Status: finished :)

For You I'd Tear Out My Own Heart

News Reports

It’s been almost two weeks since I’ve last talked to Alex. I wasn’t as mad as I originally was, just sad. I couldn’t believe he called me a bitch. Usually he’ll call me right back after we were in a huge fight, but nothing. Maybe I should just man up and apologize myself, but I don’t want to do that. He’ll just tell me to stay away from Brandon, because he’s only going to hurt me, bullshit.

Brandon and I are really happy with each other, I’m hoping he’ll ask me out exclusively soon. We’ve been flirting a lot at work, and just yesterday he kissed me goodbye. He’s so sweet, the perfect gentlemen. He opens doors for me, calls me beautiful, and pays for everything.

Alex was a nice boyfriend of course, but it was so fakey. We were fourteen and fifteen years old, that’s not a real relationship. I just don’t think we’re meant to be together like that. Everyone says that they can tell that I like Alex, and that he likes me, but I think different. I don’t have feelings for him in that way.

My phone rang loudly beside me, I picked it up to reveal that it was Brandon.

My frown quickly turned to a smile quickly as I answered, “Hey!”

“Hey babe,” he paused. “I’m sorry, but I’m going to have to cancel our plans for tonight.”

The smile faded once again, “Aw, why?”

He hesitated, “I have to go to my grandparent’s house for dinner. They invited me, and I can’t say no to them, since I hardy see them. I am sorry.”

“Oh. Well, I completely understand. Well how about later tonight then?” I asked, my hopes rising slightly.

“No, bad day at work, too many customers. So, I’m going to their house, then crashing at mine,” he replied.

“Alright, that’s okay. I’ll see you tomorrow,” I said.

“Okay, see you then,” he hung up the phone.

Brandon seemed a little off today, probably because it was busy. I didn’t work that day, so I wouldn’t know about the rush. I trust Brandon completely, so he wouldn’t lie, to me of all people.

I decided that I would invite Kara over, just for old times sake. We needed some girl time, we haven’t had that in such a long time.

I dialed her number, and she answered on the first ring, “Zo! Hey babe!”

“Hey!” I giggled at her enthusiasm, “Do you want to stay at my house tonight?”

“Yes! I’d love to, I’ll be over in like twenty minutes. Love ya!” she then hung up the phone.

I always have loved Kara, she was obviously one of my best friends, and I’m happy about that. It’s amazing how much has changed since I’ve moved from Wisconsin. I’ve made so many more friends, and good ones too. Life would be so much different without moving to Lutherville. I thought I’d hate this place with a passion, but I turned out to absolutely adore it.

The doorbell rang as I finished my thoughts. Of course I knew it would be Kara, but that didn’t stop me from wanting to open it first.

The smiling face of Kara became clear when I did open it. She quickly engulfed me in a hug, “Gosh, I freaking missed you!”

I hugged her back, “I saw you two days ago Kara.”

“Still! That’s too long. We used to be with each other every moment except sleep,” she sighed. Things honestly weren’t the same as high school. Now we both have jobs, and Nina has school, so it’s hard for all of us to get together.

**********

Kara and I both were cracking up on the floor of my bedroom. We just got done prank calling some people, and their reactions were priceless. I know it may sound childish to be prank calling people at eighteen, but in reality, it’s so much fun still.

“Ah, let’s go watch some T.V,” Kara let out her last chuckle.

“Sounds good,” I linked pinkies with her, and we walked downstairs, where my father was watching the news.

“Hey, dad, do you mind if we watch some T.V?” I asked.

“Sure, the news is done in fifteen minutes, so you can have it then,” he patted the seats next to him, encouraging us to sit down.

I sat in the middle, with dad on one side, and Kara on the other. I didn’t watch the news too often, but it’s not like it bothered me or anything.

One of the men spoke, “So, there is some fishy stuff happening in Lutherville right now people. A man who was sent from Wisconsin a few years back is now loose. He somehow got out of prison, and is out somewhere in the public. Apparently he was in for some messy stuff, so I’d watch out for anything suspicious.”

The woman next to him then spoke, “ Yes, I would suggest staying home tonight. We will have pictures and more information later on tonight, so look out for that.”

That was a little weird, nothing bad really happened in Lutherville. But, stupid shit happens everywhere, so I chose to ignore it.

The news quickly ended, and we watched a marathon of The Office until it became eleven o’clock, and the news came back on. I decided that I wanted to know more about this man, so I’m actually going to watch it this time.

A different woman spoke, “About this man everybody, his name appears to be James. He’s in for beating a woman a while back. It happened about seven years ago, but he has just escaped this morning. Please stay inside your homes everybody.”

“We’re sorry to say that we don’t have any pictures yet, but we are trying to get a hold of them as I speak,” the man said.

I turned off the T.V, while Kara was giving me a weird look, “Zoe, why do you look like you just saw a ghost?”

I snapped out of my thoughts, “Oh, just really tired. We better get to sleep, we both have work tomorrow.”

Kara crossed her arms, “Okay, whatever you say.”

We got upstairs and quickly got in the bed. Kara was almost instantly snoring, but I kept getting caught in my thoughts. Mostly about Alex, but also about this guy in Lutherville. I always was a worrier, but this was really bothering me. It was probably nothing, so I switched my thoughts to Brandon, and soon got to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! So, I'm officially done with my writer's block for this! I have an idea, and I'm rolling with it. Just be prepared that there will be some serious action stuff coming soon. I'm hoping it'll make some interested readers, and less silent ones :). So, what are you thinking about the Alex and Zoe fight? What do you think of this story so far? Alright, thanks for the comemnts last chapter, they were all good!
asking alex.
FromOceanToSky
Kinkeh Dinosaurs
Ultraviolet Light
Classy Not Classic
rivals are insane
ImInLoveWithYou?
TrishaxMelissa
MaskedBeauty
pandas!
Again, I'm really hoping this isn't too boring for you. I know this chapter was, but I know that it's going to pick up soon, so be excited for that one! :D. Thanks to every one of my subscribers and commenters. I love the feeback, and it's nice to see that I have story comments, it always makes me smile :). To those silent readers, could you please leave some love? I of course do appreciate all of those amazing people who comment reguarly, but I have 63 subscribers, I think I can get more :). Anyway, thank you everybody.