Status: I changed this story yet again, now its the better, still as yet incomplete story -- enjoy!

Never Again

#6 - The Good Life

Alicia’s eyes were as wide as saucers when I finished my story. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, obviously trying to find a way to say something.

Eventually, she managed to stutter out a sentence.

“So… they just, left? Just like that? They didn’t… do anything else?”

“Yup. Just like that.” I nodded, remembering that I had felt almost as stunned all those years ago.

“But how… how did they leave, and yet you’re all still…” She faded off, terribly confused.

“Well…” I conceded, “There is a little bit more to it than that, but that’s how I first met them… most of them, anyway.”

“You’ll have to tell me the rest of the story, one day.” Alicia looked thoughtful for a second, before we both jumped, as we heard a knock on the door. “Here, I’ll go get it.” Alicia got up from the couch, stretching as she rose.

A few moments later, I heard her call down the hallway.

“It’s Frank.”

I could hear them talking as they walked down the hallway, a little more comfortably than they had last night. They walked into the living room, Frank winking at me in greeting as Alicia sat back down.

“So, you feelin’ any better?” He sat down next to me with a grin, his arm around my shoulder.

“Yup,” I nodded, giving him a hug, then smirking. “Alicia brought me chocolate.”

“Ah.” Frank nodded, understanding.

He looked over to Alicia, grabbing one of the last pieces of chocolate off the coffee table.

“Anyway, how come you’re back so early?” I asked, glancing up at Frank as I leaned against him.

“Well, I’m not really early, the other guys just stayed late.” He stated, before smirking at me, “Plus, I figured I’d come see how you were.”

“Aww, thankies.” I grinned at him, just as Alicia spoke.

“You know, you two are so cute.” She grinned at us, wrinkling her nose.

I was suddenly struck by how open and talkative she was once you got to know her; it was a good thing.

“Thanks.” Frank smiled at Alicia, before looking back at me. “Did you two manage to keep each other company?”

“Uh huh,” Alicia nodded, “Amber has been telling me about how you guys all met.”

“Really?” He raised an eyebrow, smirking. “Did she tell you how she woke up with a strange guy in her apartment?”

“Yup.” Alicia giggled, nodding as she reached for the remaining piece of chocolate; just missing it as I plucked it from under her hand.

“Excuse me?” I widened my eyes, waving my finger at her. “Don’t you know? My house, my chocolate.”

“But I got it for you!” Alicia protested, smiling.

I waited a second, pretending to think hard.

“Fine.” I rolled my eyes in mock disgust, climbing out of my seat with a small smile.

A moment later I returned, half a block of chocolate in my hand.

“You didn’t tell me you already had chocolate!” Alicia couldn’t help but smile as she glared at me in fake shock.

“Well, after you so kindly gave me some of yours I figured I didn’t need to.” I stuck my tongue out at her, tossing her the chocolate.

“Amber, you are a dork.” Frank laughed slightly as I sat back down by his side.

“I know.”

He sighed, shaking his head at me. After a moment of silence, Alicia got up.

“Well, I guess I’d better get going.” She smiled at me, “It’s been fun. Hope you get better soon!”

“Thanks.” I smiled back, giving her a hug, before she waved to Frank and left.

“Well,” Frank said thoughtfully, after a second. “Did she take your mind off things? …I mean, I know it couldn’t have been as good as having me but…”

He was cut off by a cushion landing on his head.

“Hey!” He spluttered, grabbing the cushion and staring at me with wide eyes. “What did I say?”

“You are an idiot.” I stated, laughing at him.

“I know.” Frank mimicked me, grinning, as he tossed the cushion back at me gently.

I just rolled my eyes, sighing and leaning against his side as he put his arm around me. After spending all day talking, I could feel my eyes getting heavy as I lay there, but I couldn’t be bothered moving.

After a while he started to play with my hair, which meant that he was probably deep in thought about something. I was too tired to ask what he was worrying about, though, and soon I was fast asleep on his shoulder.

Xxx xxx xxX Chapter Seven -- Little Devotional [Frank] Xxx xxx xxX

I could tell when Amber fell asleep, and relaxed a little. I’d been worried that she was still stressing over last night, and it was good to know that she had forgotten about it. I had talked to Gerard about it that morning, for a little while, and he seemed to be over it - so there was no need for her to worry.

Besides, we only had a single short week left before touring, and I didn’t want her to be stressing about everything… I was doing enough of that for the both of us. I knew that we would only be gone for six months, but that was a hell of a long time when I knew she was here alone, and I was across the country.

‘At least she would have Alicia,’ I thought to myself, glad that they had hit it off so quickly. And she had friends around town… but I still wanted desperately to be here with her.

I sighed, knowing there was no way out of it. Anyway, I did love touring, playing every night and all the fans… but, maybe there was something we could do.

I glanced sharply down at Amber, even though she was still asleep. How stupid was I - to think that I hadn’t thought of asking her to come with us before. When she woke up I would have to ask her… but not now.

I smiled a little as she moved in her sleep, knowing that we would figure something out. I picked her up gently, carrying her into her room, with a sense of déjà vu.

Laying her down on the bed, I watched her sleeping form for a while, before lying down next to her and closing my eyes. It wasn’t late, but I was tired anyway, and I had a funny feeling that tomorrow was going to be a big day.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha what dorks xD i wish i had a pet Frankie =3
comments would be really nice, and also helpful so i know if i have enough people interested to motivate me to keep writing!
and thanks to the one subscriber i have as of the 10th july, you have been my motivation so far -- if you comment i can see who you are, which would be awesome!