Can't Find My Way Home

Chapitre six

"Come in.." I shouted, we were in some fancy hotel in London, and had been for some hours. I was currently curled up on the end of my bed, working my way through the mini bar, staring out the french windows.

"Hey Dill." I turned my head and my eyes met with Frank's. He looked solomn and tired. "How you holding up?"

"Not too great," I said hoarsely, "and you?"

"About the same. I see you've been working on your mini bar too.." he laughed, "Mine's half empty and I didn't even share," he said sitting down on the end of my bed, "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too," I sat up to look at him better, "very much so."

"Gerard told me what he told you on the plane." he said guiltily, "It's true, if you were wondering."

"Then why didn't you ever tell me?"

"And risk breaking my best friend's heart?" he said loudly.

"But he knew that you, that-"

"- I loved you before he did, I know." he nodded, "But I loved him as much as I loved you, and at that time it seemed as if you loved him."

"This is all so fucked up." I said grabbing my head, "This mess has fucked up my life for long enough." I said getting up and walking to the mini bar and grabbing two tiny bottles of Jack Daniels. I threw one into Frank's hands, and downed the other one quickly myself. "I need to start a fresh. Everything new. Everything different. Got it?" he nodded, "Right.." I got another bottle from the bar and drank that quickly too. "We're going to start all over again. You never loved me. I never loved you. In fact, we didn't even like each other. We're just two people."

"Strangers." he said throwing his empty bottle in the bin and downing his second, while I cracked open a third.

"Yes! Strangers. Exactly!" I threw him another bottle, which he drank as fast as I threw it.

"My name's Frank Iero, nice to meet you." he said extending his hand.

"Dylan Suuskind, nice to meet you too." I said shaking his hand and grabbing two more bottles.

"Suuskind? That's Russian?" he said opening his bottle, knowing full well my father was from Sweden.

"Swedish." I said opening mine.

"Very nice."

"Thank you." I said as we made a toast with the bottles, "Iero, that's strange." I hiccoughed.

"Isn't it just." we took a second to drink our bottles, we were now stumbling around the room. Good work mini bars.

"Sounds like New Jersey scum if you ask me.." I laughed, grabbing two bottles of what was now Champagne. All the spirits had been drunk.

"You love New Jersey scum.." he said epically, "How would you like to go to dinner?" he said dancing me around the bed, towards the window.

"Well we've done dancing, so what about a movie aswell?"

"How about we skip the lot?" he said planting his lips firmly on mine. I succumbed and kissed him back as passionately as I found him kissing me. All conscious, sane, thought processes were lost when my fingers began pulling his shirt over his head, only breaking our lips for a second. He walked backwards until the backs of my legs met my bed and I fell backwards, this was the third worst decision I had made in last 48 hours, but in a sick, twisted sense, this was the best of the worst.