Status: Slow Active

Pin-Up Paper Rockstars

Meshing Voices

Image

"No, no, just one more." Jillian held up her index finger. The waitress she was talking to eyed her carefully before leaving them in peace.

"Are you sure you can handle another one?"

Jillian looked up at Trish who was grinning at her from across the table. She was nestled in Johnny's arms and lap. Beside them, sat Rev, Kyle, Ryan and Syn's girlfriend Sandy, all watching the events of the night uncurl before them.

"I'm sure," she replied softly.

Matt was sitting quietly against the bar. One elbow perched on the edge of the counter as he watched carefully. Zacky and his girlfriend Katie sat beside him on bar stools while Dustan sat to Jill's left, and Syn and Trent to her right.

They'd left LA a few hours ago and had decided to hit up the Avenged Crew's favorite bar in Huntington Beach. Johnny's. It was a wise choice. The other people in the bar knew the boys well and left them in peace. They weren't being bombarded by people all the time, and their girlfriends were able to join them for once.

Syn flicked his lighter open and watched the flame for a moment before releasing it. "Hey, Zack can I bum a smoke?"

Zacky unwrapped his tattooed arms from around his girlfriend's waist and pulled a pack of cigarettes from his back pocket before tossing it to his friend.

"Thanks." Syn pulled one out and stuck it between his lips before pulling out another and glancing at him.

Zacky nodded and caught the package when Syn threw it back to him. "It's for later," Syn muttered as he tucked the extra cigarette behind his ear.

"You need to quit," Sandy laughed softly as she tucked her hair behind her ears. The red highlights within her black hair shimmering under the light.

Syn shook his head, turning down his girlfriend's request, "I need...another drink."

"Jager Bombs." The waitress reappeared suddenly and held her tray out in front of her, "and tequila shots."

"I bet that Jillian's going to puke." Kyle grinned slyly, clasping his hands together and resting them on his lap. Jill simply gave him the finger which caused everyone to laugh.

"You okay?" Dustan asked her. A concern in his voice that made Matt clench his hands at his sides.

"Why does everyone keep asking me that?" Jill laughed and looked around the group. "I've drank way more than this before."

"You have not," Ryan retorted.

"Yes, I have," she seethed, wrapping her slender fingers around her shot glass. "You're always just too drunk yourself to pay attention to how much I've been drinking."

He laughed, as he leaned back in his chair. He'd been beat and he knew it. "Fair enough."

"So what do you say?" Syn his shot of tequila and turned to look at her.

"To...the tour?" she picked hers up.

He grinned back at her. "To the tour." The glass clanked together before their shots disappeared behind staring eyes.

"You're not going to win this one, honey." Syn grinned and she finally realised just how drunk he really was. Though she really couldn't say to much for herself. She seemed fine now, but she was interested on finding out what it'd be like to stand up.

"Oh yes I am, Brian," she giggled in response.

"Why don't we just call it a tie?" Dustan suggested, "and a night?"

Jill knew his protective best friend instinct was kicking in now. And as much as she appreciated it, she didn't. She wasn't a little girl. She made her own bed, and was always prepared to lay in it.

"I'm fine, Dustan," she locked eyes with him. "Really."

And she was. They sat in the bar a few more hours. Attempting to play pool, chatting, and just using the time they were given to get to know one another. And before her drunken state really kicked in, she learned alot.

Matt, was a goof. Though big and intimidating, he was often the one laughing and making jokes, trying to keep the others laughing. She also learned that he was the jealous type. Though he tried will all his might not to show it, he couldn't help it. Like the way his lips thinned and his dimples disappeared when Dustan hugged her. Or the way he flexed his hands when he was nervous or irritated. They were small signs, but still signs none the less.

Zacky, was the quiet one. He was quite content drinking and holding onto his girlfriend, and watching the others act like idiots. Jill sensed right away, that he was probably one of the deeper ones in the group. He liked to sit, and think quietly about what he was going to say before he spoke. Which, Jill decided, was a trait that far too many people lacked in today's society.

Johnny, was the drinker. The party animal. Though small, he was mighty. A definate asset to the band, not only as a musician, but as a friend. Quite often he and Jimmy would break out in wrestling matches or awkward vocal sessions that included attempted rhyming lyrics. He could make anyone laugh, and could definately keep smiles on everyone's faces.

Brian, was very passionate and very easy going. Music truly was his life, and he put everything he is into it. It was almost scary. Zacky often claimed that he was in awe of the way Brian plays with so much feel. But in reguards to everyday life, Brian was easy going. He didn't take things to seriously. He liked to take things as they came. But he was still greatful to be where he is in life, and it showed.

