Status: finished :)

For You I'd Tear Out My Own Heart

Big Blows

I drove to work in pure happiness. I got to see Kara yesterday, and I was definitely happy about it. All three of us girls will have to get together sometime soon. A little earlier, I was thinking about how we honestly just don’t see each other enough anymore. So, we planned to go shopping that Wednesday.

I got into the parking lot, eager to see Brandon. Because of our plans being canceled last night, I was hoping we’d have a lot of time together today. I even got there a little early, so we could have some more time together. I’m really hoping today is the day he really asks me out, for real.

So, with complete confidence in myself, I walked into the all-too-familiar store. My manager, Mr. Jones, was standing at the cash register. He nodded at me, and I smiled back. Then, I walked into the employee’s lounge, where I was assuming Brandon was.

I walked in with a huge smile on my face, but that smile faded too fast. There, with my own eyes, was Brandon. But, not just Brandon. It was Brandon making out with another girl.

The tears stung in my eyes, “Brandon?”

He quickly removed himself from the girl, “You’re not scheduled to work until another half hour.”

My feelings quickly turned to anger, “I wanted to spend more time with you, so I came in early.”

“Oh,” he trailed off.

“That doesn’t give you an excuse to cheat on me!” I gritted my teeth.

He gave my an odd look, “Zoe, it’s not cheating. We’re not exclusive, I don’t do that. I mean, you’re hot and all, but I don’t date. I have affairs.”

“But, why didn’t you tell me that?” I asked.

“I thought it was obvious. Look, I’m sorry I hurt you, but I just don’t do relationships,” he shrugged.

“Great, well, glad I ever cared about you,” I rolled my eyes, and quickly ran out of the door. A few tears were falling already, and to avoid embarrassment, I wanted to get out of there quickly.

“Mr. Jones, I am really sick today. I left my medicine here overnight, and I feel like crap. May I please have the day off?” I said in a fake-nasally voice.

He gave me a sympathetic look, “Sure thing sweetie, I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?”

“Thank you sir, see you then,” I smiled back, then coughed for effect.

I then quickly walked through the mall, hardly anyone was there, but I didn’t want to take my chances. Next, I quickly got into my car, and just cried. I honestly thought his was real, that it was going to be something. But, I was wrong.

In the spirit of being sad and mad, I decided to pig out. I fist went to the grocery store, where I bought three containers of Ben and Jerry’s. Then, I went to McDonalds, to get large amounts of calories and grease.

Once I was satisfied with my order, I paid and headed home. Eating some of it in the car, I listened to the saddest songs that were on the radio. This is the only way to get over a cheating incident. Trust me, I’ve been there and done that.

I quickly got the mail along with the rest of my things, and walked into the house. It’s a good thing my parents were at work, because I didn’t want to be asked a million questions right away. I quickly put in the first disc of Glee, and happily continued to eat like no tomorrow.

After finishing discs one through three, I decided to stop eating, and get some sleep or something. I put away the remainder of the ice cream in the freezer.

Just now remembering the mail, I shuffled through it. Most of it was random bills and junk mail, but there was a letter addressed to me. A confused look washed over my face, because it was a simple folded-up note.

I flattened it out, and began to read it, “Hello Zoe, it’s been quite a long time hasn’t it? I haven’t seen you in about seven years, and I’ve quite missed you. It’s a shame that you just had to go and tell on me, now wasn’t it? Well, that’s quite alright, I’m out now, and I’m free to do as I wish. I wouldn’t bother trying to come after me. Precious little daddy got sent on surprise business trip this morning, and your mother is with me. I’m not going to hurt her or anything, I simply want to catch up. You’ll regret trying to find her.

Love,
James.


My eyes only grew wider as I read further along that note. James, that was the man who got out. This is terrible, what am I going to do? I paced the room, tears falling one by one. I had to go get my mother, only God knows where he is, and how far he’s gotten with her.

I quickly ran up the stairs, got out my old backpack, and piled clothes in. While I was looking through my dressers, another note, “I told you this wasn’t a good idea. You really shouldn’t be leaving your house. You know I have people already by your location. Meaning, they can come out at any time and follow you, and take you back home. Don’t make any chaos now, dear.

I scoffed at it, and threw it on the ground. Were there really people outside my house, waiting for me to leave? This can’t be happening, I got rid of James a long time ago, I thought it was done and over with.

Out of panic I called Kara. Once she answered, I knew it was a mistake, I couldn’t get her in this. She doesn’t deserve it, nobody does, but Kara and Nina especially.

“Zoe? If you butt-dialed me again, so help me,” she stopped.

I cut her off, “I did, sorry.”

