Drop Dead.

Dad.

And Sunday arrived much quicker than expected. Nothing very important happened over the weekend. Thomas took the two of us out to eat and we barely spoke. He tried to strike conversation and I tried to speak with him but it was hard, incredibly hard. It was obvious that neither of us felt very comfortable around each other and the tension only grew as the weekend drove on.

Finally, I arrived home. Ken hurried outside to greet me and I sighed in relief when I felt his arms wrap around me in a hug. Mimi smothered me next and I could hear Ken speaking with Thomas.

“Listen, I know you’re his father but…Jinx is part of our family now. You put him through too much and there’s no way in hell I’m letting you get custody of him.”

I’m shocked to hear what Ken said but I feel my lips twitching upwards to form a smile. Hearing him say that, shit, it feels really good. Sure, Thomas didn’t do anything to me yet but I feel so insecure and scared around him. Thomas seems shocked to hear Ken as well but he sighs as if he expected him to say that.

“I understand,” he mumbles more to himself than Ken. “I see that he’s very happy here…but I still expect to see him every now and again.”

Ken glances back at me for some type of agreement. Nodding, I agree to it because I feel like it won’t be too bad to see Thomas occasionally, as long as he doesn’t do anything. After saying good-bye, Thomas leaves and I head back inside with Mimi and Ken. When we’re inside, I wrap my arms around Ken in a hug.

“T-Thanks,” I whisper into his chest, hugging him tightly. “Thanks for everything…dad…”

Ken stiffens at the word but he throws his arms around me, holding me tightly. “It’s nice to hear you call me that.”

There’s a soft sniffling coming from somewhere near by. Ken Dad and I look over at Mimi, who is sniffling. When she has our attention, she runs at us, throwing her arms around me as she cries, “It’s so cute! Does…does that make me mom?”

I nod. “Yeah…you’re mom…unless you want to be dad?”

Mimi laughs and kisses my cheek just like a mother would. It’s messy and makes me grimace but I find myself laughing once she pulls away. Mimi Mom announces that she’s going to make dinner and disappears into the kitchen. Dad follows her after ruffling my hair affectionately.

Gel grins from where she’s standing at the stairs. Smiling, I open my arms, signaling for her to jump into them. She does and giggles as I swing her around. I hold her and smile as she says, “I’m glad you’re as happy as I am, Jinx. I like it when you’re happy.”

“How couldn’t I be happy?” I whisper into her hair. “This is…a dream come true for us.”

Gel nods in agreement. So wrapped up in our hugging, neither of us notice the boy entering the house. Neither of us have time to prepare ourselves for his arms to wrap around us and squeeze. Gel laughs as I cough, not expecting the sudden pressure against my ribcage. After he lets go, I turn, ready to yell but a pair of lips cut me off.

With wide eyes, I stare at Laker, whose eyes are closed. A pair of arms wrap around my waist and I feel a tongue running over mine, trying to coax it into play. Moaning, I allow myself to melt into his chest, finally participating in the kiss. Our tongues dance together until our lungs burn and after a while, we pull apart. Gel is already gone, probably to go bother mom and dad and give Laker and I some “alone” time.

Humming, Laker places a kiss to my temple. “I’m glad you’re all right.”

“Things were awkward,” I sigh, pulling away from Laker because I can only handle so much of this loveyness. “But…things went much better than expected. Dad told him off.”

“Dad?” Laker tilts his head to the side curiously, unsure if I was speaking about Ken or Thomas.

“Ken,” I chuckle. “I just…thought it’d be appropriate to call him dad…since y’know…” I shrug, not entirely sure how to word what I meant. Laker smiles.

“You really are getting good at letting people in, finally.” Laker laughs. “I’m glad.”

I scoff. “I’m not. I’m going soft.”

Laker wiggles his eyebrows. “Nothing wrong with soft.”

I elbow him in the gut before stomping off to my room. Laker, once he recovers, follows me and laughs. The two of us sit on my bed, him playing video games with me sitting silently beside him. Sighing, I fall back onto the bed and listen to the sounds of Laker’s curses and the video game.

“You know…we were supposed to go on a date,” Laker mumbles more to himself than me. When I hear the word date I stiffen. Shit…I forgot about that. “You think we can go tomorrow?”

I hum to myself, mulling the idea over in my head. I did already agree to it and I really do want to go but at the same time I don’t. Dates are so…couple like. Laker and I are a couple though so it’s only natural to go on a date, right? I bite my lip. “Um…o-ok.”

Laker suddenly appears over top of me with a grin. My cheeks heat up at the close proximity of our lips. Laker, however, seems unaffected. “Awesome!” The boy laughs and places a rough kiss to my lips. His hands grasp my hips, the feel of his fingers burns my skin. When he pulls away, I’m in a daze. “This time, nothing will interrupt us.”
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is going to have like...three more chapters
Sorry I've been updating slow and each update is just getting worse but I am finishing this

Comment&Subscribe?