Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 13

Giselle had been on the road with Pierce the Veil for a week and a half. They were in Dallas, Texas at the House of Blues. Giselle was sitting behind the merch table watching Chiodos finish up their sound check. When they finished she started setting up the merch table. She was in the process of laying out the CD’s and when her cell phone rang.

“Hello?” she said answering it without looking.

”You know, I’ve always wanted to visit Dallas.”

Giselle almost dropped the phone when she heard the voice. She hadn’t heard this voice since she was in Denver. Goosebumps covered her skin and she immediately began looking around.

“Dave…why are you calling me?”

”Did you think I was just going to stop coming after you? We have unfinished business.” he said seriously.

“No we don’t Dave. Just…leave me alone…please.” Giselle pleaded quietly.

”Oh what? You want to just forget all about me so you can hook up with one of those guys you’re with? That’s not going to fucking happen Giselle.”

“Dave look, I’m sorry that I left you. But I wasn’t happy and you weren’t getting better. You kept abusing me. I told you I was going to leave,” Giselle said trying to will away her fear.

”I know. But I told you I made a mistake. I was going to get help but you didn’t even give me the chance to fix anything. You just left.” he said loudly.

“That was your second chance. You beat the shit out of me on a daily basis. Why the fuck would I stay with you a third time?” She said with anger.

Giselle was facing the boxes of merch and jumped when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned around and saw Brandon and Danny standing there with worried looks.

”Don’t fucking yell at me, you bitch.”

“Fuck you Dave.” Giselle said before hanging up her phone.

Giselle sighed and ran her fingers through her hair nervously. Danny knew that she had a crazy ex-boyfriend but he wasn’t aware of their history and Brandon didn’t know anything. But by their faces she knew they wanted an explanation.

“Are you okay Gigi?” Brandon said walking closer to her.

Giselle shrugged and looked down at her feet.

“Was it your ex-boyfriend?” Danny said looking down at the girl.

Giselle nodded and crossed her arms.

“What’s wrong with your ex?” Brandon asked throwing his arm over her shoulder.

“You want to know how I really met Vic and the guys?” she said talking to both guys.

They simply nodded and kept their glances on her.

“My ex abused me.”

Giselle watched Brandon’s eyes go wide as Danny’s jaw tightened.

“We had dated for my last two years of college. The first year he was perfect. But then the second year he changed. He started losing his temper a lot. First it would just be really bad arguments but then he started shaking and pushing me. Then slaps and punches came next.”

“Why didn’t you leave him Gigi? No woman deserves to be hit.” Brandon said rubbing her arm comfortingly.

“I was going to. But then he promised he would get help. He signed up for anger management classes and everything. He stopped hitting me for a while but then started up again. When he put me in the hospital for the first time I knew I had to go. So I let myself heal for a few days and when he went to work I packed up my things and left. But my car broke down in Utah.” Giselle said looking at Brandon who wore a look of understanding. “I started walking to find a town and apparently he was following me. He attacked me and Vic and them were driving past when it was happening. They stopped and helped me…told me I could stay with them until the tour got to New Orleans. Then I could go home.”

“So you’re leaving when we get to New Orleans? That’s in three days.” Brandon said sadly.

“Yeah.”

“You should stay until the end of the tour. I’ve gotten used to you being with us. It won’t be any fun without you.” Brandon said as Giselle laughed.

“You’ll have just as much fun on this tour without me Brandon.” Giselle said

“So what did he say on the phone? You looked scared.” Danny said looking at Giselle.

She didn’t want to tell him what Dave had told her. She knew he would tell Vic and everyone would get really serious and protective which would take away their focus on the show.

“Nothing really. I just was shocked he was calling me.” Giselle said looking at Danny.

“Well I have to go. We have an interview to do with Alternative Press. I’ll talk to you later.” Brandon said walking away.

Giselle immediately went back to unpacking the merch.

“You’re lying.”

She looked to her side and saw Danny looking at a serious face.

“What are you talking about?” she said rearranging the CD’s.

Danny grabbed her hands to stop her from what she was doing. Giselle looked away from Danny when she saw the serious look on his face.

“What did he say Giselle?” he asked

“It’s no big deal Danny.” She said trying to remove her hands but he tightened his grip.

“It is a big deal Giselle. He fucking choked you last time. Did you forget that?” Danny said.

Giselle ripped her hands from him and started walking away. “No I didn’t forget. Just leave it alone Danny.”

“I’m not going to leave it alone. What is wrong with you? I’m trying to help you.” Danny said throwing his hands in the air as he followed her through the venue.

“I didn’t ask for your help.” Giselle said.

She knew she sounded mean and she felt bad about it. But she didn’t want to involve anyone anymore than she already had.

“I saw you close to death Giselle. I’m not asking you permission to help. This guy is crazy and dangerous. You can’t walk around acting like you can handle him. You can’t.”

