Drop Dead.

Damn.

I stand before the door to the classroom. It’s shut and shielding me from view so I really could just stand here and never go in. They wouldn’t know but at the same time, if Mimi and Ken find out I skipped would they be mad? I bite my lip and inhale deeply.

My hand grasps the door knob and I push the door open. Time seems to slow down as the door creaks open. For a moment, I swear, the room is pitch black and ready to suck me in but once I blink that vision away I realize that I was just seeing things. Inside there has to be at least 30 kids or more. The teacher stands at the head of the room, facing me with a curious gaze.

He grins and asks, “Can I help you?”

Adjusting the strap of my book bag, I step into the room and suddenly it erupts with whispers. I keep my eyes off the giggling girls who are already turning heads and pointing at me like I’m some type of object. The guys are scoffing and already analyzing me, trying to find ways to break me down because that’s the only way to make themselves feel better and the teacher…I bet he’s already assuming that I’m going to be nothing but trouble.

People judge others by looks. It’s sick but true.

The teacher takes the slip from my fingers, eyes scan it over quickly and just before he can speak I say, “Jinx. Call me Jinx.”

“Jinx?” He asks and looks towards the paper claiming that I’m new and all that junk. I didn’t exactly read it. I just know that my true name is on there and I hate it. “I guess that’s all right.”

After a few minutes of the teacher, Mr. Harlot, giving me my things and explaining what we’re doing he finally introduces me. “Everyone this is Jinx. He’s new so please help him around the school and treat him nicely.”

As expected the boys scoff and laugh in a way that says no way in hell while the girls wave over-dramatically, trying to catch my attention. Rolling my eyes, I move to the empty seat near the back closest to the windows. After setting my things down, I take a seat and listen to what Mr. Harlot has to say.

Everyone around me is turning towards me, glancing over their shoulders, whispering to one another and to be honest, it’s quite strange. It’s not like I’m that attractive. Actually, with my black hair and brown eyes, I’m pretty plain and average. At least, that’s what I think but apparently the girls believe otherwise because when the bell rings a few come at me.

I stand completely still when one wraps her arm around my own. Batting her eyelashes, she looks up at me with glossy eyes and says, “Hey sweetie, I’m Jenna. Do you need some help around? I can show you to your next class.”

Tearing my arm from her grip is my answer. I really don’t want to talk to her or anyone so I just walk out of the room, not caring about how she’s shouting at me for being rude. Personally, I should be the one complaining about how she’s a slut but unlike her I actually know how to keep my mouth shut.

There’s so many people, all pushing and shoving to get to class. None seem to care about anyone around them and just keep walking. There’s some kids at the end of the hall all crowded around some geek. He’s shaking and he looks towards anyone and everyone with pleading eyes for help. If I actually gave a damn about people I might have helped. Too bad for him I don’t.

There are girls strutting down the hall in their short skirts and v-cut shirts. I admire them for a moment before shaking my head. They’re sluts but I guess I shouldn’t complain, it’s a nice view. As I move through the halls trying to get to my next class I realize how much it has changed.

I haven’t been to school in 5 years. I never even made it to middle school. The last grade I was in was 7th and it wasn’t nearly as crazy as this. The school I went to was fairly small, actually it was microscopic compared to here. All the kids, it’s starting to make me feel claustrophobic and the way they just seem to not care about anyone or anything…it’s already driving me nuts.

Maybe coming here wasn’t such a great idea. The streets suddenly feel so much safer than this hell.

Turning a corner, my body collides with another. The ground is hard and I groan on impact. Somewhere above me someone is shouting angrily and before I have time to even comprehend what’s happening I’m being picked up off the ground.

After managing to open my eyes I see about five guys surrounding me. Suddenly I know exactly how that geek felt…ok maybe I didn’t because unlike him I’m not a pansy. I know I can get out of this mess just fine. These pricks are just a bunch of posers.

The boy I ran into dusts his shirt off like the pretty boy that he is before growling at me, “Hey faggot, watch where the fuck you’re walkin’.”

“What’s the matter pretty boy? Mad that I got your shirt dirty?”

Whoever the hell this guy is takes a step forward. His dark brown eyes glare angrily down at me through his dirty blonde hair. Reaching out to grab my shirt, he snarls and lifts me upwards. My toes just barely touch the ground.

“What did you just say?” He spits at me. “You’re asking to get your ass kicked.”

“By who?” I chuckle. “You?”

The blonde suddenly shoves me. Before I have time to regain my balance he’s throwing a punch at me, getting me right in the gut. The punch is harder than I expected and I cough up air. Growling, I grab his wrist and twist. He shouts as I use the hold on him to bring him towards me so I can shove my knee into his stomach.

While he’s down there, I grab his head and ram my knee into his nose. There’s a loud crack and I toss him to the ground, jumping on top of him to bury my fist in his face. His friends suddenly have a hold of me and begin to jump me and that’s when the security guards decide to show themselves.

“Break it up!” One shouts, separating me from the blonde’s goons.

“You two,” he gestures to the blonde and I. “Follow us.”

The blonde is grumbling while holding onto his nose, which is bleeding. He looks at me and I smirk. The look of pure anger on his face only makes my smirk larger. But as we’re heading towards the office I realize something…Ken and Mimi.

What will they say about me getting into a fight on the first day of school? I bite my lip and regret what I had just done. What if…they don’t want me or Gel anymore? What if I just fucked everything up?

Damn it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh, Jinx got into a fight =O
What now?

Comment&Subscribe?