It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty-One

Elena’s POV

I could feel my head start to pound against my skull, but within minutes it was painless again. I could here whispers around me as my mind started to think. I remembered been really cold, feeling ill and hitting the floor. That was it, what had happened. I could only guess by the beeps around me that i was once again in a hospital bed. I knew that once my eyes opened i would see crisp bed sheets, white walls and seven people looking at me.

I listened hard and could make out one distinct voice. That crystal tone, that voice that was so light but at the moment was so serious, not in it’s usual happy tone, unless of course he was been wound up by a certain Mr Davies. Ed’s voice was that one that drifted into my ears so easily before i decided now was when to open my eyes.

As i focused is aw Ed’s face first, his gorgeous smile growing by the moment as i smiled back at him. His warm hand touched my cheek gently and i placed mine onto his, soon he kissed my forehead, his sweet breath swirling down my face and making my smile grow more. I looked up into his hazel eyes, unable to take my own eyes off his, his perfect skin glowing slightly in the light of the room.

As i looked over the room i could see Alex sat in a chair, his eyes on a window where i scanned over to see Amy sat there looking out, her knees folded up her arms wrapped around her legs.

“A...Amy?”

Her head shot around as she got up, almost sprinting at me.

“Your awake, oh good, how you feeling ?”

“I’m fine, you know me well enough, don’t worry”

“That is true, so glad to see you awake again”

Once everyone had sort of swarmed around me a nurse came in and informed me of what was going on, that i was been kept in for a week of tests and observations and if all was good i could go home then. It was a good job there were no more shows to do really.

**************************

I was let out after the week given the all clear, Gary mentioned that the next ferry wasn’t able to leave until two days time because of the weather conditions and so we were staying in a hotel for the next two nights.

Me and Ed were sat in our room, having not long woken up from our first nights sleep. He kneeled on the bed placing a gentle kiss on my lips, his arm hooking around my hips, i smiled pulling myself closer to him by putting my arms around his neck, kissing back. The smell of aftershave lingered in my nose as we shared more passionate kisses, his topless body warm and skin so soft. How had i gotten someone so perfect, someone so caring.

The moment was broken momentarily as both of us looked toward the hotel wall, through i could hear giggling then yelling before a deeper laugh took over. After that i heard a thud against the all before the words, ‘Alex Davies, there’s a wall their and I’m sure Elena and ed won’t appreciate us disturbing their sleep or whatever they get up to’.

I looked back at Ed who wore a cheeky grin on his face.

“So it’s whatever we get up to is it, although sounds like they are having fun.”

I giggled as Ed kissed my lips again, his hand running gently through my hair as we settled down comfortably. I kissed back before laying my head onto his bare chest, the sound of his heart right beside my ear, my own beating in time with it. His arm around me made me feel safe, made me feel and cared for. I looked up into his eyes, that had that glint i loved to them.

“I love you Edward Minton”

“I love you too, more than i could ever express in words alone.”

My heart melted as a smile once again graced my face, placing a kiss on his cheek, in return him placing one of the tip of my nose. We lay there for another ten minutes or so before getting ourselves ready. I sat on the bed placing my shoes on as Alex and Amy seemed to start up again.

“Amy, where you put my converse, where are my socks too?”

“I don’t know where did you put them?”

“Would i be asking if i knew that? You have to of moved them?”

“I’ve not touched anything, Alex look for them instead of sitting there, it might help.”

“I can see you grinning where you put them?... Right that’s it missus”

With that a loud scream, known only to well to be of Amy’s pitch was heard before shouting commenced.

“Alexander put me back on the floor right now!!!!”

“When i get my shoes and socks back i will”

I smiled grabbing my camera quickly, Ed giving me a knowing look as we opened their door, which they hadn’t locked oddly enough and i started taking pictures, Ed armed with the camcorder.

“Alex, floor now!!!!”

“No”

I snapped a picture of him sticking his tongue out as he realised us stood there, swinging Amy around allowing her to see.

“Ed, put that camcorder down...Alex i can see your shoes fro here you idiot, and some socks in a ball to”

Alex dropped May onto the bed who kind of sprung back off it like it was a trampoline and standing to her feet as alex walked over to where his shoes and a pair of socks lay.

“You must of chucked them their whilst we were wrestling this morning.”

“Oh so that’s what we heard you pair doing was it..”

I laughed as Amy’s expression changed to shock,

“Sorry did we wake you?”

“No we were awake, we got concerned though haha”

“Oh good, it was king klutz over here that started it.”

Ed and me stood in complete hysterics and the new nickname Alex had gained, that was one he hadn’t been given by Amy yet. I leaned against Ed’s side him wrapping an arm around me and again kissing my head.

