Status: Updates once a week.

See No Evil

SSA Hotchner, emphasis on the ‘Hot’.

September 20, 2010 7:17 AM

I have been working at the FBI for ten years, before that I worked in New York as a parole officer. My mom would’ve have loved it. She always knew that my dream was to become a cop or something in that department since I was a kid and she always yelled at me for it. She didn’t understand why I would put my life on the line for total strangers. She didn’t hate law enforcement, she just never understood why someone would do it. I’m not even sure that I understand half the time.

I’ve seen so many friends die for this job, die protecting other people. They died without really experiencing love, died without really living. That’s why I’m happy with my kid and the life I had before I decided to go to the academy. I’m not saying that I would be okay with dying, I have Amelia to look after, but if I did I wouldn’t regret becoming what I am today. I don’t think I could ever regret becoming a FBI agent.

I walked into the FBI building ten minutes before I was supposed to. It was one of those rare occasions that I was here on time. Craig, the unit chief, is going to be so proud of me. I smiled to myself softly as I walked into the elevator pushing the button for my floor, leaning back on the railing. I took a sip of the coffee I had gotten from home as the doors opened back up revealing a hall. I walked down the hall adorned with platters and windows at a leisurely place. I knew that everyone was going to make some sort of deal when I walked in early.

I grabbed the silver handle to the oversized glass doors, sighing. I pushed the heavy doors open heading straight for my desk, the rest of my team already there looking half awake and half asleep. The smile I had earlier slowly crept back onto my face as I looked around, placing my coffee on my desk in the bullpen. I sat down at my desk taking off the messenger bag from around my shoulders, tossing it on my desk making a loud thunk noise. Everybody’s eyes shut open, glaring at me as I started to laugh loudly.

“I don’t like you right now.” Parker growled, his hands holding onto his head tightly. His fingers threading into his dirty blond hair, his blue eyes blood shot.

I shook my head, placing my bag under my desk next to my feet. “Someone shouldn’t have partied so hard last night?”

Parker Grison was the youngest member of our team, also being the newest member of our team, only being here for three years. Parker acted more like a child then my daughter did and partied more then a frat boy. His constant hangovers every Monday morning made him an easy target for Craig when things weren’t going the way he wanted to that day. This also made me feel a little bad for him, taking him under my wings treating him like that baby boy that I didn’t have.

“It’s not her fault that you think that you’re still in college playboy.” Gabriel Horner stood up from behind his desk walking to the break room, a cup in his hand already. Gabe had a personality that took time to get used to but once you did you loved him for every fault he had. He was a in your face type of guy who didn’t care what you ranked, if he didn’t like you, you’d know. He gave no one respect unless it was earned. He joined the team around five years ago, almost getting kicked off them team on our first case.

“Kick his ass Alloway!” Sam Shore barked loudly. I shook my head, unlocking the top drawer in my desk getting out some files to work on while as we waited for Craig. Sam had an air around him, just standing next to him made you want to laugh. His blue eyes always twinkled with a mischievous glint telling you he was always planning something.

I stared at the paper in front of me reading it over and over again, my mind coming up with nothing to write in my report. I sighed loudly turning my computer on before leaning back in my chair, closing my eyes. The family sound floated in my ears telling me that the computer had turned on. I sat back up typing in my password, the screen turning on. It had only been five minutes since I last checked the time. I glared at the screen willing the time to change.

“I don’t think it’s gonna work.” Justin laughed from my left. I turned my head and started to glare at him instead, willing him to poof from existence. “I don’t think it’s going to work on me either.”

“I wish.” I sighed turning back to my computer. I have known Justin Grady since college. We lost contact after graduating but we resumed our relationship when we met up at the academy. We laughed and joked around for a while that we both decided to join the academy when we did. Justin and mine’s relationship never went beyond the point of friendship, not without him trying to take it farther on occasion of course.

I lifted my coffee cup to my lips, swallowing the coffee in a big swig. I sat it back down before standing up, pushing my chair in as I started back out the unit.

“Where are you going?” Justin called after me.

“To go see Spencer.” I answered as the glass door shut behind me.

