with you for more than just a few days. I would get the chance to really get to know you as a person, rather than just a voice on the phone. I even fucking cleaned the house. And then we played Spin the Bottle that one night and I got to kiss you. I couldn’t believe how soft your lips were, how much I just wanted to keep kissing you. And every time I saw you after that I just wanted to kiss you again and again. Then you let me sleep in your bed when I stayed over. Even though I knew nothing would happen, I was so fucking happy that I could just be near you. I don’t care if that makes me sound like a fucking pussy, because it’s true. Then when I surprised you for your birthday, I finally got that smile, the one that completely lit up everything around you, and I was the one who caused it. It was at that point that I realised that what I feel for you wasn’t just a fling; I couldn’t just get over you. What I feel for you is so much stronger than what I felt for Jenn; it easily outstrips whatever I felt for Missy. You are the only one that I want. And I don’t care that we live on different continents, because I know that you are the one.”
I just sat the speechless, looking into those blue eyes that I love. At that face that I love. Holding those strong hands that I love. I was in love with Bam Margera.
“Bam, I...I don’t know what to say.”
“Then don’t say anything.”
“But I wanted you to know how much I feel the same.”
“Just you being here with me shows me that.”
He could be such a fucking romantic when he wanted to be.
I leaned across the small table and pressed our lips together. I just wanted to convey my love for him. I wanted nothing more than to take him back home and not let him leave. But it was too late; we were already at the airport, his bags checked in.
My lips were still pressed on Bam’s when I felt yet another tear slip from my eye.
“Hey, shhh, it’s ok. I won’t be gone for very long. I promise we’ll be together again before you know it.”
“I know, but it’s just not fair that you have to go know when we finally have everything out in the open.”
“The timing sucks ass I know. But at least it’s out now and we don’t have to wait however much longer before telling each other.”
“Yeah...” I whispered.
He pulled me up out of my chair and pulled me into a warm comforting hug. I just wanted to stay there, but all too soon Bam’s flight was announced and he had to go.
“Don’t worry Scar; I’ll be back before you know it. Honest.”
“I’m going to hold you to that.”
He gave me one last kiss before letting me go and heading off to his departure gate. I stood in that same spot until I couldn’t see him anymore. Then I turned around and headed back to the car.
I couldn’t believe that he felt the same way. I think I may have been in shock. But he was going back to West Chester now.
I had some planning to do. Not to mention getting ready for Bambi and Fish’s surprise thank you party. I had so much to do now that I wouldn’t have time to miss Bam until the next time I saw him. For that I was thankful, I don’t think I could handle missing him, it would hurt too much.