Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Insane

Paul and I spent hours getting to know each other. When it was time for me to leave, I didn't want to go. "Come on, Dyls!" Mike shouted from the back of the truck. I turned around to look back at Paul. I shrugged off his jacket.

"Here," I said handing it to him. "Thank you for letting me borrow it." He smiled down at me.

"No problem, Dylan. Give me a call next time you come up here, or if you just want to talk, here's my number," he said, handing me a piece of paper. I looked down at the numbers scribbled across it, and bit my lip shyly.

"I will," I whispered. He smiled again, and bent down to kiss my cheek.

"Bye Dylan."

"Bye Paul." I ran over to the truck, and hopped in the back. The dude sped off, again, making everyone in the back crash into one another. "Oww! Dickweed, get your damn elbow out of my stomach!" I yelled at Eric.

"Sorry!" He yelled back, but it was somewhat muffled since Angela was pretty much suffocatinghim with her hair. The ride home was pretty silent for the rest of the trip. We were dropped off at the diner, and we walked to our houses.

When I walked in, I heard Charlie yell, "thats it! You're going to Jacksonville!" I didn't really want to hear the argument, so I walked up the steps as quickly and as silently as I could to mine and Bella's room. I plopped down on my bed, and sighed.

"Why did they have to leave?" I whispered, and turned on my side, and fell asleep.

The next morning, I woke up to a text from Paul.You heading down to La Push today?

I yawned, then replied with,Do ya want me to?

I sent it with a smile. I got out of bed, and looked over to see Bella still asleep. I quietly walked out of the room, and snickered when I heard Charlie's snoring. I went back into mine and Bella's room and grabbed some clothes.

I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower with my vanilla scented shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. I got out, dried off, then got dressed. I walked back into the bedroom, and looked at my phone.Of course I want you to be here. I smiled. 'He wants to see me?' I thought to myself.

Same place in an hour? We can get some breakfast or something.I closed the phone, and barely a minute later, he replied.

See you there. I closed the phone, and slipped on my shoes, studded pink belt, skull necklace and earrings, and black hat. I grabbed my bag and stuffed my wallet, Ipod, and a jacket, didn't want a repeat of last time, in there. I threw the bag over my shoulder, and woke up Bella.

"Wha?" She mumbled.

"Can you tell Charlie that I went down to La Push, and if he needs to get a hold of me to call my cell?" I asked. She opened her eyes, and looked at me with her now dull brown eyes.

"Sure Dylan. Have fun," she said, and turned back over. I sighed, and stuffed my phone in my back pocket, and walked down the steps. I grabbed my awesome looking skateboard, and skated my way to La Push beach.

PAUL

Paul was sitting on the beach, half an hour early. Ever since he saw Dylan, she's all he could think about. He talked to Sam about it, and Sam told him that he imprinted on her. Paul was never one to ever want to settle down with girl. He was usually with a different girl every weekend, and was never with the same girl twice. Now, here he was, completely worried about seeing a girl he just met, and was head over heels for. He looked at his phone, and saw it was about time.

"Paul!" He looked up to see Dylan waiting there with a skateboard in her hand. He smiled and ran his way up towards her.

"You ready to go eat?" He asked. She nodded.

"Lead the way," she said. She put her skateboard under her arm and fixed the bag on her shoulder on the same arm, then grabbed his hand. He looked down at her, slightly shocked. She just smiled up at him. They made their way to a diner in La Push, and sat there for hours.

"Dylan?" He asked.

"Hmm?"

"Would you like to come to a bon fire with me this weekend?" She bit her lip, then smiled.

"I would love to," she said softly. He let out a breath of relief. He opened his mouth to say something, but the ringing of his phone cut him off.

"Hello?" He answered.

DYLAN

"Hello?" Paul sat on the phone for a couple seconds, then hung up, standing up abruptly.

"Something wrong?" I asked. He glanced at me, somewhat of a frantic look in his eyes.

"No, no. Nothings wrong," he said, pulling money out of his wallet, and placing it on the table. "Look, I'm so sorry, but I've got to cut this short." I nodded.

"I understand," I said softly.

"Will you meet me here tomorrow, at around noon? I promise I will explain everything," he said.

"Sure," I said.

"Thank you," he said, bending down to kiss my cheek, then running out the door. I sighed, and leaned back.

"Well, this was a fun date," I muttered with a slight chuckle. I grabbed my bag and slipped the jacket I brought with me on, then grabbed my skateboard.

When I got back home, I noticed Bella wasn't there. "Where's Bella?" I asked.

"She's hanging out with Jessica today," Charlie said smiling. I smiled back, glad that Bella finally got out of the house. I made my way upstairs, and collapsed on my bed with a sigh. A smile made it's way on my face when I thought about Paul.

'What is it about him that makes me insane?' I thought. I curled up under the blankets and took a nap with a smile on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, I lied. I just wanted to get this out. Hope everyone liked and I want to say a big thank you to Already Insane for being the first person to comment on this story. Comment, message, subscribe. Makes me happy :)