It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Twenty

Alex’s POV

I woke up a few hours later and sat up. As my head raised itself off the stained mattress i felt the pounding headache. The sign from a raging hangover that i would be suffering with all day. I wondered if Gary had heard where i had gotten to, if anyone knew where i had vanished to infact. If it was Gary fetching me from this building then my god my headache would be double what it is now.

I sat there for a while, time wasn’t something i could check since my phone had been confiscated and used to contact someone to fetch me no doubt now that it was morning. The sun lit the corridor outside of the cell i was within and i longed to just have Gary shouting at me already. I wonder if Amy had found out where i had gone from Steve and more than likely almost murdered Steve for been so stupid.

As i sat there an officer approached my cell door opening it with a key and nodding for me to move and get out. I stood outside the cell and followed the officer up to the reception area of the shabby station in silence. That was the strange thing, the prison itself was dead silent, nothing stirred as if death had consumed everything within the four walls. I continued walking my head low as we got to the reception. I started to twiddle my thumbs and play with my hair nervously as i was bought to a standstill.

I raised my eyes to see two officers stood in front of me talking and behind them Gary. He looked over at me and his face was full of rage but there seemed to be some sort of relief as well. The officer nodded allowing me to go and join Gary who gave me a glare before leading the way out to the repaired tour bus.

As we reached the door he opened it getting in and me sitting beside him before all hell was let loose on my ears.

‘What the fuck were you doing driving after drinking that much. I’ve never seen Amy so upset, she nearly murdered Steve and Ali as well. Alex you really aren’t the most sensible guy i know. You ever do that again and i won’t pay to get you back out, the Germans are strict as it is.’

‘I’m sorry Gary, i really am. It won’t happen again i swear.’

I couldn’t even face to turn to look at him as he started up the engine of the bus.

‘The guys have left that coach station we are meeting them half way up the motorway with this bus. You might want to phone your girlfriend and apologise for the worry you caused her. And poor Eddie to in fact. It happens again and i will leave you there to rot Davies’

I nodded receiving my phone from Gary’s hand as i wondered up the bus making phone calls. The only problem was the phones were just ringing out and no-one was answering. No band members at all. Maybe they were all still asleep.

*************************************************
Elena’s POV

After finding out at 4 am this morning that Gary was going to get Alex from the police station i headed over to a worried Amy to inform her Alex was safe. She had already nearly tore Ali and Steve’s heads off before we had left the coach station this morning and Ali was now avoiding her until she had cooled off a bit. Which i had to admit was wise after letting Alex drive in that state.

I was sat at the front of the stand-in bus at the minute just talking to Ed. None of us had moved any of our stuff from the usual bus when it had broken down and so hadn’t been able to get changed yet after last night. I rested my head on Ed’s shoulder and his arm looped around my back. I smiled kissing him on the lips gently before looking out over the road as the driver headed to the meeting place.

Before long we had pulled up to the meeting place and were sat relaxing for a while. That was until the lights all suddenly flicked off in the bus. I looked around to see the driver looking confused as he checked all the dials. I heard his door open and he got off to check the outer control panel thing.

I could feel heat stating to build up on the bus, presuming the fan was stuck on heat as it was playing up. The lights had pulled the bus into complete darkness almost and as i sat there i heard more feet head toward me and Ed. Soon Ali and Teddy had joined us and were going to go stand out on the road cause it was too hot on the bus and me and Ed joined them. The sweat was starting to appear on my face from the heat of the bus before Dan also joined us but at more of a jog as he escaped the bus.

As Dan stepped his feet onto the road half of the bus went up in flames with the driver running around to our side and pulling us away. Dan had stood back and done a quick head count checking we were all off as the other tour bus appeared in the distance down the road.

I looked over to Dan has he counted and re counted to realise we were down my one person. Amy.

‘Amy’s still on board, oh crap what if she’s trapped?’

Dan was panicking now knowing he couldn’t step back on board either. In fact i could see panic on everyone’s face as we realised that Amy was still on board. Where on the bus was she? Was she still moving trying to get free?

*******************************************
Amy’s POV

Whilst i was lay in my bunk waiting for Alex’s arrival again after his stupidity act the lights in the bunk went out. I tapped the bulb thinking it was playing up but it did nothing. I stuck my head out the curtain to be hit by a strong heat wave running down the bus. Maybe the electric was playing up and the heater was stuck on. I put my head back in the curtain expecting to hear some voices but i heard nothing.

After another five minutes or so i couldn’t take the heat and wanted to know what the others were doing. I stepped out of my bunk and as i went to walk down the corridor felt the bus jerk violently.

I steadied myself again before noticing smoke starting to fill the air around me causing me to cough. I took a further step forward knowing i had to get off the bus. As i did i saw the flames licking at the back of the bus starting to gain on me at a decent speed. As i stepped further forward i heard a loud crack overhead. I went to look up to see what it was but before i could a huge piece of bus flooring and melted metal were piled onto me, pinning my legs to the floor. I felt the pain surge through my legs and also my head as the force crushed me to the floor almost. I pulled my hand sin front of my face to see they were black and to see them cut and grazed as more smaller pieces of burning debris fell to the floor around me.

I struggled to try and free myself but it was too heavy. The smoke was filling my lungs up way to much now and i started to feel weak and dizzy. My chest ached as i coughed more trying to free my lungs of the smoke. It was no good i was stuck and my lungs were giving in as my throat burnt unable to get enough oxygen to my body. The black soon cascaded over me as the heat made my body sweat and i fell under the pull of unconsciousness taking in one last gasp for air.