Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Reunited

Carlisle looked at me. “What do you mean you are a half vampire?”

Ryan stepped forward. “I believe I can answer that one. I happened to witness your daughter’s car accident, and changing her was the only way she would’ve survived. Like the last human I turned, she turned into a half vampire. She can eat, sleep, cry, and get hurt like a human, but she is as fast and as strong as any vampire and she doesn’t need to drink blood to keep from hurting humans. She has no blood lust.” He said.

I yawned, and stretched, successfully banging my arm, again, against the wall. My eyes started watering. “Ow!” I yelled.

“Did you hit your arm again?” Emmett asked.

I nodded with tears in my eyes.

“We should set that.” Carlisle said. He set my arm and leg, and told me my ribs would heal with time. I yawned again. “Come on, let’s get you to bed.” I nodded, and wrapped my arms around his neck as he carried me to my bed. He sat me down, and I climbed under the covers.

“Wait, daddy?” I said as he started to walk out the door.

He stopped and ran back to my side with his vampire speed. “What is it, baby girl?” He asked, running his hand through my hair.

I smiled tearfully. “I missed you.”

He smiled sadly, and hugged me as tight as he could without hurting me. “I missed you, too. So much….”

“Where is mom and everyone else?” I asked.

He sighed, and ran a hand through his own blond hair. “Well, Esme is grocery shopping to keep up impressions and everyone else is at school.”

“Shouldn’t Emmett be there to?” I asked.

“He needed to hunt.” He said. I nodded, and just snuggled deeper into his cold chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around me. “So, what happened with you and the boy from La Push?” He asked softly.

I felt the tears start to form in my eyes. “He got mad because I wanted to live here. He didn’t like the idea of me living with vampires. I told him that everyone here would never hurt me and then-” I stopped, and took in a shaky breath. “He, he told me that he didn’t know how Jacob could be in love with a leech lover.” After that last sentence, the tears started cascading down my cheeks. “I jumped in my car, and drove off, and then I wrecked.” I said.

“Carlisle, I’m home!” Esme called from downstairs.

“Mom.” I said quietly, but of course, she heard it.

A couple seconds later, she was at the door. “Oh, my baby!” She cried, hugging me tightly.

I ignored the pain in my ribs and arm and hugged her back.

“Carlisle, go call the kids. They’ll want to be here right now.” She said.

Carlisle nodded, and kissed my cheek. “It’s good to have you back, baby girl.” He said, and ran down stairs.

During the time it took Carlisle to call everyone out of school and for them to get here, Esme still hasn’t let go of me.

“Mom, could you help me up? I wanna go downstairs.” I said.

“Sure, baby.” She said, leaning down to pick me up.

“Its okay, Esme. I got her.” Emmett said, coming out of nowhere, picking me up, and carrying me down stairs. He sat me down on a couch, and sat down next to me.

Everyone walked in. “Dylan!” Alice screeched, and launched herself at me.

I laughed, and hugged her back. “Hi, Alice.”

Everyone gave me a hug, and then someone stepped up from the back.

I gasped. “Jessica?!” I asked.

She smiled widely. “Dylan!” She yelled, and we both ran at each other, well, she ran I more or less waddled, and hugged each other tightly.

After a couple minutes, we pulled away, and stared at each other, tears streaming down both of our faces.

“I can’t believe it’s you.” I cried, and rubbed my eyes with my knuckles.

“I know exactly how you feel.” She said, wiping at her own eyes. We smiled at each other.

Reunited at last.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry about the long ass wait. Comment, message, subscribe. Thanks.