Status: Hiatus Until Thanksgiving Break, college sucks :(

Dear Mom, Thanks For Sending Your Human Daughter to a Boarding School of Supernaturals

One More Bite?

Suddenly lost inside a fantasy
Everything not quite what it seems to be
Slipping and falling through the looking glass
Catching a glimpse at all that lies behind the masks
You disappear with the dawn, you only see what you want
When you are out with the birds of prey
They watch and they feed they take what they need
They bite as you bleed

--Christina Aguilera "Birds of Prey"


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“A girl needs her necessities.”

This was all too entirely true. Staying indoors in a rinky dink little dorm room with a moody but attractive vampire and a delicious werewolf teacher isn’t what I call ‘fun’. Despite the eye candy, they were no enjoyment at all. If you could spell bored with two supernatural creatures in your room, then you know it’s time to get the hell out and do something.

“Safety’s first. Cristanto is still looking for you.” Jonathan Rye, the school’s English teacher was one fine piece of meat. I call him John because of my super lazy American ways and just so we have a casual relationship. He doesn’t seem to mind.

“Let him have her.” Richard, my most favorite vampire in this school because the other one I’ve met just wants to eat me and that doesn’t do well in my ‘list of people I like’ in fact Richard’s attempt to kill me in class didn’t rank high up on that list either but at least he’s restraining himself. And I’m guessing for a vampire, it was damn near impossible. “How do you know he just wants to kill her? Maybe he wants to play.”

“If playing involves any form of blood spill, I hardly call that child’s play.” I snapped. Cristanto was this lunatic vampire prince, also a sight for sore eyes. He was tall, with a good but compact body and dark hair, dark eyes, yum. I stopped myself from thinking about last night’s dream and continued on with my argument. “I still want to go out because I need to do something other than playing the stare game with Rich over there. I’m being driven insane here!”

“I sort of thought the insanity was just a part of who you are.” Richard leered.

“I sort of thought that stick up your ass was also a part of who you are.” I cracked a few knuckles.

While Richard rolled his eyes in response, John had contemplated what I said and finally gave a slow and thoughtful nod. “I guess… I guess you could go out for a little while.” He looked around the room and his eyes landed on Richard, then to me with a sympathetic transformation. “But one of us has to stay with you.”

“No thank you.” Richard spoke fast. “I know you’re going to pick me to take her on a shaaaawping spree but you can just forget it. My ass is glued to this bed.” He said shopping spree like a preppy cheerleader which could’ve made me laugh if it wasn’t meant to piss me off.

“Nobody asked you Richard,” I said, “You can count on the fact that I’d never ask you out anywhere.”

“Tell that to your Joooohn.” He said immaturely.

I looked over at John who shrugged. “If he doesn’t go with you, you can’t leave.” He responded simply. “I have class now so I need to leave. You work it out with Richard if you want to go.”

Richard’s eyes widened and I narrowed mine as John left. “I’m leaving whether you come or not.” I reached over my bed to grab my black Gucci purse and started heading out the door. Richard said nothing as he laid back on his bed with a “I don’t give a damn” written all over his body.

Fine, I can play that game to. “I don’t care either.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Getting out of the school was proved easy enough. All I had to do was walk around confidently to the gate. The guard standing there was asking me where I was going and I told him into town. So he gave me a pass that wound around my neck and said to go on.

The town was small but thankfully they had good stores. The urban touch was definitely there as I walked in and out. Some I knew, some where local, and others were just pretty vintage. I managed to find one cute outfit and decided to save the rest of my money for the big run when it comes. I bought a new cheetah legging and a black frilly vintage skirt. For the top I bought a graphic white tank top with headphones that came loose in strings on the bottom and a white plaid button up shirt without the buttons.

I started contemplating whether I should head back or not. John was probably freaking out by now since I was sure his class was over. Ah well, the worst he’ll do is yell at me and I just have to give him one googly eyed look to change that frown into a smile.

The sun was starting to go down and I sighed while sipping on my banana and mango smoothie. This wasn’t as fun being alone and all. Still it was ten times better than being in room with Mr. I’m-anal-twenty-four-seven all day.

And speaking of the devil, there he was striding right up to me with a dangerous look.

