Status: NTBC Never To Be Completed.

Chasing Sky Thieves

Situation

A lone Sky Thief sat on a long stretch of rooftop, staring at the horizon, wondering quietly to himself. Cars below were silent, the low hum barely audible. It was annoying him. Barely anything had happened in the day, no missions, no information; even the police had been keeping quiet. It was boring, no action at all.
“Jack, you around here?” called a voice, making him slowly turn.
“Over here Ally. By the water roof,” he called back, seeing the dark haired boy appear from the edge of the rooftops.
Climbing up onto the rooftop, the young boy, who clearly looked younger then Jack strode across the tinned roof, barely making a sound. His appearance, though young, gave off the impression he knew what he was doing. Short, stocked hair, a dark blue tint in his fringe made him more rebellious. But with a decent frame to his body, Ally looked more athletic than adventurous, but that was just him. He sat beside Jack, who seemed disappointed for a bare second.
The silence between them dragged on, making it more awkward until Ally shifted forward, head hanging down and his palms keeping it held up. The way he moved told Jack clearly, something had happened that kept everyone quiet most of the day. Sighing, Jack leaned back, hands graving along the hot tin.
“We lost two more today.”
“Which district?”
“Darling Harbour, you know how that place is? Usually quiet, hardly any cases reported, but now, I don’t know,” Ally said, glancing at his friend, wondering what appeared in his mind.
Jack looked out to the water, the sun glinting off it, glaring at him brightly. It sparkled on his blonde hair, which was bright enough already in dull light, it almost seemed to shimmer. Closing his eyes for a moment, he tried to relax, but his breathing was heavier than earlier. Ally could see his chest rise and fall fast, making him nervous.
“Who were the two, Ally? Please don’t tell me she was involved,” he whispered angrily, fists clenched.
Ally stayed silent and Jack sighed with relief.
“I don’t know who they were. Veterans experienced Thieves, but to be taken that easily, in a district with hardly any reports. It isn’t right, something’s not right. The police were basically silent all day, it just doesn’t work out,” Ally’s voice was hitched, he knew one of them, Jack could tell he was crying.
Jack was about to say something when he instantly turned around, blinking rapidly. He’d heard something, and he hadn’t imagined it. Ally barely noticed his actions until the sound became louder and he jerked his head up. Trying to comprehend what it was, they were suddenly spotted in a pool of light, from a helicopter overhead. Both the boys leapt to their feet and quickly raced over the rooftops, the light following them from behind.
“You two, stop in the name of the Sydney Union Police force!” someone above yelled over a loud speaker.
“SUP, jeez, lame name much. Who comes up with them? I need to assassinate them for being so lame,” Ally scoffed, “I’ll meet you there. Stay out of the lights Jack!”
Jack smirked and leapt down off the roofs, skidding across the concrete, mark less and uninjured. Looking up, he glanced out of the shadows, watching carefully, cowering back when the blades of the helicopter were close. The sound was deafening, but it soon passed over. Stepping back out, eyes darting in and out of the shadows, Jack stepped out when he heard a trash can stumble and crash. Stopping, he turned, fighting stance ready when a young kid leapt from the shadows and bowled Jack over.
Shaking his head, trying his best to clear it, he staggered and groaned in pain. Lying beside him, a young girl was almost lifeless, barely moving. Her hair, a bronze colour brown splayed on the cold concrete. Startled, Jack quickly went to her side, holding her up.
“Lee, Lee! Are you alright! LEE!?” he yelled, but not as loud so he was heard.
She moved slightly and he flinched, before she leapt up and wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him down. Depriving him of air, he tried to pry her off but it wasn’t working. Whining softly, she let go and smiled.
“Hey Jack, I heard you were out here so I came to see. But then the police started to arrive because of the raid, so I ran and now I found you!” she said, swaying from side to side.
Panting, either from shock or anger, Jack suddenly picked her up and put her onto his back. She held on tight, making sure to watch out behind them. The sirens wailed nearby and Jack was careful not to be seen. They had dodged enough police for the day, but something was making Lee fidget.
“Careful Jack, the police have new things with them. They call them detectors I think. They tested it on someone that looks like a Sky Thief and it attacked them. Poor Sky Thief,” she whispered and Jack quickly turned.
Stopping in another area, void of light, he looked back and simply made note of the area. Lee shifted awkwardly and dug her nose into his back and he ran off again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I could have done this chapter better but originally, it wasn't supposed to be a chapter, hence the sloppiness. I just hope it hasn't ruined the over all effect of it.