Status: Active

Wonderwall

Chapter 3

When Giselle woke up the next day the RV wasn’t moving. She sat up and moved the blanket away from her. She walked over to the TV stand and grabbed her phone, which had been charging. When she turned it on she had three text messages and four missed calls and voicemails. She saw that two of the text messages were from her best friend Lynn and one from Dave. She immediately deleted Dave’s. She didn’t want to see what it said. She then read both of Lynn’s messages.

I stopped by your place to see you but you weren’t there. Call me.

Giz, Dave is flipping shit. Where are you?

Giselle shook her head and called her friend.

"Where the hell have you been?"

“Sorry I couldn’t call you my phone died.” Giselle said

”I was just worried. You know how I am. Where are you though?” Lynn asked

“Um I’m in Colorado.”

”What?!” she yelled. ”What the hell are you doing in Colorado?”

“I’m going back home to Louisiana.” Giselle said simply

”Why? How come you didn’t tell me?” Lynn said.

Giselle could hear the confusion and sadness in her best friend’s voice and it hurt her bad.

“Lynn, Dave hit me. I had to leave, not just my place but also the state. I had to get away from him.”

”My god Giselle. You could’ve told me that. I would’ve helped you. Lynn said seriously

“I know that. I just…I was embarrassed. I always told myself I wouldn’t be that girl and I became one. I didn’t want to tell anyone. My family doesn’t know either.” Giselle explained.

”I don’t care about that Giz. I would’ve helped you regardless. You’re my best friend and I love you.”

Giselle smiled before speaking, “I love you too, Lynnie.”

”Well you’re not leaving me in Nevada by myself so I’m moving to Louisiana too.” she said

“What?” Giselle said laughing.

”You heard me. I’m moving out there too. My lease for my apartment is up anyway. We can move to the NOLA baby!” Lynn said loudly

“You and New Orleans.” Giselle said laughing

”I love Louisiana. You’re so lucky to have grown up there. But I’m serious, can we find a place in New Orleans?”

“Let me get there and get situated first and I’ll start looking around and I’ll get back to you. There is no point of going out there now if we have no where to stay.”

”This is true. Well when you start looking call me and we’ll talk price and location.”

“Will do.”

”Ok well let me know when you make it home. I love you.” Lynn said

“I will. I love you too.”

Giselle hung up and checked to see who the missed calls were from. All of them were from Dave. She began to delete the voicemails when she hesitated on the last one. Her mind was telling her to delete it but she was curious so she listened.

I really tried to change for you. I did. It’s not my fault. I don’t mean to hit you but I just snap. All you had to do is come back to me and help me get better but you left. You just abandoned me and left me alone. I know you think those boys will keep you safe but they can’t. I’ll find you in Louisiana when you get there. You aren’t getting away from me. You are mine. I wanted you to willingly come back to me but now I have to force you. I meant what I said last night baby. If I can’t have you no one will. No one. I’ll find you and if you tell anyone you will know what real pain feels like. See you soon baby.

Giselle’s heart stopped by the end of the message. She could feel all the color drain from her face and goose bumps cover her skin. She held her phone lightly in her hand and stared at it blankly. Giselle was scared. Dave could be really dangerous if he was mad enough. She didn’t want these guys to get hurt because of her. They didn’t deserve that especially because of how nice they had been to her. She had to leave.

“What’s wrong?”

Giselle looked up and saw Jaime and Vic standing in the door.

“Uh nothing. I uh I just have to go.” She said standing up and grabbing all of her stuff.

Jaime and Vic watched her pace around the room grabbing the few things she had. They could see her shaking and the tears that were threatening to fall from her eyes. They could see she was terrified. They just didn’t know what.

“Wait, just calm down Giselle. What’s wrong?” Jaime said grabbing her gently.

“I have to go. He’s going to find me. I can’t stay here. It’s not safe.” Giselle said breaking out of Jaime grip.

She had made it to the door when Vic grabbed her. He looked into her hazel eyes and saw nothing but fear. It broke his heart.

“Talk to us Giselle. We can help you. Just tell us what’s wrong.” Vic said softly as Giselle broke down in his arms.

Vic wrapped her arms around her and let her cry into his shirt. Sobs were wrecking her body as he looked over to Jaime and saw a broken look on his face. Vic walked backwards towards the couch and sat down pulling Giselle into his lap. Jaime sat next to them as he watched Vic rub Giselle’s back soothingly. A few minutes passed and Giselle’s cries quieted and a few tears fell from her eyes.

“Sorry about your shirt.” Giselle said wiping tears away from her eyes.

Vic chuckled and she looked up at him confused.

“It’s just a shirt Giselle. No big deal.” He said with a smile.

She just nodded as she moved herself from his lap and sat in between both guys.

“So what’s wrong?” Jaime asked

“I uh I guess last night just hit me.” Giselle said looking down.

“Ok. So you want another chance to tell us what’s really wrong?”

Giselle looked over at Jaime and shook her head at how dead on he was.

“My ex left me a message, actually a few messages. His last one was pretty bad.” Giselle explained

“How bad?” Vic asked

Giselle went to the message and played it on speaker. She watched as Vic and Jaime faces go from sympathetic to shocked to angry.

“How can he say that? How could he want to hurt you like that and act like it’s not a big deal?” Jaime said angrily

Giselle simply shrugged playing with her hands.

“Giselle,”

She looked over at Vic as he grabbed her hand.

“Don’t listen to that message, okay?” he said

“Vic, you don’t know Dave. He…he has ways of finding out things. I don’t want to drag you guys into anything…” Giselle said trailing off

“You aren’t dragging us into anything. We won’t let anything happen to you if you stay with us. I promise.” Vic said seriously

Giselle looked at Vic hesitantly. Jaime rested his hand on her shoulder.

“Seriously Giselle. We’ll look out for you. We won’t let anyone hurt you. You trust us?” Jaime asked

Giselle looked at the two guys on each side of her and couldn’t help but trust them. They stopped to help her, gave her clothes, food, and a play to stay. She had no reason not to trust them.

“I trust you.” She said simply

“Alright then. Everything will be fine.” Vic said standing up

“Now let’s go get food.” Jaime said pulling her from the couch.

Giselle smiled on the outside but on the inside she was terrified. She hoped that things would be okay. She didn’t know what she would do if they weren’t.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here it is.
Tell me what you think.

\m/