‹ Prequel: Seize The Day
Status: Complete

Unbound (The Wild Ride)

((29))

Another week has gone by.

And things have only been getting worse.

Tyler has started to threaten me.

He's been hanging out outside my work and sometimes outside of my apartment complex.

I had to fight with my landlord to change the locks because for all I know, Tyler could've made a spare of the key I gave and took back from him last year.

I closed my apartment door, making sure the door was locked up tight.

I turned on every single light in my house before I walked all the way in.

Somehow, seeing everything in it's normal spot, untouched, brought a sense of calm over me.

I walked through my apartment, seeing everything in tact as I went into my closet and changed out of my work clothes.

I put on a pair of sweats and a shirt I had taken from Brian.

His cologne still lingered on it and I breathed in a sigh of relief as I imagined him being here next to me.

I miss him so much.

The only thing I want is for him to be here with me.

To hold me in his arms, my head right over his heart, making me feel safe and whole.

Something I haven't felt since he's been gone.

The whole fiasco with Tyler has only made things worse.

I'm going to the police department tomorrow and filing for a restraining order.

I'm not going to live this way.

I won't let this psycho dictate the way I live.

Not anymore.

I turned the t.v. on, thinking it would help me fall asleep.

I switched it to some random movie that was playing and got comfortable.

It was a few minutes later that I was completely passed out.

I was having good dreams, thinking about how I would feel when Brian finally came home and I was able to wrap my arms around him.

I felt something move past my foot and I shot up, my eyes wide with fear.

'What the fuck was that?' I thought to myself.

I looked around and I didn't see anything.

The t.v. was off and I looked at it in confusion.

It was on when I fell asleep.

Maybe Brian set a timer on it.

He knows I always fall asleep in front of it.

I smiled warmly and stood up, switching off the lights as I made my way to my room.

I turned on the light in my room and went to my closet.

I pulled out a pair of jeans and a t-shirt for tomorrow.

"Where the hell are my vans?" I said aloud.

I looked around the floor and saw some black combat boots laying next to my worn out vans.

My eyes widened as I realized they weren't mine, and they hadn't been there this morning.

I opened my mouth to scream when a hand came over me and covered my mouth.

I started thrashing against the constricting arms as I was dragged out of my closet and thrown on my bed.

"Tyler!" I exclaimed.

He stood looming over me, a sick smile on his face.

"Hi baby. Sorry I scared you. I didn't mean to." He told me.

I took in shaky breaths, trying to stay calm so that I could think straight, but I couldn't do it.

My mind was racing and not one legible thought was coming to mind.

"Tyler. Tyler, what's going on? What are you doing here?" I asked him, trying not to stutter.

"I had to see you. I told you this would happen. But you didn't believe me. You pushed me away, when all I wanted to do was love you. Why won't you let me love you?" Tyler asked me, his voice getting hard at the end.

I looked at him wide eyed.

"Tyler, I already told you. I love Brian. We're over. We've been over." I told him.

A sharp sting had my head whipping to the side.

"Don't fucking mention that pricks name in front of me. He stole you from me! And your mine! No one can have you but me!" Tyler growled.

"Okay. Okay I'm sorry." I said frantically.

Tyler smiled and leaned forward and I took my opportunity.

I kicked him in the balls and he went crashing to the floor.

I tried to jump over him but he caught my leg and I went flying across the ground.

He dragged me closer to him as I tried to grab onto anything to get me away from him.

My finger nails dragged across the floor leaving etchings in the hardwood ground.

I kicked him in the nose and he clutched at it, his nose starting to bleed and his eyes watering.

I crawled quickly across the floor, standing up and running to my door.

I worked on the locks when I heard Tyler's loud footsteps behind me.

He slammed my head against the door and everything went black.