Status: Hiatus Until Thanksgiving Break, college sucks :(

Dear Mom, Thanks For Sending Your Human Daughter to a Boarding School of Supernaturals

My Charming New Room Mate...

I used to think that the day would never come
That my life would depend on the morning sun...

--Anberlin "True Faith"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Cristanto was definitely a sight. Even though this powerful and dangerous vibe was totally oozing from his uh... persona, he was very, very attractive. His body was lean but compact and his butt was definitely cute in those black pants. If it wasn't for the fact that he was looking at me like dinner, I woulda jumped his bones right then and there.

"Who are you? And what are you doing in my garden?" He smiled with two fangs erecting from his mouth.

"I'm a student at the school and I'm lost." I replied.

"Oh is that right? Then you must be Iris." He looked very interested as he walked cautiously towards me.

"Yes." I said slowly as I backed away.

"Don't leave. Stay. It's a nice night to be out." He pressed. His eyes were very hollow looking. Dark and void-like. "I understand why the King allowed you into this school."

Curiosity sparked inside of me. "Oh? Then please do explain, because I'm all lost why a human like me is in a school of monsters like you."

Cristanto chuckled darkly and the next thing I knew he was behind me, his arm gripped tightly on my waist and the other hand tipping my head over to expose my neck. I felt a chill as he licked my neck with his cold tongue. "You must be here to be a blood provider." My breath caught as I began to panic. One things for sure, we both had something in common. Unfortunately we think of each other as delicious, only thing is Cristanto is thinking "delicious" in a very wrong way.

"Now bend to my will and give yourself to me." Cristanto hissed into my ear. Uh, hell no?

"Let her go."

I blinked and tried to roll my eyes over to the source of the voice to confirm the unbelievable person that came to mind. It was Richard. My first attacker!

Richard was standing in front of the door leaning against the school building with little emotion in his stance. He didn't seem at all fickled. Cristanto stopped and held me closer to him like a little boy trying to cling tightly to a banana fudge sundae. "Oh it's the prisoner." He said curtly.

"I'm telling you Cris, let her go. She's a student at the school and not your plaything." Richard continued.

"Who do you think you are to talk to a King that way?" Cristanto snarled. I was pulled even tightly against him and all I could think of was how I was being held by a crazy ass vampire King.

"You're a prince, and I doubt you'll ascend to the throne for at least another thousand years." Richard countered triumphantly, Cristanto growled and all I could think about at this moment was that I was being held by a crazy ass vampire prince. What a brat.

Richard was beginning to get impatient and it was apparent as he rolled his shoulders. After pushing off the wall he was at Crstanto's face. "Please." Richard said which surprised the hell outta me that he would even know that word, "release her before you cause more trouble."

After what seemed like forever, I finally felt his grip loosen around my waist and I could breathe again. I stumbled forward and quickly stood behind Richard. Yeah I was scared. Who wouldn't be? My life was basically on the line here.

"Aw she's scared of me." Cristanto teased. His hand reached out and I just stared at how long his fingers were on his large hands. "You will come and play with me right Iris?"

How did he know my name?

"Oh I know a lot about you Iris. Maybe even more than you." Cristanto stepped forward and gave me a stare that bore into my eyes. Dear lord this guy was telepathic! Not thinking, not thinking, not thinking...

"That's enough Iris." Cristanto backed away looking wary. "I hate annoying thoughts like that. It's so boring."

"Well good. Stay away from me you damned freak." I snapped. Cristanto hissed in response and Richard stood in front of me his arms protectively held in front of me.

"We're leaving." Richard said in an even voice.

Cristanto said nothing and turned around as he walked back to the rose bushes he original had stood at. His hand reached out to grab another rose despite the thorns that bit at his fingers. I felt Richard's hands turn me away and lead me back to the door. When we were back in the school halls that's when I felt my shoulders slam into the wall.

"You're an idiot for leaving the hospital wing." Richard looked pissed, but I was too confused to even fight back. I couldn't understand why my attacker would even give a rats ass if I was bitten again.

"You're not going to bite me again?" I asked with a bit of venom in my voice.

His expression went dark. "Not if you piss me off again."

"Oh is that so." I rolled my eyes but before I could add more, Mr Rye appeared again with a not so happy expression. His hand was over the burn marks on his stomach as he approached us with large strides. He reached for my hand and grabbed it tightly while pulling off my silver rings. His hand smoked with new burns but he only gave a slight flinch as he threw them far across the hall.

"Thank you Richard. You may go back to your room." Richard nodded at Mr. Rye and turned quickly to head back to his room.

"You will not do that again." Mr Rye growled as he squeezed my shoulder. I winced. Damn those werewolf muscles. "You are in so much danger and you just rush off to dive straight in? Are you insane?"

"No, I just wanted to get back to my room and leave." I gasped as he let go.

"Well you can't. Now that you know about us, this school, and now... Cristanto, you can't leave." Mr Rye sighed as he held me more gently. Good thing, a human body can only tolerate so much strain.

"So you're just going to hold me prisoner here?"

"Isn't that your fault? If you stayed with me instead of running off into the Prince's garden, you might have had a good chance to leave without so much as a scratch but now you got Prince Cristanto's eyes glued to you and he won't allow you to leave. It's been years since he's interacted with a human much less a girl." Great. I've won the attraction of a vampire prince and he just sees me as some kind of delicious lollipop.

"Now what do I do?" I frowned at myself wishing I could turn back time and just stayed in the hospital.

"One, you will go back to your dorm and remain there. I've set you up with a new room mate who will watch you." He said. We've been walking as he spoke. He stood close by and I felt his extreme heat radiating off his body. Must be a werewolf thing. But against this cold atmosphere and bleak feelings, at least his body warmth was comforting. Almost reminded me the feeling of the sun which I haven't felt at all in the past week I've stayed here.

We got to my room which was at the far end of the dorm wing. Mr. Rye turned around to me and patted my shoulder awkwardly as if he was trying to comfort a small child. "Are you scared now?" his hand rested on my shoulder.

Well versed. Yes that's exactly how I felt. Scared. Not so scared that I'll cry tonight but I would be if it weren't for this flaming rage I have for my mother who got me into this mess in the first place. I gave a shrug. It was the best response I could think of.

Mr. Rye looked surprised. "That was unexpected." he lowered his hands to his side.

"No it's called shock. Maybe when I get over it you can try and hold me in your arms then." I said sarcastically which caused him to blush in embarrassment.

"Uh... if you need any help or you're in some kind of trouble, say that your Jonathan Rye's." He spoke quickly. Wow. I'm his? What a joke. Still, I couldn't help but blush at that too. That was just too cheesy and considerate to me. So his first name was Jonathan... hm would he mind John? Excuse my American lazy attitude but I don't like using full names.

"Okay John." I said slowly testing it out. He didn't seem bothered so from that point on I'd call him John.

John retreated back towards the teacher's dorm building. I watched his lean back disappear into the dim halls. Back to my door, I opened it quickly ready to jump into my bed but stopped almost dead on my feet.

"Yeah, this isn't so pleasant for me either so just go to bed and shut up," Richard said with a yawn as he leaned back on the other bed.

This is not the room mate I had in mind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tune in for the next exciting chapter of Iris Black's adventures in her new Boarding School!

R I C H A R D
Image