Status: COMPLETED

Adopted by the Cullen's? Sweet!

Let's Cut School

The next time I woke up, it was pitch black outside. I looked at my phone. 3:20 Saturday. I pulled the covers off of me, and stood up. I heard my stomach growl. 'An apple can't hurt,' I thought, and walked out of the room. I walked downstairs to see everyone talking. They silenced, and looked my way. "How are you feeling sweetie?" Esme asked. I smiled.

"Much better mom," I said. She smiled, and walked over and hugged me.

"I was so worried," she said. I laughed.

"It was just the flu mom," I said. She let go, and I smiled at everyone before walking into the kitchen to get an apple. I bit into it, and sighed, completely in heaven. It was the first thing I ate in days, and I was starving. I quickly finished it off, and tossed it in the trash. I walked back into the living room, and sat in between Jasper and Emmett. "So what have a missed?" I asked. Emmett smirked.

"Edward and Bella Swan are now friends," he said, laughing at Edward's glare. I looked at Edward confused.

"Didn't you leave because of her?" I asked. He nodded. "And now you're friends?" I questioned.

"Yes. I figured, why fight it?" He shrugged. I chuckled, and leaned back into the couch.

"You know D. You look a whole lot better. You're actually back to tan," Emmett joked. I looked over at him with a big grin.

"Thanks Em," I said, and rolled my eyes.

"You are lucky Dylan. There were people piling in at the hospital because of the flu. You had a small dose of it," Carlisle said. I looked at him in shock.

"You mean it was spreading?" I asked. He nodded. "Wow, then I guess it is a good thing I didn't have it that bad," I said. Alice walked over and hugged me.

"I agree. I don't know what I would have done if my little sister was hospitalized," she said. I laughed.

"Run to the hospital, and stay by side night and day?" I asked sarcastically.

"Probably," she said, which made me laugh even more. I yawned and stretched again.

"Are you tired?" Carlisle questioned. I nodded.

"Yeah. I guess I was tossing and turning most of the time. I think I punched the wall also," I said, examining my fist. There was a bruise there.

"Actually, it wasn't the wall you punched. It was me," he said. My jaw dropped.

"I punched you?" I asked. He nodded. Emmett busted out laughed.

"Nice going D!" He laughed.

"Sorry," I said. He chuckled.

"It's fine, just back to sleep," he said. I nodded.

"Okay," I said, waved to everyone, and went back up to my room, and fell asleep the second my head hit the pillow. I woke up two days later feeling refreshed and ready for school. I took a shower with my vanilla scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I got out, dried myself off, and pulled my wet hair back into a sloppy bun. I got dressed in a long sleeved black tight shirt, purple skinny jeans, and black and purple vans. I applied black eyeliner, light purple eyeshadow, and black mascara to my eyes. I brushed my teeth, then put on some pink, shimmering lip gloss to finish off the look. I walked out of my room, and down the steps to see everyone already there. I smiled brightly. "Hey everyone," I said.

"Hey midget," Emmett said.

"One day, I'm gonna have a ginormous growth spirt, and I'll be calling you midget," I said, then sighed. "Never mind, I'll never be anywhere near as tall you," I said.

"You never know," Edward said. I gave him a 'you have got to be kidding me look.'

"Oh come on. I'm 15 and 5'2". How much more am I gonna grow?" I said laughing. Emmett patted my back.

"I like you small. If you weren't, then I'd still be calling Alie midget," he said, and ducked as Alice took a swing at him. I laughed.

"Come on you guys. I wanna go to school," I whined. Jasper laughed.

"That's the first time I've heard someone say they want to go to school," he commented.

"Cut me some slack. I missed most of last week. I'm gonna have a crap load of make-up work....on second thought, let's cut school, and go shopping," I said. Alice nodded, then saw the look Carlisle and Esme were giving her, and shook her head no. I sighed. "Fine let's get a move on. Who am I riding with?" I asked.

"Me!" Edward shouted a split second before Emmett did.

"Damn it," Emmett mumbled, and walked outside. He and Rose got into his jeep and took off. Alice and Jasper jumped in the back of Edward's Volvo, and I hopped in the passenger's seat, and we took off towards the school.