It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirteen

Amy’s POV

As i finished the mug of coffee that sat in front of me, the silence between us all made it obvious at how concerned we all were about Ed and Elena. Had they gotten lost, had they been hurt, where had they gotten to? I just wanted them to walk in now and allow us to breathe a sigh of relief. I decided i had to break the silence we had to start moving to find them and we needed some way of starting.

‘Has anyone tried their mobiles yet?’

‘No, but sounds like a good start.’

Gary responded to me, as me and Alex both pulled out our mobiles. I phoned Elena as he phoned Ed. I pressed call quickly and placed the phone to my ear to receive the automated message of this ‘mobile is switched off please try later.’ I put the phone down turning to look at Gary.

‘It’s off.’

‘Ed’s too’

‘Their phones are never off this must be something bad going on, we have to find them before the show tonight!’

I got up so quickly from my seat that i nearly fell head over heels. Alex placed a hand around my waist stopping me still as the others slowly got up.

‘We will all split into pairs and go looking for them, they have to be somewhere.’

Gary was the one with the wise words now as he sent me and Lex to retrace the walk we had taken back to the hotel last night. The rest would cover different nearby streets and hotels to see if they had been seen anywhere. I was out the door quicker than anything, Alex having to jog to keep up.

As i got onto the route we had taken i slowed to a walk again Alex placing an arm back onto my waist as he caught up on his breath.

‘Amy, calm down we will find them, i know this isn’t like them but we will find them. I promise.’

‘What if they are hurt though, why would they have their phones off unless someone had taken them off them and was hurting them?’

‘Amy, your jumping to the worst case scenario, let’s just walk the route and see what we find first, try and stay calm, I’m worried to, this isn’t like Ed at all.’

I nodded as i paid attention to the streets we had walked down last night. I was taking in every little thing, checking the pavement for any items that could have been dropped or anything.

***********************
Alex’s POV

I knew this was nothing like Ed to have his mobile off. As me and Amy walked down the street in which Ed and Amy had disappeared off last night, i couldn’t help but let my mind run with Amy’s worries.

What if Ed had been hurt what if they couldn’t contact us cause they were held somewhere. My best friend had vanished off the face of the earth right behind me, my girlfriends best friend to. Something bad had to of occurred, my gut rolled as i thought through it slowly.

I stopped suddenly before throwing up in a nearby bin. Amy placed a hand on my back until i was OK again. My stomach settled quickly enough again as i slowly stood up not wanting to make myself hurl again.

‘Lexi, it’s getting to you, let’s get back to the others, get this gig over then we have an extra day of searching? Ed and Elena wouldn’t want you ill.’

‘Amy, I’m OK honestly, I want to find them as much as you do, let’s get what we can do now, it’s just cause I’m worrying.’

I took a piece of Gum from Amy as she nodded in reaction, she already knew i was stubborn and it was true. We got to the restaurant not noticing anything yet and turned back to head exactly the same way.

My eyes now focused completely on the pavement as we walked back down the same stretch of road. There had to be something here that we had missed i was more determined than ever now. My eyes scanned every side road every pavement edge to find something.

As we got toward the siding into an alleyway i stopped dead in my tracks. Amy nearly stumbled over at my sudden stop so i tightened my arm around her waist supporting her as she backed up slightly. She turned to look into my face as i stared down at the ground. She took in what was obviously readable on my face as my eyes stared down at the ground.

Right there were drag marks in the dirt, as i looked closer i could see a dark fluid also spattered slightly. I got onto my knees as Amy wearily stood closer. Blood. I jumped up and hugged Amy tight, she looked up into my eyes knowing exactly what thought line i was on from that instant.

My phone started to ring as i held her close to my chest to prevent both of us from breaking into pieces. It was Gary he had found nothing and wanted us back to the venue immediately as the gig still had to go on. We had the story that Ed was ill that was all we could use to protect the fans form finding out for now.

We ran back down the street taking note of the named street/alleyway we were beside knowing we had to come back there, it was relevant now. As we got to the venue both me and Amy out of breath Gary looked concerned.

‘We need to get this gig over quick, I’m not waiting around to meet fans, i can’t. We might of found something to help. We have to go back there the second we have finished tonight.’

Gary could only nod in reaction as i headed into the venue completing sound check quickly before spending the rest of the time sat in the dressing room in thought. I had Amy tucked under one arm, she just sat there staring at the wall also in thought. She rested her head against my shoulder and i kissed her head, letting her know we would find them and not to worry. I was beside myself as stage time dawned and Amy took up her post.

I played out to the crowd with Brian standing in for the apparently ill Ed, as far as fans were concerned. The rest of the band could tell i was by now disorientated, unknown as to why still. As we played the start to courtroom i had suddenly skipped to the penultimate verse of the song without realising. The fans looked confused at my disoriented state upon the stage. They said nothing knowing mistakes could happen. The whole set i had to try and concentrate, something that normally came so naturally when performing. As we played the outro to the set an hour later i handed my guitar to another of the techs before disappearing backstage and getting changed.

The rest of the band joined soon, before Amy to joined. Gary followed in informing us the roadies were under the charge of Brian for packing up and were then given the next day to do whatever they liked. The roadies knew what was going on and knew best to leave us to sort it, we were the best to know what Ed was like and so they instead sat in the hotel praying for the best outcome. They wanted the news if we found him though, those to having known him before concerned. Before i ran out the doors i stopped, we had a few things to sort out first. I sat down trying to keep as still as possible, not wanting to make myself ill again my been a little to jumpy. Amy settled next to me holding my hand which comforted me a little as the rest settled onto seats for us to get our plan arranged.