Sequel: Ready When You Are
Status: Finished.

About Falling

Best Thing

Image

Cheyenne rested her head on Bam's shoulder and he held her close to him. She closed her eyes and kept her own hand tight in his. She sighed deeply and looped at him after awhile.

"What?" He asked, stopping their swaying.

"I...I don't know, this just feels like a dream. Like I should be waking up back in bed."

Bam chuckled slightly. "This is all very real."

Chey nodded and yawned.

"Why don't we order some takeout and rent a hotel room to have a little night alone?" He suggested.

"I'd love that." She smiled.

Bam pulled away and grabbed his stuff from the table. Cheyenne grabbed her iPod and purse and walked beside him down a seperate path than where Dico had led her. Bam's blue Lambo waited for them in a parking lot. They were in a small town, and she noticed that a small Italian resturant must have provided them with the food they didn't eat.

"Do you want to call in our food and we'll pick it up on our way to the hotel?"

"Sure." She nodded and took out her phone. After she called, she sat in the passenger seat, admiring the beautiful ring on her finger.

"Should I wait until tomorrow to tell my family?"

"Yeah, just so tonight is all us."

"Did you ask my dad?" She asked after a minute or two of silence.

"Yeah, I did in Texas."

"A month ago?" She asked.

"Yeah, I just wanted to know if I could take your hand in marriage..He was uncomfortable just because of Jake, but a day or two after I asked he said I could ask you. I've been planning for so long. I was so afraid you'd say no."

"Why would I have said no?"

Bam shrugged slightly.

"Do your parents know?" She nodded.

"They know I bought the ring, they don't know what you said yet. I'll tell them tomorrow."

"OK." She smiled.

Bam ran inside and bought their food after a little bit of a drive. They had talked about simple things until then. Like if they wanted to have an engagement party, when they would announce it to the media, if they wanted their wedding plans on TV like Missy's were, and simpler things. Cheyenne looked out the window to see flashes following Bam. She sighed deeply. She knew that the paparazzi had found him, and now they'd likely follow him.

Bam got back in the car and started driving to find a hotel. "Damn people, they can never just give you space."

Cheyenne frowned and sighed. "Are they following us now?"

"Most likely."

"I'm sorry, Bam."

"Don't be sorry." He looked over at her and grabbed her hand, kissing it. "It's not you're fault, I just don't want you to be upset if they see the ring and announce it."

"Let them, I'm not ashamed to be engaged to you. I happy, let them talk about it. It's not like a random person's opinion is going to get me down." She said simply.

Bam nodded and smiled. "Let's just enjoy our night."

She nodded as well and watched him park the lambo close to the doors of the hotel to avoid most people. He carried their food and Cheyenne made sure she had her purse and phone before getting out and making her way over to them. Some people had followed them and were taking pictures, but it wasn't an insane amount of people.

Bam went to the front desk and bought them a room for the night, leading her to the elevators. She smirked at him as he leaned back against the side of the elevator and she stood in front of him, resting her head on his chest.

"Thank you for everything."

"Don't thank me." He smiled and kissed the top of her head.

When they got in the hotel room, Cheyenne took off her heels and jacket and took her hair out, letting the curls fall down. Bam smiled at her and sat on the bed, taking out their food. She sat cross-legged next to him and turned the TV on and turned it to a movie that was on, The Hangover.

Bam handed her the food she ordered and smiled. "Cheyenne, thank you."

"For what?" She looked at him.

"For letting me buy you that shirt when I spilt hot chocolate on you."

"Why?" She laughed.

"Because if you hadn't, I never would have met the best thing that's ever happened to me."