Status: Hiatus

Lips of an Angel

Old Friends

The strong arms that clung onto Michelle let her go. She regained her composure before turning around to see a familiar face. She smiled widely at her old bearded friend. Ryan always made her smile; even when she was feeling down. He was the one she confided in a long time ago when the unexpected happened. He promised he wouldn't tell Bam and Michelle believed that he didn't. It had to have been Claire; she was working that day. Ryan pulled Michelle back into another hug before kissing her cheek.

"What the hell are you doing here chelle?" he asked while readjusting his aviators.

"I'm living here again." she responded with a slight smile.

She was so caught up in running into Bam that she forgot about her other friends. Ryan really hadn't changed that much; only his beard was longer. He still had that same smile that would always make her grin. He was her ray of sunshine in the darkness of the storm.

"When did you move back?"

"Yesterday. My parents are getting a divorce so I'm here taking care of my mom."

Ryan sighed. "Chelle, I know you and Bam had a falling out, but damnit I thought you hated me too. Look I didn't tell him, I swear."

Michelle placed her hands on Ryan's shoulder's. He was several inches taller than her so she had to look up at him.

"I know you didn't tell him anything. It was that bitch Claire. I could've had her fucking ass fired for telling someone a patients business, but at the time that was the least of my worries."

Ryan leaned against Michelle's car. He pulled out a pack of cigarettes and offered Michelle one. Michelle only smoked when she was stressed out and right now she needed on more than ever. She thanked Ryan as she pulled one out of the pack. She stuck it in her mouth sticking it out so Ryan could light it with his lighter. She huffed in the smoke then blew it out. For some reason it began to calm her down. Ryan chuckled then lit his up.

"God, I remember when you first got me smoking back when I was sixteen. My mom hated you for months!" Michelle laughed.

"Yeah, she got over it though once she found out you and Bam were dating." Ryan saw the sadness take hold of Michelle's features. "Fuck, Chelle I'm sorry. I won't bring him up again. So, what brings you to The Note?"

"Applying for a job."

Ryan shifted his weight from one foot to another. He seemed to be a little uncomfortable now. Michelle could sense this.

"What's wrong? Is it not a good place to work at? I knew I shouldn't have listened to Andrea. She said it's a great bar to work at, but our aspects are a little different."

Ryan laughed. "Michelle, it's fine. What did they tell you?"

"Some guy named Seth told me he had to ask his boss who is out of town, but he seemed like without even asking I had the job. I have to come back tomorrow to fill out paper work and such."

Ryan just smiled from ear to ear before inhaling more of his cigarette. "You'll like the owner. He's a great guy! Anyway, it was nice chatting with you. I was actually heading to the shop to get my oil changed."

Michelle glanced over at Ryan's car. Her mouth slightly dropped. He was driving a Porsche 911 Gt3. It was all souped up and looked really bad ass. She just rolled her eyes. Silly boys and their toys. It made her 2010 mustang look like shit.

"If you ever want those ponies to race give me a call!" Ryan chuckled before giving her a hug. "It was really great to see you. You should come by the bar tonight. I'll be there with a few buddies of mine. It'll help you get the feel of the place."

"Thanks, and Ryan I know you're going to tell Bam that I'm here so when you do tell him I'm sorry."

Ryan nodded before getting into his car. He peeled out before driving away. Michelle sighed as she watched her best friend leave. She really did miss living out here, but the memories of the past were just too hard to handle. She has so many regrets about it all. If she could turn back time and change it she would. Michelle finished her cigarette before getting back into her car. She glanced at herself in the mirror and frowned. Her hair was a real mess. She needed a new color to it and a cut. That's when she slightly smiled. She wondered if Ape still worked at the same salon she did back in the day.

Michelle decided to find out. She headed into town passing familiar places until she spotted the little salon. She came to a complete stop in front of the shop. There were only a few cars in the parking lot so they weren't that busy. After grabbing her purse she got out of the car and slowly walked towards the entrance. A small bell chimed indicating to the stylists that they had a costumer.

"I'll be with you in a minute." a familiar voice called. "Please, have a seat."

Michelle saw the familiar figure of April Margera; Bam's mother. She hasn't seen or spoken to Ape ever since she moved to New Jersey. She of course knew what all had happened between her and Bam several years ago so it would be difficult facing her. Michelle felt her heart quicken when Ape finished up with a client. She charged her the fees of a perm then turned to Michelle. Her eyes went wide when she saw her standing there. She covered up her mouth and let a squeal escape it.

"Michelle?! What are you doing here?" Ape asked as she rounded the register. She threw her arms around Michelle pulling her into a large hug.

"I moved back here yesterday."

"I was praying that you would come back! I've missed you so much! Does anyone else know you're here?"

"I ran into Dunn in the parking lot of The Note."

Ape froze. "You went to The Note?"

"Yeah, I'm applying for a job there. My sister said they would probably need the help."

"Did your sister tell you who the owner was?"

Michelle blinked a few times. "No, why is he an ass?"

Ape chuckled as she led Michelle over to her chair. She began to brush out her long brown hair; something that she always loved doing.

"If you want to call him that!" she laughed. "Well, I guess it's better that you don't know who the owner is." Ape smiled. "I have time. You need a trim baby. You're hair is so raggedy looking."

"Yes, and a color! I'm thinking blonde highlights."

Ape smiled. "I'll get right on that."

While Ape was fixing up Michelle's hair she wondered who the owner was. She figured Ape wasn't going to tell her, Ryan didn't seem to want to tell her, so the only other person she had was Andrea. It took about an hour and a half to get her hair all done. When Ape finished she stared at herself in the mirror. She looked like a brand new woman. She thanked Ape with a big hug and asked how much she owed.

"Don't worry about it. Consider it a welcome home present!" Ape smiled. "So, why did you move back?"

"My parents are getting a divorce."

Ape frowned. "I'm sorry Michelle. I saw your mom at bingo about a month ago and she told me they were having problems. I didn't know it escalated to a divorce. Did she get to keep the house?"

"No, we're living in the Saddleback neighborhood. She's bought a cute little three bedroom house that reminds me so much of her style. She said there were too many bad memories in that house so she gave it to my dad."

"How is he holding up?"

Michelle shrugged. "I haven't seen him yet. And I really don't know if I want too."

Ape nodded. "Well babe, you should come by tonight. I'm making my famous spaghetti and meatballs."

"I don't know-"

"Bam's out of town." she replied with a smirk.

"Okay, what time is dinner!" she laughed.

"Be there at seven! Ryan's gonna drop by and I think Dico and a few others."

Michelle nodded. "Good, cause I'm going out with Ryan tonight so we can meet up there before heading to The Note. I'll let you get back to work."

Ape gave Michelle another hug before she left the salon. Michelle felt like a whole new woman. Her hair was styled to perfection and her highlights shined in the sun. It was almost four in the afternoon so she decided to head on home to get ready for the evening. She wondered if Ape would mind if she invited her mom along. She needed to get out of the house and have some fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
This story is now dedicated to the memory of Ryan Dunn! Eva and I will try to please all you fans; now all we have are his memories and our imaginations to write about him. We all love you Ryan and you will forever be in our hearts.