These Lines Were Never Established

Chapter Thrity Six

Travis and Jolene sat around explaining to everyone what had happened earlier in the morning with Hayley. Letting them know Jolene was adopting the mommy role for Hayley. The group wasn’t too surprised, Jolene had pretty much played that role as Auntie Jo as it was.

Hayley however was spending the day with Brian as he checked out the other moto courses. Hayley sat on his hip, her cheeks no longer stained pink as she looked around the Nokia center wildly. All the bright lights, the tall seats, the dirt pile in the middle, and the pretty colors on signs had her entranced.

Brian was talking to one of the guys sculpting the dirt jumps for Big Air and best whip. Hayley was peering over his shoulder at some other guys talking down the hill. She could spot Uncle Renner waving his hands around wildly as he laughed. With a giggle she began looking for other people she knew, not finding any.

“When did you get another kid?” Her head snapped at the voice as Brian turned to the man.

“Hey Faisst.” The man nodded and adjusted his hat. “This is Hayley Pastrana.” Hayley giggled as her cheeks tinged pink again with a wave. “How come on! Not him!” Brian laughed seeing her cheeks. He’d introduced her to half the Mulisha and not once had she blushed again, which he thought was funny. Now, with Faisst she was a tomato, redder that she had been with him. “Why him?” Hayley simply giggled and hid her face.

Ronnie Faisst laughed confused by the little girls response. Lifting his hands he looked at Brian for answers.

“She thinks you’re cute.” Brian grumbled. Ronnie laughed. “I’m serious.”

“How old is she?” Ronnie asked walking closer. “Hi there.” He smiled as Hayley looked at him again. She quickly hid in Brian’s shoulder with a giggle.

“You suck man. She’d only blushed with me, now you.”

“You didn’t answer my question.” Ronnie added. “Hi.” He waved again at Hayley. This time she waved as she hid her face once more.

“She’s three.” Ronnie hissed. “Yeah.”

“Pastrana’s screwed dude. She already likes boys?” Ronnie grimaced at the idea.

“On top of just finding out she’d a genius.” Ronnie smiled. “Yeah. Her IQ is already huge I guess, right Little bird.” She simply giggled, hugging close to Brian as Ronnie tried to get her to look at him again.

Hayley looked up meeting Ronnie’s gaze. Her face deepened in color as she held his gaze. He smiled at her and waved again.

“I’m Ronnie.” He smiled

“I’m Hay-wee. Yews gotta nice face.” She giggled at him. Ronnie took her from Brian and held her over his head as she giggled, hands tucked up around her mouth embarrassed.

“So do you princess.” She squeezed her eyes shut as she giggled wildly.

“Pedofile.” Brian coughed, teasingly. Ronnie pulled Hayley into his chest with a frown.

“Like you would know.” He added with a laugh.

Travis looked up as Brian walked into the lobby with out Hayley. He stood up confused, worried.

“You are screwed!” Brian stated. Travis lifted his hands. “I got up staged by Faisst.” Travis frowned. “She moved on to him. Apparently his whole face is nice, according to your daughter who wanted to go with him.”

“So you let her?” Jolene gasped.

“It’s Faisst. I trust him.” Brian nodded sitting down. “I told him to be here at this time anyway.” Travis sat down confused. Running his hands over his face he licked his lips as Jolene patted his shoulder. It wasn’t that they didn’t trust Ronnie Kung Fo Faisst it was just that he hadn’t known. “I tried to call you, you didn’t answer.” Travis dug his phone out of his pocket to find he had five missed calls, and three new messages. Two missed calls from Brian, three from Ronnie. Dialing his voicemail he listened to Brian’s message letting him know, then Ronnie’s message letting him know, then there was a message from Hayley off Ronnie’s phone.

Hi Daddy. I’ms wif da petty man. Hims name Ronnie. Otay? Otay. Eyes luv yew. Bye….dids eyes dos its righ?” She stated with a giggled.

“Yeah Little bird you did it perfectly.” Ronnie laughed.

“Yay!!” She cheered.
Then the message was over.

Laughing he ran and hand over his face as he handed Jolene his phone to listen to Hayley’s message.

“The man with the pretty face.” He groaned. Brian moved to Jolene sharing the speaker to listen to the message. “Dear God, I’m screwed.” He laughed.

“Why, what happened now?” Travis looked up at Ronnie standing before him, Hayley sitting on his shoulders. She had her arms crossed on his head and her head resting on them with Ronnie’s Mulisha hat swallowing her head. “She fell asleep.” He laughed as Travis stood up. “And I don’t think she’d ever had cotton candy before, so sorry for that.” He added with a sheepish smile.

“She hadn’t.” Travis laughed. “Well, first time for everything I guess.” He laughed taking Hayley and listening to her whine and groan. Handing Ronnie his hat back he sighed.

“Well hey there man with the pretty face.” Jolene laughed as she waved at Ronnie. Ronnie waved back.

“People kept looking at us funny as I carted her around simply because when she forgot my name she would call me ‘pretty man’ or ‘nice man’. It made me feel disturbingly weird.” Ronnie laughed. The group couldn’t hide their smiles or laughs as they pointed at him. “Shut up!” Ronnie laughed as well. “she’s a good kid though. Until little boys are involved.” He hissed. Travis frowned. “Took her too lunch, two little boys decided they wanted to pick on her, despite my efforts and their mothers efforts to get them to stop.” He bobbed his head. “She got them to stop by not only out smarting them but she hit them both.” Travis’s eyes bugged at the idea. “I made that same face.” Ronnie laughed, pointing at him.

“She hit them?” All three gasped. Ronnie nodded.

“I was surprised she did it, but impressed with how she did it.” He gasped before pushing his hand out in a perfect punch from the hip. “Quick fire, right to the stomach on each of them.” Travis ran a hand over his face.

“I’m so screwed as a parent.”

“Yup.” The rest of them nodded.

“Shut up! Your mom now!” He pointed at Jolene. Her laughter faded at the realization. Sighing she hung her head. “So I’m not alone in this!”

“Damn.” Jolene laughed.