Status: NEW; Maybe

The Vampire and the Violinist

Music is what makes us feel alive sometimes. In fact, very alive. When youre sad, when youre angry, or when youre depressed, sometimes music can calm your emotions and sometimes it can make your emotions worse. Either way, music helps you. It helps you to learn to live. It may make you angrier or even more depressed, but at least you feel alive. Why, music even helps those who are immortal to keep living too To feel as alive as they can.

No matter how much sadness or misery a vampire goes through, they cannot put themselves out of the pain. In other words, they cannot die so easily. They are cursed to live forever. These vampires can only live during the night because by morning, they automatically disappear into the thin air. They cant even walk out into the sun and let themselves die that way.

Of course, they can be killed by silver or holy water etc. but this herd of vampires lives in the middle of an enchanted forest in a place where there isnt civilization for several miles.
Sadly, they can never leave the forest because once they arrived there; a barrier was set surrounding the many miles of land by a human priest.

Long ago, groups of traveling musicians (all vampires) were heading to a city called Medina City in a land called Marselle. It was known as the biggest country that had cotton farms. Its supposed to be a beautiful place to visit, especially in the summer. said most people who traveled there to visit around there at the time.

That summer, this very group of vampires was a famous, traveling symphony that all the humans loved. The vampires started the year off performing in a small theater for rich humans, but later, they werent known to just the rich, but to everyone in their world. They were suggested to play for the world and anyone who wanted to hear them. The vampires could not refuse this offer since they were offered quite a fortune, especially the leader of the symphony who was also the owner of the theater, the music writer, and the lead violinist.
Yes the vampire was quite an artist. He wrote some of the most beautiful music on earth and could play almost every instrument you could think of. Humans back in that time thought of him as a god. The god of music.

He was known as Kane Apollo. He was the most famous man in the world for his time. His music and his musicians were the greatest thing that humans had ever heard in a long time.

His work was so great that no other musician could ever question him Wellafter a while, the humans finally realized that Kane and his traveling symphony werent normal. Their music was phenomenal and it sounded greatbut people began to question why these people only performed after dark, and people who had gotten to meet Kane and his orchestra up close said that they all looked extremely pale and after shaking hands with them, people realized that there skin was icy cold.

Of course vampires were just a myth back then. Kane and his vampires never told the humans about there immortal secret. They never could, or they'd be killed.

I know it was mentioned that these vampires hated life and wanted to die but that was after all this. This was Kanes 21st year. He wasnt born a vampire but well go into detail laterKale and the rest of his vampire men and women didnt realize theyd all be immortal at the time. All they knew was that they were different and couldnt tell anyone.

He thought hed live a normal life but as time went on as well as his work, people began to wonder why he and his symphony werent getting old as well. As the humans got older, people began speaking out about Kane and his symphony.

Everyone was talking about them behind their backs but they didnt know since they couldnt live during the day and find out what was going on.

Well, one night as they traveled across the country of Marselle to find Medina City, they had to travel through what-humans-thought was an enchanted forest to get there first. The vampires werent frightened one bit. What couldve possibly lived in this forest to make people fear it so much? They didnt know, or really care since they were powerful, they had horses, and they had weapons (if they were caught with proof of being a vampire, they had to be ready) so they headed through it.

At first, they were disappointed that the forest was so dark and huge. It easily went on for miles, and miles, and miles. They had never seen so much green before. They all feared that they wouldnt perform that night since the size of the forest was a huge shock.
Another shock was that since it was called an enchanted forest, some things made them want to believe that it really was. There was no proof, but the sounds around them and the extreme darkness worried them. Also, they thought that the forest was enchanted due to the unnatural size of the forest. The trees never seemed to end and the long journey began to make all of the vampires exhausted. A vampire! Can you believe it? They were tired and they were supposed to have endless energy. Something wasnt right. Why were these creatures having a hard time passing through a forest?

It took them about four nights in all to reach the end of the forest, but when they got toward the end, they could see a village in the distance. They were getting closer to Medina City and they were very sure theyd make it by midnight. Wellas they came to the endwell not the end more like about 20 feet from the end, a mob of angry looking human men were waiting for them? They had no idea what was going on.

Kane stepped forward and asked one of the men what was going on and the man said, S-sorry but we cannot let you pass. Its for your own good and ours. The King has ordered us to kill you, but decided that would anger you and kill us, so he decided to trap you in this forest for eternity. Im sorry but youll have to play your music here for the rest of your days. Kane looked at him like what the hell did he mean?!

