Status: COMPLETED

Can a Shattered Heart Be Put Back Together?

Alice

“Dylan?” Alice asked, looking at me. I nodded, the tears flowing freely down my cheeks.

“Hi Alice,” I whispered. She got up, and wrapped her small arms around me. I hugged her back, taking in her familiar sweet smelling scent. She pulled back slightly, her nose scrunched up like she smelled something bad. I sniffed my shoulder curiously.

“Sorry, you just smell like wet dog.” She said disgusted. I chuckled lightly.

“That doesn’t surprise me.” She looked at me.

“What do you mean?” I sighed.

“Alice, I’m dating a werewolf.” She looked at me shocked.

“Don’t you know how dangerous that is?! Everybody is going to be furious when they find out about this!” She shouted, throwing her hands up in the air in an overly exaggerated movement. I sighed, and rolled my eyes. “How do you even know about them?” She asked more quietly.

“He told me.” I answered.

“He’s not allowed.” She said softly.

“He imprinted on me. He can tell me anything.” I said just as softly. Her eyes widened.

“He imprinted on you? Oh, Dylan. Do you realize how dangerous it is for you to get close to a werewolf? If he phases to close….” She trailed off, her pixie head filling with images of what might happen to me. I walked up to her, and pulled her into another hug.

“I’ll be fine, Alice. Please believe me.” I whispered.

“You are my little sister, D. It’s my job to worry.” She laughed. I missed her laugh. I missed her smell. I missed her smile. Her hair. Face. Everything.

“Why are you here, anyway?” I asked her, she shot a glare at Bella.

“I had a vision of Bella jumping off a cliff.” She said sharply.

“What?” I snapped.

“It looked like fun.” Bella shrugged. I sighed, and rubbed my face slightly.

“As much as I would love to stay here and chat, I have a best friend to take care of.” I walked up the steps and packed some over night clothes. I walked back down the steps, and was stopped by Alice. She grasped the Cullen Crest necklace hanging around my neck, and looked at it.

“You still have it?” She asked in a whisper.

“Of course, I never wanted to forget everybody.” I said in the same hushed tone.

“We regret leaving you behind everyday.” I smiled slightly.

“It’s okay. I understood then, and I understand now.” I waved goodbye to both of them, and climbed into my Lamborghini. When I started the car, my cell phone went off. “Hello?”

Dylan? Are you okay?” I laughed slightly.

“I’m fine, Paul. Why wouldn’t I be?” I asked.

Jacob told us that there was a vampire at Bella’s. Who was it? Is the leech still there?” I sighed.

“Calm down, sweetheart. Yes, there was a vampire at Bella’s, and it was Alice. Yes, she is still here.” I heard Paul growl.

You’re still there?

“Yes, I’m still here. I just started the car when you called.”

Please come back now.” He said, and hung up.

“Love you, too.” I mumbled and pulled out of the drive way, driving back Sam’s. I pulled up to the cute house, and grabbed my bag. I walked in, and still saw Hayley lying on the couch. I pushed back her hair, and her eyes fluttered open. I saw some awareness shining in them.

“You feeling better?” I asked her. She nodded slightly. “Are you tired?” Again, she nodded. She moved over so I could lay down with her. I draped an arm over her lightly, and fell asleep.

The next morning when I woke up, I noticed Hayley wasn’t there anymore. I turned around and gasped when I came nose to nose with a beautiful white wolf. “Hayls?” I asked the wolf. The wolf’s tongue rolled out of its mouth and it licked my cheek. “Yupp, definitely Hayls.” I breathed. She smiled, or at least I think she smiled, and ran out side. I pulled on my jacket and yellow Uggs and walked out the door to see Hayley jog out of the forest, and stop in front of me, smiling like an idiot. I’m sure my face held the same idiotic smile.

“Hiya Dyls, enjoying the day?” She asked. I laughed.

“I just woke up, babe. I haven’t done anything enjoyable.” She laughed with me. “So how do you like it?” I asked.

“It’s kind of weird so far, but everyone said it would be like that at first.” She shrugged. “Oh, and guess what?” She asked.

“What?” I asked boredly.

“Alice and Bella went to Italy to save Edward from the Volturi.” My eyes widened.

What?!