And Jimmy. Jimmy was the hardest to explain. He's as deep and methodical as he is crazy. There were no bars holding him back. What you get is 100% Jimmy, all the time, and there was a reason Matt called him a crazy bastard. But, he was also everyone's best friend. His deep side, sometimes choosing to show itself only when he's too drunk to act crazy. He dished out more hugs than a girl, and made sure to let his friends know just how much he loved them, and how much they meant to him. Just one man with way to much love for the world and those in it.

Ultimately, Jill loved how blood couldn't make these five unique guys any closer brothers.

Her band was so different. Fights errupted all the time, whether it be musical differences, or just attitude disagreements that set them off. It was those days when they often had to take breaks from one another. Sometimes those breaks even lasted a few days. However, most of the time they tried their damndest to work things out, and that's what counted.

"So, I think you won," Rev laughed as they slowly wandered out the front door of the bar into the small parking lot.

"I agree," Jill slurred as Dustan and Trent helped her walk. "I am sooo drunk and you're sooo not."

Rev grinned. "I am drunk, just not slobbering drunk." His arm was slung around Matt's shoulders as they walked slowly.

"Are you going to be ready for work in the morning?" Zacky asked Jill with a grin as he opened the passenger door for Katie to climb in.

Jill frowned. "What time?"

"Eight in the morning." He closed the car door and turned to her.

She sighed. "I really dislike you, Vengeance."

"No you don't." He pinched her cheek playfully. "See you in the morning, Jillian."

She growled at him but she doubted that he heard.

***

Jimmy and Syn were sitting at the table in the first room of the studio eating breakfast when Jill walked in. She was wearing pink heels, black skinny jeans, and a AC/DC t-shirt which she'd modified slightly by turning it into a spaghetti strap tshirt. She was also wearing make-up but nothing extravagant. She'd swapped out her lip rings for studs, and she'd changed her septum piercing. Other than that, her bleached hair was up in a simple but messy pony tail, and she was grasping her cup of coffee like if she let go, she'd fall over dead.

Syn grinned and turned in his chair to look at her as she walked in the door. "Well good morning, beautiful."

Instead of grinning like he was, she flipped him off, causing both him and Rev to errupt in laughter.

"You may have won the contest, babe, but I rarely get nasty hangovers." Syn prided himself.

"Obviously," she retorted, taking another sip of the warm liquid in her cup, "or you wouldn't be all smiles."

"By the way, here's your prize," he grabbed a black and white piece of cloth off the table and handed it to her.

She reached out with one hand and took it from him. She wasn't aware they'd been drinking for prizes.

"What is it?" she asked as she reached between the guys and set her cup on the table. She unfolded the fabric and smiled when she realized it was a Syn Gates tank top.

"It's a new design we're trying out," Syn looked up at her.

"So I'm your test subject to see if a chick likes it?" she glanced from the shirt to him.

His smile changed and she laughed. "I'm kidding, Brian, it's nice. Thank you."

"Well you earned it," Rev jumped into the conversation. "Not many can out drink Brian."

"I'm not sure that's a good thing." She smiled and locked eyes with Jimmy. She'd noticed Matt's eyes before, but there was something about Jimmy's eyes that made them more captivating.There was an innocence to them, but at the same time they said they'd beared witness to a million and one things.

Zacky walked into the room and headed for the fridge. "Hey, you guys ready to get this day started?" He pulled a water bottle from the contents and let the door slam shut.

Jill broke her eyes from Jimmy's and nodded. "But not before I finish this," she reached for her cup of coffee before making her way towards Zacky. "I'm definately going to come away from this with a better work ethic." She glanced at the clock on the wall and laughed softly.

"Hopefully you come away with more than that." Rev laughed as he and Syn walked up behind her, all of them following Zacky into the heart of the studio.

"Morning." Matt said rather cheerfully as he opened up his lap top.

"Morning," Jill replied softly as she looked around. "Where's Johnny?" she asked casually, noticing his bearded face was missing.

"He's laying down a bass track in the other room." Matt turned around from the sound board and bit off a piece of the licorice he had in his hand. "How was your night?"

"Good," she lied. Truth was she spent most of the night beside the toilet in her and Dustan's hotel room. But she wasn't going to tell them that. "How was yours?"

"Alright," he replied. She knew he was lying as well. He wasn't even one of the drunk ones last night, but he looked worn out as hell.

"We'll just wait till Johnny's done, then we'll get you and Rev in the booth," Matt turned around again.

So she took a seat in an empty chair. Relaxing into it's old frame. "Can I hear some of your other stuff until then?"

"Yeah man, let her hear Gunslinger," Syn stepped up beside Matt and they both stared down at the sound board for a moment.

