That Boy's Not Right In The Brain

Part the Twenty-Sixth

The guys were sleeping, and the ones who weren't; Bob and Mikey, were currently completely engulfed in a video game. I didn't know where Frank was, nor did I care much. My hangover had finally gone and an overwhelming urge to go swimming swept through me. I my swimming stuff on under my clothes and made my way down to the heated pool outside. It was late, so the lights weren't on in the water, but the heater ran all the time and the lights surrounding the pool were enough to be able to see where I was going. I stepped out of my clothes and not wanting to make a splash getting into the water, I walked around the edge looking for the steps in. It was so quiet, and the wind was freezing so I was quickly made my way around. I found the steps and got in quietly, the warm water soothing against my frozen skin. I took a deep breath and ducked under the water, I swam directly forwards about ten meters before I felt something drag against my skin. I turned to see, stupidly as it was dark and I wouldn't be able to see anyway, and ended up swimming into more of it, I panicked and tried to swim away, but only tangled myself in it further. It was tough plastic cord, obviously to a pool cleaning device, and I needed to breathe - desperately. I tried, and I tried but nothing was letting up, I was barely moving closer to the surface. I gave it one major effort and managed to break the surface and gasp in one, huge freezing breath. I was going to die, half naked, in a pool, tangled in pool cleaning wires. Fantastic. I was becoming more and more scared, fustrated, and frightened for my life by the minute, when something grabbed a hole of my waist and pulled me back and to the pool wall, shoving me to the surface. I grabbed ahold of the smooth, concrete side of the pool, gasping and coughing horribly. It took all of my upper body strength to keep me from going back under. The wires lightened up, and a gasp came from behind me, which soon I saw to be Frank as he appeared next to me, gasping for breath to. "Are you fucking stupid?!" he coughed. "Swimming in a dark pool! You could have died!"
"I-I-I.." I stuttured, wanting so badly to cry in shock, but the ball of tears was frozen firmly in my throat.
"-are fucking stupid?! I know!" he said pulling a wire over my head and tossing it into the water. I let go of the edge and wrapped my arms tightly around his neck. He saved my godamned life. Anything he had ever done, ever, was forgiven at this moment. I pulled away from him to say thank you, sincerely. I looked at his sopping wet face, his hair was strewn messily in his large eyes.
"Frank I..."
"It's ok." he whispered. I wish at this point I had recalled the fact that I was only in my underware. He inched his face closer to mine, I could feel his breath on my lips, he closed his eyes and I felt his nose brush against my skin.