“You two ready for shopping then? Oh and there’s a meal booked for tonight, the couple’s get some privacy Gary is occupying the other circus monkey’s with something else.”

Amy smiled more and nodded the two of them following behind out of their hotel room.

“hang on did you say shopping?”

“yes Alex i did.”

“What no i HATE shopping!”

“Oh stop been a woman and move, i will buy you two coffee’s if you come.”

“Fine.”

I laughed as i saw Amy control her boyfriend so well already, she had him figured out completely already as he held hands with her. The two boys soon went racing for the lifts after we caught the rest of the group and me and Amy stood laughing as both nearly lost their jeans. I was glad everything was back to normal now and that we were able to enjoy our last couple of days in Ireland without anyone ill or cooped up.

I had to admit i was looking forward to the meal tonight though. Me and Ed sharing a romantic meal together, that apparently he had planned. When the time came after Alex had complained around all the shops, the two lads headed into mine and Ed's room, whilst me and Amy stood in her and Alex's room getting ready.

Amy placed on a strapless red dress, it was to her knees with a gorgeous gemstone detail around the top of the dress with ruffles all the way down it with a silver diamante broach on the right hand hip of the dress. She looked stunning in it and i was sure that Alex’s eyes were going to leave his head when he saw her.

I stood in a pleated satin boob tube style dress, the boob are been in a cream colour and the rest a black satin that ran to my knees. I looked in the mirror and was shocked to see how different i looked. As hair curlers and straightners heated the door knocked lightly.

I opened it revealing Gary, Dan, teddy and Ali all stood there, dressed in shirts and ties and looking ready to go out no doubt drinking somewhere. I saw each of them look over at Amy and at myself, there eyes showing jealously towards their band mates at the moment.

“You pair look stunning, I’m sure you shall turn some heads tonight, just to let you know me and these monkey’s are heading off now and we shall meet you in a few hours, call us when you go to leave and we will tell you where to head to.”

“ok then, have fun and Gary i wish you look.”

Gary looked up half grimacing as i waved them goodbye before closing the door and finishing getting ready. Amy straightened my hair for me before sorting out my fringe. I curled her hair and both placed on our shoes, opting for flat shoes in the snow that was still outside for getting in and out of cabs.

At 7 pm exactly the door knocked again and i stood behind it the two boys walking in before they saw us. Alex stood their in a pair of pinstripe trousers a crisp white shirt with a grey tie that was actually fastened properly to his neck, a blazer hanging neatly on him, his hair had been straightened and neatened, no doubt Ed’s work.

I looked over at Amy who stood looking at alex almost in shock that he could look smart at any time. His eyes however were on his girlfriend his jaw hung open.

“You look...even more gorgeous than normal.”

With that he walked over and kissed her delicately.

Ed however was stood beside me, i saw him look at me his eyes showing astonishment. He stood there looking amazing. He wore plain black trousers, a white shirt red cravat and a cream waistcoat, which was finished off with a black jacket. His hair feel perfectly into place around his face as he stood slightly smiling at me.

“as if my amazing girlfriend could be even more attractive, you pull jeans and t-shirts of so well so no wonder you look amazing in a dress.”

Ed kissed my lips before taking my hand and leading me out the room.

The restaurant was amazing, it had to be one of the top ones in the city as we walked up the steps and inside a beautifully furnished room. We were shown to our seats two tables, each two person, positioned next to each other, wine on the table which Alex look intrigued at trying to say the name that was on the bottle.

Ed took my hand from across the candlelit table and looked into my eyes.

“There is no other person than you, that i would love to spend this evening with, you have made my life perfect and have suffered a lot and still stayed, you mean the most to me Elena and i can’t believe i got you. You are the oen i truly love and that will never change ever.”

A smile spread across my lips as Ed kissed my hand smiling back at me, i wiped a sly tear from my cheek hastily before anyone else noticed.

“I love you more than anything in the world to, and i would never want to change what’s happened however much hell it was, it drew me even closer to you Ed.”

He smiled up at me before we were presented with food to which was amazing, and the night flowed well, Amy and Alex having their own romantic moment stood outside the restaurant waiting for a taxi. The two of them stood hand in hand watching as snow fell before they shared a passionate kiss, me and Ed smiling at how sweet the two of them were. Ed commenting on how he’s never known Alex been this romantic or loving and caring to one person before.

I explained that it was a guy like him amy needed to find and she did, and soon our cab pulled up as we went to meet up with the others in a local club, we spent the rest of the night dancing and drinking, even getting Gary up on the dance floor as Dan spun me of Ed taking me for a dance to. Although every one of the band members took their turns to dance with us before me and Amy both shared a dance with Gary, our father figure.