"Gunslinger?" she smiled as she tipped her head back to see Zacky who was standing behind her. "Is it a rocker like Critical Acclaim?"

Like a million and one other people, she'd heard it on myspace, and she was addicted.

"This record is so different from anything we've ever done," Zacky smiled softly. "We all love this song, hopefully you will to."

"I have no doubts in that department," she assured him.

A slow, countryesque groove began to fill the room and Syn and Matt turned around to face her. She felt nervous. All eyes were on her. Even if she hadn't liked what she was hearing, she would have lied simply because of the looks she was receiving. But the truth was, the acoustic guitar coupled with Matt's smooth voice was amazing. But the song was deceiving. She jumped slighlty when the hard hitting part of the song kicked in and Zacky laughed.

"I was waiting for that." He leaned around her and pointed to the small hairs standing up on her arm. "That happens to everyone and I fucking love it."

She laughed softly and felt compelled to bob her head slightly to the rest of the tune. "I love it," she smiled afterwards.

"I'm done," Johnny walked into the room, carrying his bass in one hand and a bottle of water in the other. "I think it sounds good," he assured them.

"We just played her Gunslinger," Jimmy grinned. "She loves it," he mocked her slightly, batting his eyelashes up at the shortest member of the band.

Jill rolled her eyes, if she'd have been holding a water bottle like the rest of the band seemed to be, she'd have hucked it at his head.

"Jimmy, you ready to lay down some vocals?" Matt asked suddenly.

"So what am I doing exactly?" Jimmy asked as he stood up and approached Matt and the piece of paper he was holding.

Matt pointed to the page, she's going to sing this, and you're going to sing these lines in between hers. So just sing it like you normally would, and we'll turn it down on this side so it sounds backgroundish."

"I have to actually sing?" Jimmy raised his eyebrows. "No screaming or joking around? Like, real harmonies and shit?"

Jill laughed softly, and he glanced at her. "I hope you sound good," he laughed. "Cause I'm gonna make this sound like shit."

"No you're not," she assured him. She reached across to the chair beside her and grabbed the toque that was laying there. "Put this on it'll help."

"Hey, that's mine," Brian protested.

Jimmy eyed her skeptically but grabbed onto it and pulled it down over his head. "This shit better work."

Syn laughed and handed him the piece of paper. "If it works you can keep it."

"Gee, thanks man," Rev headed into the booth and closed the door behind him.

"What the hell is this?" he laughed as he spun around in the room. "Where's my chair?"

Everyone laughed and watched Jimmy pout and move up closer to the mic. "Start me from the beginning okay Shadows?"

Matt nodded but never verbally replied as he started the song for Jimmy from the beginning. It was nothing but a drum beat, and either Syn or Zacky on guitar, along with the rough vocals. Which, sounded like they belonged compared to the polished way they could re-do them.

Jimmy listened to it once, paying particular attention to the chorus which Jill sang, to figure out how much time be had in between.

And I can't explain the pain I feel
Now that you've gone away
So far away,
I look up to the sky
The clouds are spelling out your name
Telling me you're okay
But it doesn't ease the pain
I'll be forever torn apart at the seam...


"Alright, let me try this." Jimmy stuck the piece of paper in the stand in front of him. "Don't laugh at me," he added before Matt started the song again, indicating that they were recording this time.

When the chorus came, Jimmy stepped closer to the hanging mic.

And I can't explain the pain I feel
"We've been together, for what seems like forever,"
Now that you've gone away
So far away,

"Cherish our memories for they...shit," he laughed and stepped back away from the microphone. "Start it again."

The room fell silent again as Matt restarted it, this time from the beginning of the chorus. Rev stepped up to the mic, listening to Jill's voice and slipping his own vocals in between.

And I can't explain the pain I feel
"We've been together, for what seems like forever,"
Now that you've gone away
So far away,

"Cherish our memories,"
I look up to the sky
"For they are the ties that bind,"
The clouds are spelling out your name
Telling me you're okay

"I'm okay,"
But it doesn't ease the pain
I'll be forever torn apart at the seam,

"Don't cry for me,"

Rev stepped back from the mic and Matt stopped the song.

"Actually, that sounded pretty fuckin good." Johnny ran his hand over his face as he glanced around the room at his bandmates. Everyone nodded including Jill. She loved Jimmy's voice. She was so glad to hear there was much more of everyone singing on their new record.

"This is going to be one of those songs that just falls into place." Zacky grinned and sat down on the couch along the back wall.

Syn nodded in agreement. "Shads?" he asked the man standing next to him.

"Let's stack it all up, and listen to what it sounds like all together," Matt suggested. "Maybe we're damn close to being done."
♠ ♠ ♠
<333 Thanks For Reading
Comments Would Be Much Appreciated.