It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Thirty-Nine

Elena’s POV

I sat watching Ed as he lay there. He was sleeping for now, which i was glad of, he needed all the rest he could get. His black hair was fluffy and sticking up in most directions at the moment. I flattened it to it’s normal perfection as best as possible, kissing his forehead before going to sit in the window. I had been amazed how i seemed to reason with Alex yet inside i actually wanted to physically punch him in the face. He had caused so much damage in one day.

My best friend had backed off from him and was now unable to do any proper work for four weeks, whilst also been lethal since she had a lovely thick bandage attached to one of her wrists, one thing i was avoiding was that hand if it got swung around, and secondly had knocked out his best friend and the person i loved. I sat there thinking for a while, also wishing that i could of hit him, put him through a bit of the pain that had been visible in Ed’s face. To of seen alex in fear of someone that he had grown to trust, see how that felt to him.

I decided that if he ever went for Ed or Amy again then that was the punishment that boy would get, although watching Dan with Amy had hurt me to. You could see how much Dan cared for her, like i cared for Ed yet he couldn’t have her, she still loved Alex and i know she will forgive him, when i don’t know, but she will. It was Ed that bought me out of my thoughts.

He started to stir again and i headed over to been sat on the edge of the double bed. He took my hand into his smiling up at me.

“How you feeling?”

“A lot better thanks, especially when i have you with me.”

“Awww Ed.”

I smiled back at him, kissing him gently on the lips. I brushed his hair back off his face before he wriggled over in the bed.

“I’d feel much better if i had you lying next to me.”

With the cheeky grin he pulled at me to i couldn’t help but resist, snuggling down under the duvet next to him.

“Since I’m here what do we say to getting a few more hours sleep and getting you back to your normal self again?”

He nodded kissing me on the lips then gently on the tip of my nose before the two of us snuggled up falling asleep easily.

*****************************************
Alex’s POV

When i woke i could feel someone else’s hand against my own. I panicked slightly not wanting to know whose hand it was, but i had to know at the same time. I opened my eyes yawning slightly at the same time. As i looked over to the hand in my own i instantly recognised the single silver ring placed on the fourth finger, the tiny small hand that fitted perfectly into my own. Amy’s hand.

I looked up to her face surprise clearly written across my face no doubt. The last i knew of she was still petrified of me. Just looking up into her blue eyes as she watched my reaction took me back to the first time i had seen her. Her face at the front door when she had seen me answer it, those eyes drawing me in instantly, her adorable laugh and how perfect she was. It reminded me of the song i had played for her, the one that summed up how i thought of her.

“Amy? .........Your not scared of me now?”

“No, i understand how you must of felt, the emotion you endured afterwards made me understand and i forgive you Alex, i forgive everything that happened and want to let it slide and forget it happened.”

“I.. Would like to do that to”

Her face lit up at that moment as she squeezed my hand gently, her fractured wrist lay still in her lap.

“One thing i will be doing is avoiding you for four weeks if you start swinging that bandaged arm around missus. Your lethal without a thick bandage on it!”

Amy’s face dropped before she burst into a laughing fit beside causing me to smile to. Her laugh was perfect and just watching her smile made me want to pull her into my arms again and apologise a gazillion times. The door however stopped me doing that.

The bedroom door was pushed open gently as Dan walked into my room. He stood there upon seeing Amy sat beside me laughing her hand in mine and his eyes grew wide. I watched as he quickly crossed the bedroom floor and sat down beside her, placing his arm protectively around her waist.

When he did that a little piece of me snapped, i was one step closer to solving half of the issue until Dan had walked in. I loved the guy he was like a brother to me but Amy was mine, we had just made amends and he had to do that. I knew he liked her, knew he cared for her a lot and wanted to protect her but we were ok now, was the laughing with each other not enough to show that?

I rolled over my anger starting to eat me up again, letting go of Amy’s hand as i did so. My back away from both of them as i buried my face into the duvet slightly. I let a couple of tears slide silently down my cheek and falling onto the blue duvet cover. It may hurt Dan but at the minute it was that hurt, Amy had pushed him away but i could see that she didn’t see Dan. I knew that look she gave to him, it was different to when i looked into her eyes.

“I’m going to get some food Lex, i will be back later.”