Dr. Spencer Reid worked for the BAU here. A couple years ago we ran into each other at a seminar and we it off. Well, more like I stalked him for the day until he actually talked to me. I had spent most of the day trying to strike up a conversation and he would fluster up, it was adorable. But at some point he got comfortable enough to talk to me. It all really started when I saw he was reading a book that I like.

Since then we’ve met up after cases, met each other on the weekends and I stalked him on his cell phone, frequently. I don’t think it ever actually bothered him, it didn’t seem like he did. I figured he liked having someone outside of his unit to talk too, like I did.

I walked through the Behavioral Analysis Unit, straight to Spencer’s desk sitting on the edge. “Hey, baby.” I winked, raising my voice an octave.

“Hi, Lauren.” He said, his eyes glued onto his paperwork.

“How was your weekend?” I asked moving more onto his desk trying to get him to look at me.

“It was okay.” He finally looked up at me, a smile on his face. “Yours?”

“It was good. I spent a lot of time with Amelia and I cooked breakfast this morning.” I smiled.

“And she’s still alive?” Penelope asked from behind me.

“I wish everyone would stop dissing my cooking. It isn’t that bad.” I mumbled crossing my hands over my chest.

“You burnt water.” Spencer said flatly.

“Anyone could do it.” I shrugged.

“Morning Alloway.” A gravely voice came from behind me making me jump off Spencer’s desk, turning around.

“I was just about to head up. “ I said grabbing my coffee I had placed on Spencer’s desk.

“No, you’re actually where you’re supposed to be.” He smiled. “For once.” Spencer and Penelope laughed a little from behind me.

“I was on time today.” I defended myself looking at the three of them. “I just didn’t feel like waiting for you anymore. Being on time is boring. But back to me being at the right place . . .” I trailed off waiting for him to fill in the blanks.

“We’re helping the BAU on a case.” I nodded in understanding. “The rest of the team is heading down right now.”

“What are we helping them with?” I asked sitting back down on Spencer’s desk, my coffee in my hands.

“You’ll get briefed when everybody else does.”

“That’s not fair.” I whined as Craig walked away from me before the team walked into the unit. I waited until Justin walked over to me before slapping him, making him flinch.

“What was that for?” He whined rubbing his arm.

“For flirting with me on the phone.” I scowled.

“Grady, what did I tell you about flirting with Aloway?” Craig asked tearing his attention away from the Unit Chief of the BAU.

“Yeah, what did he tell you Grady?” I asked sticking my tongue out. Whenever I got around Justin the most immature side of me came out.

“Not to.” Justin sighed.

“Yeah, Grady, not to.” I smiled.

“I know I’m not supposed to hit her either, but can we at least tape her mouth shut?” He asked glaring at me.

“I will separate you two.” He scolded before turning back to the man.

“Yes dad.” We mumbled in unison.

“See what you did?” I slapped him again.

“Alloway, Grady.” Craig hollered.

“Oh look everyone is here.” I said quickly. “Team meeting!” I grabbed Justin’s hand, heading up the ramp.

“Is there a reason you didn’t smack me earlier when Larder wasn’t around?” Justin hissed in my ear.

“Yeah,” I smiled looking at him, “I wanted you to get in trouble for it.”

______________________________________________

August 20, 2010 7:55 AM

The two teams sat together at the round table, divided. Spencer was on my right and Parker was on my left all but laying in my lap. He had a hangover from hell but I couldn’t bring myself to feel sorry for him. I ran my fingers through his hair, I said I couldn’t feel sorry, not that I couldn’t care, as Craig and the man with no name stood up in front of us.

“This is Craig Larder’s team, they specialize in going undercover which I think we have all agreed we need. I’ll let you introduce your team first Larder.”

“First off team,” he said looking at our team, “I’m sorry. I know we were supposed to start late.” Parker mumbled something as Craig’s eyes locked with mine. I shrugged my shoulders, letting him know that it was fine with me.

“Yeah I think Parker took the delay seriously last night.” Sam laughed shoving Parker, inevitably shoving me too. I reached over and slapped his shoulder.

“Don’t push me jack off.”

“I didn’t push you I pushed Parker.” He said rubbing his arm.

“Yeah, well Parker’s on me.”

