Status: This is from a long time ago, so there will be like a chapter posted per day

Faded Memories

I Don't Want To Be A Valentine!

I sit in my desk and half listen to Mickey as she talks about what her cousin in America emailed her. I nod and smile every few minutes. “You’re not listening to me are you Ruki?”
“You know me so well.” Mickey doesn’t care that I have the attention span of a dead animal, she just wants me to be honest.
“Hey Ruki, I got this for you.” I look up and see some guy holding a box of chocolates out to me.
“Thanks,” I say as I take the box.
“That’s not fair,” Mickey says. “I have never gotten chocolate on Valentine’s Day.”
I smile and open my bag. “Here,” I say as I hand her a small box of chocolates. I stand up and walk over to Kyo’s desk. I sit the chocolates in front of him and watch his expression.
“Wait…Today is Valentine’s Day?”
“Yep, I already gave Yuki his chocolates.” Kyo just stares at me. “What?”
“I am just going to stay here. I’m hungry and I want to eat lunch first. After lunch I am running.”
I nod and walk back to my desk.

At lunch Kyo, Yuki, Mickey and I sit together. After about five minutes, someone yells, “Kyo!!”
I straighten up at the sound of Kagura’s voice. When she finds us she pushes me over so she can sit in between Kyo and me. “That’s Kagura,” I whisper to Mickey.
“Kyo, I brought you a giant chocolate heart to show you how much I love you!” She looks at me. “Beat that! I bet you are sorry about being my competition!”
I feel everyone staring at us. “Kagura, I’m not your competition. I don’t care.” I hear people start to whisper.
“I heard that you and Kyo are engaged!” Someone shouts.
“What!”
I grab Kagura’s arm, keeping her from hitting me. “It is a rumor!”
“How do I know you are telling the truth?!”
I feel someone tug on my arm and I don’t realize what has happened until someone shouts, “Oh my god! Prince Yuki just kissed her!”

In my next class everyone stares at me. I see three girls start dancing and singing and the next thing I know they are standing in front of me introducing their selves. I ignore them because I don’t care about their names. “Why did you kiss our Prince Yuki you witch?!"
“What do you mean 'Our Prince'?”
“Yes our Prince. We know him better than you!”
I just stare at them. “I have known him since I was seven.” They just stare at me. “Who are you anyway?”
“We just told you!”
“Well I wasn’t paying attention!”
“We are the Prince Yuki Fan Club!’
I yawn. “Do you think I really care?”
They just walk away and death glare me every few steps. Mickey sits down in her seat beside me. “I think you make enemies quicker than friends.”

I walk home with Yuki since Kyo was dragged off by Kagura. “Hey, I’m sorry I kissed you. I knew Kagura would kill you if she didn’t see you weren’t competition.”
“I know. I’m sorry you had to do it.”
“Ruki, I wanted to kiss you.”
I stop and stare at the dirt path. “What?”
“Ruki,” Yuki says as I run past him towards home. When I reach the house I run inside, past Shigure, and to the roof.
I sit on the roof and stare at the sky, thinking of all that has happened today. But one thing lingers in my mind. Yuki saying, “I wanted to kiss you.”