Status: Finished

Rescue Me

I know something's wrong.

"Tom!" I whispered as I hugged him closer to me. I made sure not to put pressure on any of my bruises but it was hard, seeing that he hugged me back, wrapping his arms around my waist. “What are you doing here?” I asked while pulling away from our tight embrace.
“They next two concerts we had got canceled which leaves us 8 days of vacation,” Tom said, with a smile. “We have to go back on tour for March 14th so I decided to come back over here and see you.” He explained.
“I'm so happy you're here,” I said with a huge grin and gave him another hug. “I've missed you,”

“I've missed you too! That's why I decided to come and see you. Especially after receiving your texts,” He chuckled and pulled away.

“Yeah,” I said and turned my head to the side. I didn't want him to know that I was blushing. “Come in,” I told him, after looking around.

As he closed the door behind him, he said, “Let's go do something. It's been so long and we need to catch up,” I slowly walked towards the kitchen, to get something to drink.

“Um.. sure,” I said and turned around to see him learning against the counter next to me.

“You don't sound too sure,” He chuckled.

“Yeah it's just that I don't know what time Alec is going to be back and he'd be mad if he saw that I'm gone,” I told Tom and handed him a glass of juice.

“Thanks,” He mumbled and took a long sip, almost drinking it all. “He left you a note,” He pointed to the fridge. I turned around and looked at it.

I'm gone for the day. I'll be back around 10:30pm.
Alec, x.


I turned back around and looked at Tom. “If I'm back before 10 then we're alright,” I said, with a chuckle.

“Then let's go,” He smiled and placed his arm around my shoulders. I winced at the pain but smiled back. “Are you okay?” He asked me, removing his arm.

“Y-yeah of course.” I said, smiling. “Can I just dry my hair before we go out? I'm pretty sure it's cold right now and I don't want to catch a cold,” I chuckled.

“Of course you can. I'll just wait for you in the living room,” He told me and went to sit on the couch. I noticed that he wasn't looking anymore so I started to limp my way back to the bathroom and started to blow-dry my hair.

I hated myself for hiding all of this to Tom. He's my best friend. I'm suppose to tell him everything, but I'm not. I'm hiding the fact that my boyfriend abuses me. I know I should tell him because he's the only person I trust but it's hard. It's hard because the new tour started and he's gone for a few months. I don't have the chance to always talk to him, you know? And if I do, it's over some texts or e-mails.

Noticing my hair were all dry, I decided to straighten them. It took five minutes and I was done. When I exited the bathroom, I noticed Tom was still sitting on the couch, watching some TV-show.

“I'm done,” I told him as I stood next to the couch.

“Awesome, let's go!” He got up and closed my TV before going back to the front door. I was wearing a hoodie but decided to still put my coat on. I was sure that it was pretty cold outside seeing that we were in March. After putting my coat on, I put my shoes on and grabbed my purse. Tom opened the door and let me go first. I gave him a smile and locked the door after he closed the door behind him. We walked down the hall, towards the elevator. “Are you sure you're okay?” He asked me, as the elevator doors closed behind us.

“Yeah why?” I asked, trying to play it off cool.

“You seem like you're limping or something,” He said and looked at me closely.

“You know how clumsy I am,” I said quickly. “It's last night, when I got out of the tub, I slipped and fell right on my ass,” I said with a chuckled.

He looked at me with an unreadable expression but gave me a small smile. “What should we do?”

“Maybe we can go to The Schönhauser Allee shopping center?” I said, with a huge grin on my face, hoping that he would say yes.

“Usually I would say no,” he said with a laugh, “but I'll say yes,” He smirked.

“Thank you,” I said and gave him a hug, from the side. “So. Are we walking or...?”

“Of course not,” He said, laughing. “I came with my car,” I nodded and followed him outside, to where he had parked his car. He opened the passenger door for me and closed it when I was seated. I buckled my belt just as he opened his door and got in.

“Nice car,” I told him, looking around his Cadillac Escalade. “It's roomy and it smells good,” I said, laughing.

“It smells goof because it smells like me,” Tom said, smirking as he started his car.

“You're so full of yourself,” I gave him a little shove. He started to laugh while shaking his head. It didn't even took 5 minutes and we were already there. Good thing I lived near the mall.

