Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Spying

Image

“I know a good diner where we can get some breakfast.” Bam announced.

“Sounds good.” She smiled as they got into a cab together.

“After we can go to Kat’s place and get our tattoos.”

Cheyenne nodded and held onto his hand for the car ride. When they got there people commented and some stopped Bam for an autograph or picture. Cheyenne smiled but felt a little weird.

“I’m intimidated.” She laughed nervously when they finally sat down.

“Why?” He frowned.

“You have so many fans.” She shrugged. ‘How do I compare to the excitement?’ She thought.

He shrugged as well. “Don’t worry, you get used to everything.”

Cheyenne nodded and smiled slightly. After they ordered, Bam looked across the table at her and smiled. “Know something?” She asked.

“What?”

“I never even gave a damn about falling in love before I met you.”

“Why?”

“Jake ruined my view on things. I figured that I had to stay with him because he made me feel like I wasn’t good enough for anyone else. So I gave up on love.”

“How could you close your heart to love?”

“Well, I don’t know.” She frowned. “Didn’t you feel kind of like that?”

Bam nodded slightly. “But I never closed my heart to you.”

Cheyenne smiled. “I never really did to you. I let you in, well, hesitantly, but what do you expect?”

“I knew that you were hesitant, but you’re careful.”

“I try to be.” She shrugged.

Out of nowhere, Bam’s phone went off and he looked down at the screen. “Hello?”

Cheyenne waited quietly for him to hang up.

“No, I don’t read that shit. Why?” He rubbed his head. “Are you joking? Fuck. OK, thank you.”

“Who was that?” She asked as he hung up.

“Johnny.” He answered.

“What’s wrong?” She frowned.

“Just enjoy breakfast.” He smiled.

She nodded and sighed. When they got their food, both ate in silence. Cheyenne looked up at him and tilted her head to the side, rubbing her foot on his leg. When he stopped eating and looked up at her she giggled and looked down. Bam smiled and did the same in return to her.

“God you’re fuckin’ cute.” He laughed and finished eating.

Chey smiled and looked at him. “Thank you for breakfast.”

“You’re welcome.” He smiled back and led her out. “We’re walking distance from Kat’s, it’s not that far at all.”

“That’s fine.” She nodded and naturally reached out for his hand. “I’m paying for yours.”

“My tattoo? No Chey, don’t worry about it.”

“My design, it’s on me.” She smiled and looked at him.

Bam sighed. “Fine, but this is the only time.”

“Say you.” She laughed and walked with him.

“Do you want to know what Johnny called about?” He asked after a minute or two of silence.

She simply nodded.

“Do you read any of those like lifetime magazines or shit like that? Like celebrity stuff?”

“No, not really. Why?”

“Well…you’re in one.”

Cheyenne’s eyes widened. “What are you talking about?”

“Our picture, and a picture of you, are in a magazine.”

“Are you fucking serious?! How did someone get my picture?!” She said, absolutely outraged, pulling him to a news stand.

“Someone saw us together and must have taken a picture or something.” He frowned.

Cheyenne let go of his hand and grabbed a magazine off the stand. The cover of the magazine had a picture of Bam and her, holding the hands and walking through the L.A. airport. The picture was definitely not taken by a professional.

“Bam Margera with a new girl?” She read from the cover of the magazine, paying for it. She stormed off to a bench and Bam followed shortly behind her.

She sat on the bench and stared at the cover. The whole cover was the picture of her and Bam holding hands in the airport. There was another picture of just her in the corner, labeled “Bam’s new mystery woman”, a picture of her and Bam kissing, and then another of her walking with all of the boys.

“I wish I could murder whoever did this.” She frowned and opened to the page that had a spread about them.

“I’m sorry Chey, I should have know that something like this would happen.”

“Bambi, don’t think that this is your fault, it was bound to happen.” She frowned and rubbed his hand. “Bam Margera was caught walking through the L.A. airport with this new mystery woman after only a week or so after his divorce from Missy Rothestein was finalized. We have no source as to what this girl’s name is, but she is quite the catch (what else do you expect from Bam Margera!). As of now, we do not have any statements from Missy, but she must have a rather big opinion on Bam’s rebound so soon after their divorce.” She read, anger in her voice. “I am not a rebound!”

“Wow, that’s such bullshit. Who gives a fuck if I have a girlfriend?”

Cheyenne sighed and looked up at him. “This means people are going to be coming up to us left and right and will be spying.”

“Yeah, I know.” He frowned. “I’m sorry, I wanted this to be fun.”

“We have to make the best out of the worst situation.” She smiled, trying to reassure him. “In Texaswe’ll be secluded, don’t worry.”

Even though she was as angry and irritated as Bam, she wanted to make him happy. This wasn’t his fault and she didn’t want him to feel like it was.

Bam nodded and looked at her. “Let’s go get our tattoos.”

Cheyenne stuffed the magazine in her purse and followed along with him to Kat’s. “Are you really going to get the tattoo I drew?”

“Hell yeah.” He smiled and squeezed her hand. “Are you getting my shitty design?” He laughed.

“Yes I am.” She laughed.