Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 15

Vic looked up from the ground and his heart immediately fell to his stomach. He quickly ran over to Giselle who was laying lifelessly on the ground bleeding heavily from her stomach. Vic didn't notice the police officers running over to Dave's stiff body or the crowd of people looking on. All he saw was Giselle. He noticed the color draining from her face and her shallow breaths. When her eyes began to close her shook her quickly.

"Giselle don't close your eyes. You have to stay awake. Help is coming." Vic said trying not to panic.

Vic could see her trying but she was so weak.

"I'm sorry Vic." she whispered.

"You have nothing to be sorry about baby." Vic said moving her hair away from her face. "Why did you push me out of the way G?"

Vic leaned his forehead against Giselle and listened to her light breathing.

"I…..didn't want you…..to get hurt."

Vic looked up quickly when he heard footsteps running to him. He saw Danny, Mike, Anna, and Brandon falling to the ground surrounding him and Giselle.

"Oh my god. Is she okay?" Anna said ripping off her jacket and putting it over Giselle's wound and pressing down on it.

"AHH!" Giselle yelled out in pain.

"Anna stop!" Vic said quickly.

"Vic she's bleeding a lot. I have to stop the bleeding or she could go unconscious." Anna said still pressing down on Giselle's stomach.

"What the hell happened?" Jaime said loudly.

"Her ex found her. He tried to take her but I stopped him. Then he pulled out a gun." Vic said weakly.

"I heard you scream for help." Danny said as Vic looked at him. "I went to get security and we came out here. They told him to drop the gun but he didn't. So Giselle pushed you out of the way as he pulled the trigger and he shot her. Then the cops shot him. An ambulance should be here any second."

Vic just looked back down at Giselle and whispered in her ear.

"Stay with me baby. You're going to be fine. Just stay awake."

Vic held Giselle in his arms and Anna tried to control the bleeding until the paramedics showed up. Once they did, the group stood around helplessly watching the scene. When the paramedics moved to take Giselle away Vic followed.

"Can I come with her?" Vic asked seriously.

"Sir. We only let-"

"Please. She's my girlfriend. I want to come with her." Vic begged.

"Alright. Come on." the paramedic said.

"We'll meet you at the hospital Vic." Mike yelled before the doors of the ambulance closed.

The entire ride was like a blur to VIc. He watched the paramedics work on Giselle as he held and kissed her hand the entire time. Vic's eyes quickly moved to the monitor across from him when he heard the noise. She was flatlining.

"What's happening?" he said panicking.

"She won't stop bleeding. We need to get her in surgery now." The medic said to the other as they pulled in front of the emergency room. The doors flew open and they pulled Giselle out quickly as Vic followed close behind.

"Hey. Is she going to be okay? You can't let her die." he said yelled following them. A male nurse jumped in front of him and held him back.

"Let me go. I need to be with her." Vic said trying to move around the nurse.

"Sir I can't let you go back there. You have to stay in here. Let the doctors do their job. They'll do everything they can to help her." The nurse said leading Vic to the waiting area. Vic fell into the seat behind him and let his face fall into his hands. Tears fell down his face quickly and he did nothing to stop them. Giselle couldn't die. He didn't know what he would do if she did. He was supposed to protect her and he didn't. He felt like it was his fault Giselle was in here. If he hadn't overreacted about seeing her with Danny she wouldn't have been by herself looking for him and Dave wouldn't have caught her. The more he thought about it the more he cried, and soon sobs overtook his small body. He felt arms wrap around him and pull him close. Through his teary eyes he could see his brother and the rest of his best friends surrounding him.

"Giselle will be okay man. She's strong. She'll make it." Mike said comfortingly to his older brother.