Giselle stayed silent and pushed the door open. She walked outside and tried to walk towards the RV but Danny grabbed her and gently pushed her against the wall. He placed his arms on each side of her and looked down at her.

“Just tell me what he said. I can’t look out for you if you don’t tell me what’s going on. I don’t want you to get hurt again.” He said softly.

“I…I just need to talk to Vic.”

Danny’s face fell when he heard those words. He dropped his arms from the wall and backed up. Giselle knew she had hurt his feelings and tried to reach out for him.

“Danny wait-“

“No I get it. You trust him to help you but you don’t trust me.” He said with a blank face.

“That’s not it Danny. I just…” she said trailing off.

“You like him. I know that Giselle. I don’t care that you like him. I told you I just wanted to be friends but its clear you still don’t believe me. I’m not trying to compete with Vic. I’m just trying to be your friend and friends protect friends. But you’re not letting me.”

“It has nothing to do with you Danny. You have been a good friend.” Giselle said pushing her hands into her pockets.

“Just not as good as Vic.”

Giselle sighed and looked up at Danny’s sad face.

“Danny I don’t want you to be mad at me. I just need more time-”

“No. It’s clear you’re never going to trust me like Vic or Brandon or even Sam. So I should just stop trying. I shouldn’t have to keep trying to prove myself to you. Let’s just not talk anymore. That’s what you wanted to begin with anyway right?” Danny said before walking away.

Giselle watched him walk back into the venue and she leaned back against the wall. She hadn’t meant to hurt Danny’s feelings. It’s just that she was on edge. The phone call had scared her. The fact that Dave knew she was in Dallas made her heart race. The only person that could calm her down was Vic. She felt safe with him. Giselle pushed away from the wall and finished her walk to the RV. When she stepped inside she saw Mike, Stephanie and Tony sitting in the lounge. She noticed Mike look at her with a weird face.

“You okay, Giz?” he said as Stephanie and Tony turned their attention to her.

“Yeah, girl, you look like you’ve seen a ghost.” Stephanie said worriedly.

“Uh- where is Vic? Is he here?” Giselle said playing with her fingers.

“He’s doing vocal warm-ups in the back.” Tony said as they all watched her quickly walk towards the back. As she walked by all the bunks she heard the weird sounds coming from the back lounge. She opened the door and saw Vic sitting on the couch. When he saw her face he immediately stopped singing and removed his headphones before walking over to Giselle.

“What’s wrong G?” he said wrapping his arms around her.

Her face fell in his neck and she let out a shaky breath. She wrapped her arms around his waist and tried to calm her breathing. Vic looked up and saw Mike, Stephanie and Tony standing by the door with worried faces.

“Baby, talk to me.” Vic said rubbing her back comfortingly.

“Dave knows where I am.” She said quietly.

“What?” Vic said shocked. “How do you know?”

“He called me. He said he’s not going to stop coming after me. He’s going to get me Vic. I know it.” Giselle said as tears started to fall from her eyes.

Mike walked up to Giselle and Vic and placed his hand softly on her shoulder.

“Giselle, he won’t get you. We won’t let him. He’s just trying to scare you.” Mike said

“Well it’s working.” She said sniffling.

Vic grabbed her face gently in his hands and looked her in the eyes.

“Baby I won’t let him hurt you. I swear. You remember what I promised you?” he said as she nodded.

“Vic is champ at keeping promises. He’ll kill himself before he breaks one.” Stephanie said with a small smile.

“You can count of me Giselle. I won’t let him touch you.” Vic said seriously.

“Okay.” Giselle said softly before laying her head against his chest again.

“Vic we should probably go find Jaime and tell the rest of the guys about this. We’ll need everyone to keep an eye out for him.” Tony said

“You’re right.” He said letting go of Giselle. As Tony and Mike left the room Vic quickly leaned down and kissed Giselle softly on the lips. She couldn’t help but smile afterwards.

“Everything will be fine.” He said before kissing her cheek and following his brother and friend out of the room.

“Vic really likes you.” Giselle sat down next to Stephanie as she nodded her head.

“I know. I like him a lot too.” She said

“You guys are really cute together too. You’re like the same height and everything.” Stephanie said making Giselle laugh out loud. “There are those dimples.”

“Thanks Steph. I really needed that laugh.” Giselle said looking over at the girl.

“You’re welcome…and don’t stress. I have a can of mase in my purse if we need it. I won’t hesitate to spray his ass.”

Giselle laughed again as Stephanie wrapped her arm around Giselle’s shoulder.

“The guys will take care of everything. Don’t worry. Vic will look after you. I know he will.” Stephanie said

“I hope so Steph.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the long wait.
I had A LOT going on.
I hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. I'm pretty sure yours was better than mine.
I decided to put some more drama in the story.
So read and leave me some comments. :)

\m/