“We're here,” He said, smiling and unbuckled his seat belt.

“Wait,” I told him and put my hand on his arm which made him look at me questioningly. “I just thought about it... You can't go to the mall. You'll get attacked by all the crazy fans,”

“Fuck,” He cursed. “I didn't thought about that! I'm so sorry Kaydene,” He said and looked at me.

“Why would you apologize?” I asked, confused.

“Well, you wanted to go to the shopping center so much but now you can't because of me!” He said and looked down at his hands.

“Tom,” I whispered, placing my hand on his shoulder. “It's okay. We can go at a café or something. At least, you're here. That's all that matters,” I said, quietly, noticing his sad mood. He lifted his head and smiled at me.

“I'm so happy you're my best friend,” He smiled. “Other girls would of totally bitched or something,”

“Yeah,” I laughed. “Well I'm not like the other girls I guess,” I said and looked in front of me.

“So I think I know a little coffee shop we could go,” He said, changing the subject. I think he got the idea that I didn't want to talk about that anymore.

“Is it far?” I asked, looking back at him as he started to drive away from the mall.

“Not really. Maybe 10 minutes,” He took a glance at me and looked back at the road in front of him.

I couldn't help but smile the whole way to the coffee shop. I was truly happy that Tom was back for a few days. It's the best thing that happened in a while and he made me forget about Alec because he is the complete opposite. Tom is also the only person I ever trusted. We've known each other since we were young so we know pretty much everything about each other. Except the abuse part.

“We're here?” I asked him, and looked out the window, at the café.

“Yep. This is the place,” He said and unbuckled his seat belt. “Probably the only café that I can go and won't get really recognized because it's pretty much always the same people that goes there. Plus, I know the owner,” He said and gave me a smile.

“So we'll have peace?” I laughed.

“Yeah,” He smiled and got out. I did the same and walked into the café, behind my best friend.

“Tom!” Someone behind the counter said. “It's good to see you,” The man said.

“Hey Randy!” Tom greeted him. The man didn't look too young. He actually looked around 40-ish.

“I can see you brought your girlfriend,” Randy said, smiling over at me.

“Kaydene? Oh, she's not my girlfriend.” Tom laughed. “She's my friend. My best friend, actually.”

“Oh, I see,” Randy chuckled. “Well it's nice to meet you Kaydene,” He said and stick his hand out for me to shake it.

“Nice to meet you too,” I said, with a smile. Tom led me to a table which we both sat down. The waitress came at our table immediately and asked for our order. We both ordered a small piece of cake each. Tom ordered a coffee as I ordered a hot chocolate.

“Your order will be coming soon,” She informed us and left.

“This place is nice,” I said as I looked around. It was a little coffee shop that had maybe 7 tables. It was old-styled and I loved it.

“Yeah,” Tom said, from across me. “I used to came here a lot with my mom when I was younger. We came here each time we were in Berlin because Randy is a friend of my mom's,” He explained.

“That's nice,” I said and smiled. The waitress came back with two mugs and two plates with cake on it. We both thanked her and she walked away after.

“This cake is the greatest, okay?” Tom said, before I could take a bite. “Beware,”

I laughed and tasted the chocolate cake that was placed in my plate. “You're right!” I told him, mouth-full. “This cake is really good.”. It was moist, fresh and simply delicious. It was almost melting in my mouth as I ate it. I leaned back against my chair but winced as it hit one of my bruises in my back.

“Are you okay?” Tom asked me, with concerned look on his face. I simply nodded and tried to put on a normal face. Of course, I failed. “Kaydene please don't lie to me,” He said softly. “I know something's wrong. You can tell me, I'm here for you,”

I looked at him and sighed. “I can't Tom. I-I really can't” I said quietly.

“You can't what?” He asked and placed his elbows on the table.

“You'll get mad,” I said and lowered my face.

“Kaydene, please tell me what's going on,” He said, but still in a quiet and calm voice. “I know there's something,”

It was now or never. I had to tell him what Alec was doing to me. Despite the fact that I didn't want to talk about it, I sighed and looked at Tom.

“It's Alec... He's a-abusing me,”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh shit. she told Tom !!!