‹ Prequel: Break Down These Walls
Sequel: Now and Forever.
Status: finished : )

Safe Ride Home

Then we can take a stand

My hands were trembling as I fiddled with the cord to my earphones. I was beyond nervous at this point. Breathing was getting harder and harder to do as I pictured Alex’s face in my mind. We were in the same state now.

Home, sweet Maryland.

The thought made me smile a little. It felt so good to be back here. Even though Texas had been my home for so long, it wasn’t really home anymore. Home was where my heart was, and my heart was with a coffee color haired boy only a few hours away now.

My heart fluttered around in my chest as I imagined our reunion. I couldn’t wait to see his warm, chocolate brown eyes again or feel his comforting arms around me. God, it all just made me want him more.

I didn’t even care about having time apart anymore. My heart still ached when I thought about the things he’d kept from me, but I couldn’t be without him anymore. My faith and trust in him would rekindle and we would be okay. I just needed him now.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I quickly fumbled to pull it out. I opened it and found a new text from Jack. He was the only one who knew I was here, well, except for his girlfriend who was taking some time off to spend with him.

Jack told me they were waiting outside by the curb in their car. I grinned wide and told him I was on my way before shoving my phone back into my pocket. I strode across the airport with a bounce in my step. I was so close. I chewed on my bottom lip as I listened to my iPod for some distraction from my insides squirming.


“I thought with a month of apart together would find us an opening and moonlight would provide the spark and that I would stumble across the key or break down the door to your heart. Forever could see us not you and me and you’d help me out of the dark and I’d give my heart as an offering.”


A giggle escaped through my lips as I stepped through the sliding glass doors. The air was crisp and cold, making me cling to my thin jacket. I spotted Jack’s familiar dark blue Trailblazer. I skipped to it and threw myself into the backseat, ripping out my earphones.

“Holy shit, Dell! I missed you so much. Audree says hi and she wishes she could be here for this, but she sends her love anyway. Oh, and luck. I’m so excited! I can’t wait to see his face. It’s going to be so priceless.”

Jack placed his hand on Ember’s thigh and she immediately calmed down. It was strange to watch Jack actually calm someone else down. He glanced over his shoulder and smiled at me.

“So, what’s the plan, Delly?”

I smirked. “Well, I’m going to need a guitar.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Adele. there's only one more chapter : ( I don't want to see this go. what are you guys thinking? *gasp* what if Alex has a new girlfriend? *cringe* comment?
xooxEmber

inspiration