“Zoe, what’s wrong with you?” she asked.

“Nothing at all,” I chuckled, trying to sound calm.

“Something is up, I’m coming over. Nina is with me, so she’ll be with me,” Kara said, then hung up.

Fuck, I needed to get out of there, now. But, I also had to be able to get out without having people chasing after me. Or, was that just some stupid trick of his to keep me in the house? He’s wonderful with mind games, and that’s why he stuck around for so long in the first place.

I heard a knock on the door, shit. I let it be, trying to think of ways to get out of the house without getting them involved. I put on my shoes, but something was inside the right one. A post-it note that read “You sure you want to do this?” was on it. I rolled my eyes, and shoved them on.

“Zoe Nicole Merrick, open this damn door!” a huge pound was heard from the door.

I quickly got my backpack, and just as I was thinking of plans, the door unlocked, and the two were in the house. It was done for, now they are officially part of this.

“You have to get out of here. Please, I’m begging you,” I cried.

“Zoe, relax. What’s wrong?” Nina asked.

“You can’t be here. It’s going to put you in danger, you have to get out!” I yelled.

A worried look crossed Kara’s face, “Look, we’re staying here until you tell us what’s going on.”

I sighed, “I really need to get out of this house, now. We need to get in a car, and then out on the streets, but we have to be as quick as possible. And if we aren’t, we could possibly die.”

Nina gave me a dumb look, “Zoe, is this some new spy show you’re watching or something, because you’re kind of freaking me out.”

“I can’t explain anything, until we are out of here. Okay? I promise I will the moment I can. Now, we need a plan,” I pushed along. The faster I got out of here, the better chance I could get my mom back.

Kara and Nina gave each other a weird look, but nodded. I then continued, “Both of you get in Kara’s car. I need you to drive normally, until you get close to the gate, that’s when I want you to floor it. Get immediately to the backdoor. That’s where I’ll be waiting. I’m going to jump directly in the back seat, so have it unlocked. Once I’ve slammed the door, I need you to floor the car, and I mean floor it.”

“Are you serious right now?” Kara asked.

“Please, just believe me. I’m begging you,” I pleaded.

Nina sighed, “Okay, we’ll do it. I’ll drive, since I’m faster.”

Kara nodded, I could tell that she was nervous by the way she looked. Both of them were, but now that they have been in the house, they’re things James can use to get back at me, or my mother for that matter.

“I need you two to get as much food and money stuffed into your purses. We’re going to need it, so just pile anything you see,” I directed, and they followed.

I went upstairs to put all the money hidden in my room and Zack’s into my backpack. I think in a situation like this, he wouldn’t mind. I then went to my mom’s hidden stash of money in her closet, and grabbed it.

All three of us met back in the living room, with a lot of money and food in our hands. I couldn’t believe we really had to do this, I didn’t want back in this situation. I was eleven years old when this man came into my life, and I thought I’d gotten rid of him, but apparently, law enforcement sucks ass. That means, I have to take matters into my own hands. Though, it will be hard without Zack around.

“Are you two ready?” I questioned.

“As ready as we’ll ever be,” Kara shrugged.

“Okay, when I hear the crash, I’ll start opening the door. Once you start getting into that yard, we have to move, and I mean move. Do you understand? This is not a game, this is life and death, so we must move fast,” I said.

We hugged each other goodbye, as they walked out of the door. I took a deep breath, and prayed for this to work. I walked by the backdoor, unlocked it, and got ready to run. I heard the loud crash of the gate, and I rushed to get the door open.

As it was opened, the white car was waiting. I jumped in, and slammed the door, as Nina slammed on her gas pedal. Rounds of yelling and guns firing were heard behind us. James was not playing this time, he had a whole team of people ready to kill me if needed.

“Zoe! What the fuck is happened?” Nina said in pure fear.

“I can’t explain now, just go!“ I pushed her along

“If I go any faster, the cops will be after us,” she panicked.

Floor it!” I yelled, as the tires squeaked, and we were flying down the road.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Happy New Year! It's currently 12 a.m, which means it's 2011! And to celebrate that, I updated this within two days :). I hope everyone reaches their resolutions :). So, what is everyone thinking right now with this? Do you like this? So, I told you action was coming, and here it is! Thanks to everyone who commented last chapter! :D
ImInLoveWithYou?
time flies;
Ultraviolet Light
FromOceanToSky
Classy Not Classic
Internal.Workings
rivals are insane
choking;on;my;misery
Sorry to anyone hasn't gotten to read chapter 10 yet, I just wanted to update for the new year :D! Alright, that's about it! Bye guys! I seriously love all of you :).