What are you Kane tried to say but the man cut him off, You are all charged of killing 73 humans in the last week. People are reporting that your victims have been drained of all their blood and on the neck. You people are vampires arent you? So what if we are? Were not killers! Kane spoke out. We cant have you roaming our streets at night and killing our children in their sleep. We must have you all put away for the safety of all humans. The man started angering Kane. Hed never kill a human child. A child of any species was too precious to murder. Any creature besides a dinosaur would know that. In fact, Kane and his band werent murderous to begin with.

They were vampires, and they needed blood. If they didnt have it, theyd die. It was simple as that.

So then what do you weak humans plan to do to us? Tie us to a tree? How else do you plan to keep us locked up in this forest? Kane asked. We got a special punishment for you dont worry. The man said giving an evil smirk. Kane didnt punch him only because he didnt want the humans to think vampires were harmful in any way.

Whats the punishment then? he balled his fists. Then with a simple hand gesture from the man, another man stepped out from behind him. He looked like amonk? (he was probably one of those voodoo people). He stepped in front of Kane and his men and held out a staff looking to the sky. He said a few words in gibberish and then all of a sudden, everyone looked up to the sky to see what was happening.

As everyone watched, they saw a light coming from nowhere and then it stretched over the entire wood like a dome almost. The light was so bright, but not as bright as the sun, luckily so the vampires wouldnt disappear again.

Suddenly the monk closed his eyes and lowered his staff. I put a curse on you. That is your punishment. He turned his back to Kane and attempted to follow his human mob out of the forest, but right before he took his first step out of it, Kane grabbed him by his robe. What did you do? He lifted him up off the ground and looked up at him with hate and his red eyes glowed fiery red. The monk feared Kane when he looked into his eyes. Kane had an evil smirk on his face when he saw the monks face. The man was terribly frightened of his fangs. You will know in time. He said. Do I have to kill you? Kane threatened even though he wouldnt do such a thing.

Go ahead. Kill me if you want. Its not going to make you feel better. For years and years you wont care about me, in fact youll forget me... You will only care about escaping this forest and you may try to kill yourself before doing so The choice will be yours but no matter what you do, you will always breath and you will always be stuck here unless someone can come to save you and your people Kane didnt get what he was saying but he what he did hear made him really want to kill this guy. What do you mean?!

He was choking him too much to where he couldnt speak so he had to put the monk back on his feet, he didnt let go of him though. About 10 generations from now, there will be a chance of you escaping here. May she have brown hair, and green eyes, and fair skin What the f*** are you talking about?!?!? Kane was getting frustrated. Im giving you a chance to leave this place someday, but I assure you, it wont be any time soon. Only when people forget about you and your music then will I allow you back into this world! What? Kane, I dont find vampires that frightening and I do not fear your kind at all. I actually want to help you. I realize that us humans are trapping you like animals and you dont like that. I dont think thats fair personally, but the king gave orders. When the kings 10th generation is born, any young woman related to or friend to the royal family can come and save you and your friends. She will most likely have brown hair and green eyes. He said. How do we get this girl to come to us if we are trapped out here!

This forest is enchanted is it not? Keep playing your music. Thats all I will say. Keep playing, and one day, shell come. Kane looked at the monk oddly again. Who are you? I originated from here. All of my powers come from here. But I must leave now. I dont plan for you to kill me here. Not in this forest. The man began to walk away. I should kill you for doing this to me and my people. Kane began, But youre our only hope of getting us out of here at the same time.

And then after saying that, Kane let the monk go. He stepped through his barrier that he made and then it suddenly disappeared like it wasnt even there. Kane ran for it thinking the barrier had failed and ran right into it. When he ran into it, it lit up and the light from it shined brighter than ever. When he backed away, the barrier went away, then he tried punching through it, but again, the barrier lit up and kept his fist from leaving the forest, and again the barrier disappeared as he pulled his fist away from it.

He punched it again and again but couldnt get through. Suddenly, his band members joined into help him, but they couldnt through the barrier. Were they going to die in there? But then again, why would the monk talk about their future? And how would they all eventually become 500 to 10,000 years old? He mentioned them being freed in the next 10 generations when everyone had forgotten about Kane and his orchestra. But they couldnt live that long could they?