It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Twelve

Ed’s POV

Elena lay in a light sleep on the floor for a while. I was still on high alert as to pre-warn her for feet to come down the stairs. Although luckily nothing had been heard yet. The dripping of water onto concrete was actually comforting now that i had grown accustomed to it.

I tried to fidget against the ropes a little bit but they were to tight to move and instead i had to stop as i felt them burn against my skin. I hadn’t realised until then how cold it actually was down here as a shudder ran down the centre of my spine. My mind starting to run into thought, hoping that Alex and the others were currently trying to find us, surely they would be wouldn’t they. I couldn’t have doubts on my best friend.

I was drawn out my thought stream by Elena stirring from her sleep. She moved then remembering where she was her eyes looking up at me the fear apparent in them so bad. I wanted to hug her close to my body, keep her safe from whatever we would endure until we were rescued from this place.

I heard footsteps then and took in a deep breath, I was ready i was just going to face this now and Elena nodded at me seeming to know what i was thinking and agreeing with me that we would fight through this the best we could. I watched the door open and legs descend as the door shut behind them. The torch light shone across the floor hitting my face first as i looked up at the person holding it.

I recognised the face that i saw instantly and a low growl emitted from my throat. It was her, my ex Lucy. Her black hair hung loosely around her shoulders as i looked up at her, a grin spreading over her face, kind of satanic.

‘Glad to see your with us again Eddie.’

I let another growl erupt my throat as i fidgeted a little in my anger before stopping due to the sharp burning in my wrists. No-one but Elena and the rest of the household called me by my nickname.

‘Now that’s no way to respond to your host, and yes you will only hurt yourself fidgeting. Still as idiotic as ever i see.’

I just stared as Lucy turned her attention onto Elena.

‘Ahh you too have awoke, shame little Eddie here had to drag you into this mess, so silly of him to torture such a sweet girl as you.’

Elena’s eyes looked over at me before looking back up at Lucy. She knew who Lucy was, Elena had known about our relationship and seen pictures unlike most fans. I watched to see what Lucy would do but instead she turned to face me again.

‘You on the other hand Eddie deserve everything your going to get, including been the witness to what happens to poor little Elena here.’

I felt a lump form in my throat as i took in that it was bad news ahead of us. I glanced at Elena who had turned as white as a ghost whilst i looked over apologetically, her nodding that she accepted this, probably thinking that i dated a psycho. Which it seems i had. Ten points to me for been an idiot on who i dated.

Lucy stood closer to me and i prepared my body for whatever would be thrown at me next, my gut had recovered thankfully from the boot hitting it. Lucy lent down on her knees however before pulling me up by the scruff of my neck her face close to mine.

I hope this hurts to high hell cause it’s going to get a lot worse to, and you can forget been fed to, you can suffer for what a jerk you and your stupid friends were. She then grabbed a fistful of my hair with her other hand instead holding me up by this method. I tried to keep a straight face as it tugged at my scalp holding my tongue knowing it would only make it worse.

She dropped me back and i winced as my back and shoulder smacked off the concrete. As i drew in a couple of shaky breaths a boot came at my gut again kicking strongly causing me to feel sick. I let out a low moan at the pain been caused the only thing i could manage as a hand suddenly grabbed my throat.

‘This is only the beginning my dear Eddie, you can’t imagine what’s to come.’

I was gasping for breath as she tightened her hand around my throat before letting go as Elena let out a low sob. As the hand released my throat again i gasped for air that i hadn’t been able to get. The air entering my body now burnt my throat as i tried to control my breathing, my head and shoulder pounding whilst my gut throbbed.

I looked over to see that Lucy had pulled Elena closer to the wall, Elena now thrown against it her head hitting it but she fought to keep her eyes open. Lucy held Elena’s shoulders to the wall, before slapping Elena across the face in a loud crack as skin hit skin.

I shut my eyes briefly as Lucy pushed Elena to the floor again where she was left before Lucy decided to head back upstairs and leave us there. I looked over to Elena who had tears now running down her cheeks as she winced at the pain from hitting the wall and been hit across the face.

My own eyes couldn’t contain their tears to see the girl i had fallen for already been hurt, and it was my own fault to. I couldn’t let this go on, but it seemed we had no choice. Lucy would do what she could until stopped, i knew it.

I lay there for a while as Elena’s tears dried away slowly. I looked into her eyes.

‘I’m sorry, i wish you weren’t here, it’s me that deserves everything here.’

‘Ed don’t be stupid, i love you, she’s going through me before you, you deserve nothing but to be happy and free of people like this.’

I nodded before whispering the words that truly meant something now I had found Elena.

‘I love you too.’

Elena smiled slightly well that was until the door flew open again. I took in another breath and Elena turned to face Lucy as she darted down the stairs. I watched Lucy as she headed straight to me first her hand around my throat again.

‘What was that i heard you whispering up their, love someone do we little Eddie, well watch them fall into a state where you can’t speak to them now.’

I swore i saw a red flash in her eyes as she spoke the words through clenched teeth the anger ever present in her voice. She let me go again and i coughed slightly at the rush of air back into my lungs.

Lucy headed toward Elena now who was scrunched up in a ball in an attempt to protect herself. Lucy picked Elena up by the neck of her top slamming her so hard into the wall pieces of brick crumbled away as a dark stain marked the brick to. I tried to keep my breath calm as i watched the one i love fight for my sake. She shouldn’t do this.

Elena was now stood up straight her legs bound together at the knees and her arms bound behind her back to. I could see her trying to fidget with the rope behind her back slowly wearing it away on the wall too as Lucy stood her in face holding her against the wall by her throat.

‘Leave her alone, please,’

I just about managed to get the words out as Lucy turned letting go of Elena who dropped against the wall in a sitting position her head resting against the brick. I could see she was in pain and knew she was losing some blood as well, i had to prevent it somehow. It also gave her time to burn away the rope against the brick.

Lucy stood closer to me before walking over to the far wall. I knew she had picked something up i just didn’t know what. She laughed as panic shot across my face as she headed towards Elena again, striking her once with a bat, Elena slumping down the wall in a now unconscious state.

‘Nooooooo, you vile Bitch, what are you doing.’

‘What did i say, you would watch her change so she can’t talk to you.’

Another growl escaped my throat as Lucy took the bat in two hands and walked toward me. Whatever i got i deserved but not Elena she deserved to be free of this and having nothing to do with this at all.

Lucy pulled the bat above her head before bringing it down onto my stomach. I held in the want to shout out in pain, gritting my teeth instead. She then struck again this time hitting my ribs, i heard a loud crack as pain shot through the whole chest, at least one broken rib, and i winced before i could feel a boot pounding against me gut. The last blow i received was Lucy’s fist in my face, causing blood to flow freely down my nose as i felt my cheek start to swell. I closed my eyes at that point embracing the pain that swam in my body. Lucy laughed as she threw the bat across the basement and headed back upstairs.

I opened one eye to look up at Elena, at least she wasn’t feeling pain now, i just wished i could know she was alright in the state she was in, maybe she was safer unconscious then Lucy would leave her until Lexi and those got to us. I had confidence in them to get to us.