Vic really hoped Mike was right.

~~~~~~~~

Pierce the Veil, Asking Alexandria and Chiodos all sat in the waiting room in the hospital hoping to hear some news on Giselle. They had been waiting for an hour and had heard nothing. Vic hoped that meant things were going well. When doctors immediately came out that was when they had bad news. Vic could feel everyone's eyes on him and it was driving him crazy. He immediately stood up and turned to MIke.

"I'm going for a walk. If the doctor comes, call me." Vic said before walking away. He walked down the hallways until he reached the entrance of the hospital. He walked outside and made his way over to the empty side sidewalk, sitting on the curb. He tried to clear his mind of negative thoughts but it was hard when he thought back to everything that had happened that night. Vic's moment was broken when he felt someone sit next to him. He looked over and saw the last person he wanted to see.

"I know you don't want to talk to me right now but I just want to say this." Danny said looking ahead. "I kissed Giselle. She tried to push me away. Like I told her, I'm really sorry. I don't even know why I did it honestly. It was a stupid decision. I really don't want to come between you two. I see how much you two care about each other. It's kinda crazy considering you've only known each other for two weeks."

Vic just looked at Danny as he sighed and continued talking.

"I feel responsible for what happened tonight. If I hadn't kissed Giselle you wouldn't have stormed off and she wouldn't have went after you alone."

Vic laughed and Danny looked at him confused.

"I said the same thing, except if I hadn't overreacted." Vic said shaking his head.

"Well I'm sorry….and when Giselle gets out of here I'll leave her alone. I promise." Danny said.

"You don't have to do that Danny. Giselle wants to be friends with you. She just doesn't want to date you."

"I realize that." Danny said.

The two boys fell into a silence and then Vic sighed. Danny threw his arm over his shoulder.

"She means a lot to you doesn't she?"

Vic simply nodded and looked over at Danny.

"Giselle's going to be fine. She's a tough girl. I mean, she has bigger balls than me." Danny said making Vic laugh.

"I'm not sure if I wanted to know that." he said with a small smile.

Danny smiled and shrugged. "Let's go back in, yeah? We need to find out what's going on with your girl."

Both boys stood and made their way back into the hospital to where their friends waited. Vic took his seat between Mike and Jaime.

"What did he say to you?" Mike asked curious.

"Nothing really." Vic said shrugging.

"Well are you guys cool or no?" Jaime added.

"We're cool." Vic said simply.

"Are you all here for Giselle Gautier?" a doctor said walking out from the double doors.

Vic immediately stood and walked of to the doctor.

"Yes. How is she?" Vic said.

"Are any of you family?" the doctor asked.

"Giselle is my cousin." Anna spoke up. "And Vic is her boyfriend."

The doctor looked between Anna and Vic and then down at his clipboard.

"Okay. The bullet hit a major artery which caused the heavy bleeding but we were able to stop it. Other than that the bullet didn't hit any major organs. Giselle will be fine." he said with a comforting smile.

"Can we see her?" Vic asked

"She is still very weak. Plus visiting hours are over."

"We won't wake her doc and it'll only take a few minutes." Mike said coming to his brother's side.

"If anything just let Vic and Anna see her." Jaime jumped in. "I mean Giselle is her cousin and his girlfriend."

The doctor looked at the clock and then back at the group.

"Alright. I'll give you ten minutes but then you really have to go." The doctor said motioning for Vic and Anna to follow him.

He lead them to a room and opened the door.

"Ten minutes, okay?" he said as they both nodded.

Vic and Anna walked over to Giselle hesitantly. The girl looked so different. She had a hug bruise on the side of her face as well as a cut on her jaw. Vic assumed it was from when Dave hit her. Giselle was also very pale and looked very weak.

"Oh my god." Anna said softly walking to Giselle's side. Vic walked to the opposite side a gently grabbed her hand. When he did, Giselle's eyes opened slightly.

"Hey Gizmo. How are you feeling?" Anna said moving Giselle's hair away from her face.

"Like shit." Giselle said softly, making Anna and Vic laugh.

"Well I know it sucks that you're in here but Dave was arrested. So he won't mess with you anymore."

"Thank god." Giselle whispered out looking over at Vic.

"Everyone came to see you but the doctor said no. So we'll all be back tomorrow okay?" Anna said.

"Okay." Giselle said as Anna kissed her cheek and smiled at Vic before leaving the room.

Vic and Giselle stared at each other silently before Vic leaned down and kissed her.

"God, I was so scared you weren't going to make it. You scared me." he said looking into her eyes as he held her hand.

"I'm sorry I scared you." she said as she kissed his jaw.

"I don't want to leave you here by yourself." he said caressing her cheek.

"I'll be fine Vic. You can come back tomorrow."

Vic and Giselle looked at the door when they heard a knock. Her doctor walked in and looked at Vic.

"You have to go now son." he said before walking out.

"FYI Anna is your cousin…and I'm your boyfriend. If they bring it up." Vic said looking away.

"I'm your girlfriend huh? I don't remember you asking me." Giselle teased.

Vic smiled and leaned down again kissing Giselle softly on the lips.

"You're too amazing to be my girlfriend." Vic said

"Says the guy who fought my crazy ex-boyfriend for me. I would be lucky to have a boyfriend like you Vic."

"Well maybe one day soon you will." Vic said hinting to Giselle. She simply laughed and pulled his lips to hers again before pulling away.

"I'll see you tomorrow." she said as Vic nodded before kissing her forehead and backing away from the bed. He walked to the door pausing to wave at Giselle before leaving the room. Mike was waiting for him outside of the room.

"Is she okay?" he asked

"Yeah. She's fine." Vic said quietly.

"Don't worry man. We'll be back tomorrow." Mike said throwing his arm around his brother's shoulder and leading him out of the hospital.

Tomorrow couldn't come fast enough.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm done with school for the semester and I couldn't be happier.
That means more updates.
Let me know what you think of this.

\m/