Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Good News

When Cheyenne and Jake got to the resturant, Cheyenne immediately gravitated toward Mollie.

"You look amazing Cheyenne." Mollie squeeled, looking up at Mark then back to her best friend.

"You do look quite gorgeous." Mark smiled.

"Thank you!" Cheyenne smiled back and took turns hugging them.

Jake said "Hi" to Mollie and shook hands with Mark. They were friends, but not really good friends.

"Where's your mom?" Mollie asked, scanning over the parking lot.

"On her way." Cheyenne confirmed.

One her mom got there, she greeted each of them and hugged her daughter along with Mollie, who had been like Cheyenne's sister for several years. They all went inside and sat at the table. The girls conversed and Mollie got to show off her ring again. She was overly excited about not only the proposal but also the wedding plans that she had also begun. They planned to be married the coming winter.

Jake had kept his eyes on Cheyenne possesively several times throughout the night. Maybe it was because he didn't trust her going out later, maybe it's because he felt like he was going to lose her again. Maybe both. Mark pointed out how they weren't engaged yet and Cheyenne felt sick to her stomach.

Cheyenne never honestly put much thought into marriage. Sure she thought that she was going to marrying Jake in the long run, but she was never excited in planning her wedding or having this huge elaborate event all based around her. Jake didn't seem too happy that their relationship status was mentioned, especially at dinner but he seemed to let it go.

"Alright well, I'll see you tonight." Cheyenne said to Jake when they got to the parking lot.

"OK." He looked down at her. "I might not be home when you get home."

Cheyenne nodded and thought to herself : "Figures."

"Well, then I'll see you tomorrow."

Jake nodded and kissed Cheyenne. She had to force herself to kiss back.

Cheyenne got into her mom's car with Mollie and her mother and they drove to The Note. The bar choice was Mollie's, but Cheyenne had secretly hoped that they would choose that bar to begin with. She figured Bam more than likely wouldn't be there, but she could always hope.

"Cheyenne?" Dunn asked once they got up to the bar.

Cheyenne smiled and waved. "Hi Dunn, hi Angie."

"Hey, how are you?" Angie asked.

"Good. This is my mom Amy, and my best friend Mollie. Mom, Mollie, this is Ryan and his wife Angie." She introduced.

They all shared a table and talked without one steady subject. Cheyenne had a few to drink and kept looking through the building for a familiur face.

"He'll be here soon." Dunn whispered to her and Cheyenne turned around to look at him.

"Who?" She questioned.

"Bam, who else are you looking for?" He raised an eyebrow as he noticed her blush. "He'll be here in like ten minutes."

Cheyenne nodded. "Thanks."

Sure enough, Bam was there 10 to 15 minutes later. Cheyenne watched as he walked in with Novak and smiled when she noticed that they had probably been up to no good, just by the look on their faces. Cheyenne watched as he walked up to someone in the bar. She excused herself from her group and went up behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist. She felt him tense at her touch and she giggled slightly.

"Who the fuck?" He said to himself and turned around. "Cheyenne!"

"Bam!" She laughed and hugged him properly, earning herself a hug back.

"I had no idea you'd be here!" He said and smiled.

"Me either."

"Are you drunk?" He laughed.

"No, I've only had 2 drinks."

"Good, I don't like my girls drunk." He smiled slightly.

Cheyenne led him and Novak over to the group and introduced the new people to each other. Novak's eyes landed on Mollie and Cheyenne noticed the smirk appear on his face.

"I hope he knows she's engaged." Cheyenne laughed to Bam.

Bam shook his head. "That won't stop him."

After awhile of talking about how Bam opened the bar and also a few more topics, Bam excused himself as well as Cheyenne from the table.

Cheyenne followed him to the room behind the bar area, most likely for employees.

"I have good news." Bam smiled.

"And what's that?" Cheyenne raised an eyebrow.

"My divorce was settled." He said with an extremely happy face.

Cheyenne giggled and hugged his waist. "That's great news!"

"I was hoping to see you soon so I could tell you."

Cheyenne nodded. "Now we just have to deal with my problem.

"Why isn't he here tonight?"

"Went out to get drunk with his friends." Cheyenne sighed.

"Does that mean you need to spend the night?" He asked and chuckled, trying not to look her up and down.

Bam was hypnotized by her gorgeous legs and how slender her body was. He hated how she never showed this more often. Everything about her truely was amazing. And he hated himself for the way his mind thought. Sometimes it felt like he couldn't wait to make her his in the sexual sense. But as the same time he wanted her for every other reason. As a friend, a lover, a girlfriend, a partner in crime, all of the good stuff put together.

"Well, I might... But we'll see." Cheyenne said and Bam nodded.

"We better get back before people get suspicious." She added.

"Good idea." Bam laughed.

Cheyenne turned to leave but Bam stopped her. "Wait."

"What?" She turned around.

Bam pointed to his lips cutely, mocking what she had done to him. Cheyenne giggled slightly and pressed her lips into his.
♠ ♠ ♠
♥ Comment & suggest!