“Guys, we have a case.” Craig said trying to get us to pay attention and play nice. “Anyways, I’m Craig Larder, this is Justin Grady,” Justin nodded leaning back in his chair, “Gabriel Horner, our liaison,” Gabe took a drink of his coffee, nodding, “Samuel Shore,” Sam waved still poking around with Parker, “Parker Grison,” Parker yelped as Sam poked him in his side. I grabbed his finger bending it back.

“Poke him again and I break it.” I growled.

“And Lauren Alloway.” He sighed. “Hotch.” He looked over at the man standing next to him.

“Hello everybody.” I smirked a little, my mind going to places that I know that it shouldn’t have been going. “I’m Aaron Hotchner,”

“Emphasis on the ‘hot’.” I mumbled only loud enough for Spencer and Parker to hear. Spencer shot me a look and I grinned picking my coffee up.

“This is Derek Morgan,” he gestured to a nice looking man sitting with a black t-shirt on stretching over his muscles, “David Rossi,” I have heard about him, he wrote books on the side and was one of the people who started the BAU, his books weren’t half bad, “Emily Prentiss,” she nodded her head softly, something about her screamed strict but at the same time she seemed so friendly, “Jennifer Jereau, our liaison-”

“J.J.” She corrected him, smiling.

“Penelope Garcia, our technician, and Dr. Spencer Reid.” I went to take another drink of my coffee but it was empty so I reached in front of Spencer’s to take his. “I guess some of you already know each other.” He looked between me and Spencer and I couldn’t stop smiling, until I took a drink of Spencer’s coffee.

“That. Is. Nasty.” I shuddered shoving his coffee back at him making everyone laugh.

“Lore.” Justin reached across the table handing me his coffee.

“I love you.” I smiled drinking enough coffee to get the sugary taste out of my mouth.

______________________________________________

August 20, 2010 9:15 AM

We had spent an hour going over everything about the case. I had to leave a few times to get coffee and go pee knowing that someone would fill me in when we were done. What the case boils down to is that there is this guy going around abducting girls, making them play out his fantasy and then killing them. All of the girls had natural red hair and green eyes. The guy was also a drug dealer. They already know who it is but they couldn’t get him to crack and they haven’t found anything in his house so they couldn’t nail him. Queue us.

“How do we want to play this?” Justin asked from the wall he was currently leaning on.

“Do we want a girl who is his type and will willingly play along with him without him having to abduct her, or do we want a guy that can get close enough to him?” Craig explained.

“I don’t think he would open up as much to a guy as he would a girl.” Spencer said taking a drink of coffee.

“So Lore will go in.” Sam said from behind. “Buy some drugs and flirt him up.” He slapped my shoulder laughing.

“You know all these intimate moments with killers will eventually push me over the edge.” I rolled my eyes standing up walking over to the pictures on the board. My phone started to ring making me jump. “Sorry.” I said over to both teams. “Hello?”

“Hey, Lore, Mia forgot her homework.” Luke’s voice rushed out of the ear piece.

“Well, go get it.” I said looking away from the dead bodies and walking to lean on the round table.

“Lauren.” He stressed.

“Luke, this is why I gave you the key, for emergencies. Not for coming in my house whenever.” I rolled my eyes.

“I have class.” He hollered.

“I have a case.” I hollered back.

“You said that you wanted to be a part of Amelia’s school life, this is a way to go about it.”

“Don’t even try to use that against me.” My voice grew a little, it hurt when he used my job against me and he knew it. I placed my head in my hand and sighed. “I’m sorry.”

“Same here.” He sighed out too.

“You’re closer.” I mumbled.

“No I’m not.”

“Fine, Craig,” I turned around facing Craig, “how long is it from here to Amelia’s school?”

“Around ten miles.” I held the phone out so Luke could hear his answer.

“How long is it from her school to my house?”

“Only a couple, five at the most.” I put the phone back to my ear smiling.

“See, you’re closer.”

“Fine.” He groaned. “You owe me.”

“I already let you bring people over to my house, what else do you want?” He started to chuckle. “No.” I stated before shutting the phone loudly. “Okay, lets get down to it.” I smiled shoving my phone back into my pocket.
♠ ♠ ♠
It was a little longer then a week, sorry. I've been sick and I just now got done fixing the second chapter. But anyways, now the team is all up in the mix and input on whether or not I am doing them justice would be highly appreciated