It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Twent-Four

Amy’s POV

I watched Alex follow Dan back into the room, Ed following behind his arm on Alex’s shoulder. Alex looked up at me confused, his eyes were red and tear tracks were evident running through into his stubble.

He sat down on the chair not saying anything, Dan sitting on the end of the bed as i pulled my blanket up a little for some extra warmth.

‘Alex, I have some explaining to do, a fair bit infact.’

I watched his eyes connect with mine, noting the honest truth within them he nodded for me to continue and so i did.

‘What you read was not about you, the last song. I know how it could of been taken but it was because of you that i feel that way about an ex boyfriend. He messed me up really bad, cause of him i couldn’t stay with a guy for very long at all before issues crept up, that was until you came along. When i met you everything changed, it suddenly became perfect. For that Alex i thank you, i love you and i always will, never fear that i won’t. That song was about my ex though nothing to do with you at all.’

‘i, didn’t know, I’m sorry i thought that Amy, i really am. Forgive me please, i never knew that i had such a good effect for you. You made my life complete to and i will always love you to.’

With that Alex stood up taking my hand in his as he kissed my lips gently. I smiled up at him glad that had been cleared, i looked over to see Dan smiling to, something i hadn’t seen him do since before the fire. Alex sat beside me on the bed his long legs and large feet hanging over the edge as his arm wrapped around my shoulder. I placed my head on his shoulder glad to have him and the other guys here.

Elena started to move then finally, and i looked up at her as she looked confused at all the faces looking at the book like it was poison on occasion.

‘What did i miss?’

‘Elena, you didn’t tell them about the lyrics?’

‘What ly.... Ohh.. Shit sorry Amy, did it cause an issue.’

‘Just a slight confusion all sorted now but next time please do inform people.’

Everyone had by now turned to look at Elena as if to say you knew. I laughed as panic spread on her face probably thinking she was about to get mauled by five men. They turned back to me now confused at my laughter as i just pointed at Elena before starting to cough again. It was when that happened that alex calmed me down lay me back against the pillow like a child and told me to rest.

I looked up at him from under the edge of the blanket that covered up til my eyes now watching him. He smiled messing up my hair slightly as i grumbled a tad before Gary walked in.

‘Alex, she’s ill no tormenting or annoying!.’

‘S..sorry Gary or should i say dad?’

‘watch it, come on you have a show to play in a couple of hours move it, Elena i need your help to please.’

The rest of the group gathered there things said goodbye and i wished them good luck and that i would see them afterwards. I settled down comfortably in the bed as alex stood there not moving.

‘Alex, move your going to be late.’

‘I, don’t want to leave you. Not here on your own, i will worry and i want to make sure your ok.’

‘Alex I’m in a hospital don’t worry i will be fine, infact i be even see you on the bus afterwards, go play no. Please for me?’

‘But... But.... Fine.’

I knew that glaring at him slightly would work enough and Gary smiled as Alex slowly trotted to the door before watching me through the window until he was out of window to look through.

Once they had gone i let out a breath placing the oxygen mask back on my face. I was determined to be out of this building before it became midnight and to do that i couldn’t cough as bad as i was. A nurse soon came to check me over and said that she would discharge me at 10pm. I smiled glad i was going to be getting out but then realised i would have to wait for Gary to get back to go home.

***********************************
Ed’s POV

Alex was so disorientated during the show it was untrue. He forget some of his lyrics, luckily the crowd helped out wit that one but he messed up a few of his solo’s to. When i checked over my shoulder i could see Gary pacing backstage worried whether Alex would actually complete the show.

I had never known alex worry this much before, he knew Amy was safe in hospital though so i didn’t fully understand his worry. Although i suppose seeing her would help reassure him. After the show finally finished after a few more mess up’s where by Alex skipped one of the choruses of Solaris we exited the stage the fans screaming as we vanished.

Once we got backstage Alex ran up to the dressing room changing before dragging me, who had only managed to change my t-shirt, just out of the door and into a taxi that was already there.

He told the taxi driver we were going to the local hospital and within ten minutes we were heading into the long corridors towards Amy’s room again.

‘Alex, Gary will kill us cause of the fans.’

‘Amy’s a bit more important at the minute, i want to now she’s ok.’

‘Be on your head it is then’