Amy’s hand patted me gently on the shoulder as i mumbled ok. Once i heard the door shut behind the two that had walked out i rolled over again sitting up in bed. I was still tired but i needed to take another tablet to. I let a few more tears roll down my cheek before wiping my arm across my face leaving no tear traces behind. If amy was returning to see me later whilst i no doubt slept then i would ask her when i woke up again what was going on. Until then i would continue to sleep.

************************************************
Ed’s POV

When i woke it was early morning, that i knew cause the sun was only just rising. Elena was asleep beside me where i knew it best to leave her, she hadn’t had a good nights sleep in a couple of days since what happened and i knew that she needed it. My head was pounding slightly but i could see paracetamol had been left out on the side with some water for me. I took them and lay back down, i would just lie her for a while until Elena awoke.

When she was awake and we were both dressed we headed downstairs. It felt weird having not been out of bed at all for the past couple of days. I was informed by Elena the doctor had ordered me to spend a lot of tie in the open air and she had already planned a long walk the two of us were going to go on. In a way i was sort of excited for it because i could spend sometime on my own with her, apologise for the mistake i had made and the issue that had arose from it.

I still had to clear the air with Lex but that could be left until tonight for now. As i got my shoes on trundled downstairs, he looked ill. I nodded at him but he cleared away for me and Elena, it wasn’t until i glanced at Elena that i knew why. She was watching him very carefully, and was still clearly pissed off with him. She continued to stay where she was just watching him as he got a glass of water before slowly wandering back upstairs.

Mine and Elena’s walk started with walking down the lane and then into some nearby fields that led down to a small pond. We both sat under one the trees by the pond as the sun settled on us. I sat there arm around her waist as she watched a family of ducks cross over it. I kissed her cheek before resting my head onto her shoulder. She smiled as i did and we sat there for a while enjoying the moment. It was then that i couldn’t seem to resist any longer and placed a hand onto her hair, her face turning to face me. I kissed her lips gently and she retaliated before the kisses started to get more passionate. Soon we were mid make out session.

Once we had parted for air i smiled down at the girl that by chance i knew. I watched her face as the sun reflected of her brown eyes perfectly defining the glint that i loved to see in them. She stood up after a while and i took her hand in mine as we started the slow walk back to the house. As we got to the lane again the sun was just starting to set, we stood still on the edge of one of the fields nearby and just watched the sun settle in the sky before returning to the house. It had to be one of the best days i had in a while.

Once i got in i asked Elena to forgive alex and explained i was going to sort things with him. She nodded leaving me to it trusting that i would be ok now. I headed up to his room to hear the whisper of two voices from the other side of his door. Out of respect to the person who still was my best friend i knocked the door before alex called to say i could go in.

I walked in and closed the door to see Alex sat up in bed Amy sat on top of the duvet but snuggled into his chest, back to the way they always were luckily.

“Erm lx sorry to disturb but i wouldn’t mind speaking with you.”

“Want me to let you two boys sort things out on your own?”

“No Amy, don’t worry maybe you been here would be best if it’s ok with Lex.”

“yeah sure, go ahead Ed”

“I understand how you got annoyed with what happened a few days ago and stuff, i forgive you for what you did. Don’t worry about it Lex it was something that I’m certain none of us will let happen again. We know the consequences again and what happened meant nothing, it was due to the upset. Don’t beat yourself up over what you did, i feel i deserved it but at the same time i could tell it wasn’t you. I honestly understand your my best friend i know you well enough.”

“I’m sorry to ed, i shouldn’t of been so violent, it’s why i got the help. You two are the two people that mean the most to me ever, and your the ones i hurt, that i shouldn’t of done and i truly appreciate the fact both of you have forgiven me. I forgive and understand what happened between you two as well and i want to just let it slide past now.”

“i agree there and hopefully everything will be alright at the end of the week?”

“yeah, cheers Ed, really. Although I’m sure Elena will want to know your safe right now.”

I laughed slightly as Alex tried to stifle a yawn.

“i will let you sleep off that awful tablet mate, see you in the morning.”

I wandered turned heading to the door. As i turned around to smile at Alex i saw that he was already fast asleep on Amy’s shoulder who was now getting comfortable herself yawning. I smiled happy to see those two as happy as i was with Elena again, although i still had to make it up to her completely but i did have an idea up my sleeve.