“Are you really alive in there or is that brain really vacant in that head of yours.” He asked as he took the liberty to take a seat across from me.

“I see that you’re bored.” I said ignoring his earlier comment.

“More like I got my ass chewed out by Mr. Rye.” He said as he looked around him with a sort of uncomfortable edge. “Are you heading back?”

“In a bit, I have to finish my smoothie.”

Richard looked a bit sick in the stomach. “We need to go. The sun’s almost completely gone.”

You’d think he’d save his worries for when the sun was coming up and not down. “That’s not a problem for you.”

“It could be for you.”

“Well it’s not. I doubt your people much less Cristanto will come attacking me out in the public eye.” I said.

He was going to say something but I got up and threw my smoothie away and without waiting for him I started to head back to the school. He quickly caught up. Not vampire speed but it was more like quick and graceful strides. And as we headed for our first turn I felt a sudden jerky pull on my shoulder that practically yanked me off the street into a small dark alleyway. Richard’s hand was over my mouth and he held me tightly against his body. Everything was still and the only sound I heard was the sound of my breaths and the lack of Richard’s.

I waited almost four minutes. And in that time, I struggled to get free but that was like trying to bust through a metal wall. Richard had held me very sternly. He wouldn’t budge one bit. And then I saw someone walk up passing the alleyway and continuing on in the school’s direction. His dark hair and pale complexion told me he was none other than Cristanto. He looked almost normal in a white shirt, a grayish blue blazer and dark jeans. I could see that firm butt making its way to the first light and crossing it.

Man that was so close! Wow, I’m amazed Richard could sense someone that far behind us. Besides that I wondered why Cristanto was in town in the first place. He didn’t seem the type to be walking around the human world just for kicks. I blinked thinking maybe he went to have an evening snack.

Speaking of which Richard seemed pretty close to my neck. I felt his lips touch the now pulsing vain in my neck and he licked it with a cold tongue.

Uh oh.

“Hey uh it’s clear.” I said trying to sound level.

“Mmmhm…” He sighed as he took a whiff of my hair.

I was almost too scared to ask what he was doing. But I did so anyway very quietly. He didn’t answer and continue to kiss my neck. I attempted to tug away from him trying to break his trance but he held me with his steely grip and I was against his body that quivered against my back.

“Richard, you’re really pushing it.” I gulped.

There was no talking to this guy. I head his fangs unsheathe and graze my neck a bit. The hairs on my body were standing on its ends with goose bumps. I held my breath expecting him to bite but he didn’t. His head nuzzled in my neck. I felt his teeth still smooth against my skin but nothing else.

After a few moments they retracted and his grip loosened around me. I took a step forward and turned around slowly to see his face looked a bit rigid. I would’ve smacked the hell out of his head if it weren’t for that agonized expression.

“What’s wrong?” I asked sounding more scared than worried.

“I’m obviously thirsty so let’s hurry back so I can eat.” He snarled.

Moody much… Though I felt grateful that he didn’t bite me, I was still a bit jumpy from almost becoming dinner. And if you think I wasn’t fazed by Richard’s little grip and erotic kiss, than you have me all wrong. What girl in their right mind wouldn’t feel this jelly-fied? But hey this is Richard. One pleasurable experience (though it was really frightening) wasn’t going to erase the fact he was such a damn jerk.

When we got back to the school, John was waiting at the front of the building with a relieved expression. He walked towards us and pulled me into a quick hug and held me arms length away.

“Glad to see you’re in one piece.” He said.

I didn’t want to mention how my supposed body guard almost had me for supper so I just smiled a little and nodded. “So how was your day out?”

“Good.” I replied. “I bought a new outfit and walked around town a lot.” As I started to tell him my day’s events (excluding Cristanto and Richard from my story), I quickly glanced behind only to find Richard gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Quizilla's Version Link

Thanks to all the readers who keep coming back to read my sorta cliche (I think it is) story! ^-^ All those positive feedback messages are also appreciated! I am so happy to read them C: So please continue with them and don't hesitate to say something about my writing whether its good or bad news as long as it doesn't borderline hatemail. Sorry for not updating for a while but College is hectic even though it's sooo fun C: I'll explain more in my journal entries and save your brains the trouble LOL