It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty

Amy’s POV

It had been a week now and finally Alex was back to normal. The past week of him been constantly tired was not the most fun but he was getting himself sorted again, although it didn‘t make much difference anyway that guy could sleep through anything i could swear by it. At least he was moving about the hosue mreo now and was back to his usual annoying self and Elena had accepted everything, with everything letting what happened fly over, Ed been back to normal to. The only significant reminder was the thick and very annoying bandage attached to my left wrist. Alex had woke the one morning to a nice bruise on his chest where i had rolled over and hit him square on with it in the night, he wasn’t impressed to say the least and classed me as lethal. I was pretty sure the rest of the household did to.

I was currently sat in the studio on my own, a bottle of beer in front of me and a pad of paper and a pen. The sun was shining through the only window that was in the studio allowing warmth to cover the back of me as i worked away. As i sat there scribbling away lines that only made sense to me i hadn’t noticed that anyone had walked upstairs. It wasn’t until warm hands touched my arms that i finally realised someone was there, whist also jumping a little to causing a nice black ink line across the piece of paper i was working on.

I turned around to be met with a mop of blonde hair perching over my shoulder. Dan’s arms were resting over my shoulders scooping up the notepad quickly as i shrugged picking up the beer in front of me and taking a gulp holding it in my hand securely knowing that the second i put it down Dan would rob it.

“These are already sounding good, don’t need any drums laying down for them do you?”

“Not yet, not got the melody perfected yet and i can play drums myself remember Mr Hetherton.”

“yeah but I’m better at it and you can‘t play one handed”

Dan playfully poked out his tongue as i pushed him gently back from me. He then decided to pull the wheelie chair i was sat on across the room sending me into the opposite wall, saving my beer instead of my good wrist as i screamed before stopping myself from crashing and leaving the chair completely.

“Oi Hetherton, i need this wrist!”

“Sorry! Your face was priceless though”

I laughed as he pulled the traditional cheeky grin that boy loved to pull. It was then that Alex appeared at the top of the stairs.

“Thought i would find you over here, hi Dan.”

I watched Dan scowl at Alex, eh still didn’t fully trust him, as Alex pushed my chair back to the desk for me before pecking me on the cheek.

“You got anything done?”

“yeah got some lyrics down at the minute, you coming to be helpful and to steal it?”

“Maybe”

“I shall leave you pair to work then, see you later Amy, still on for the movie night?”

“yeah get all the others to join us and get a few crates of beer and I’m there.”

Dan nodded as he walked off and i turned to face Alex.

“How you feeling now?”

“Never better knowing that after all that’s happened the person i truly love still trusts me even though i thought i had wrecked everything.”

“Aww Alex, i love you i would never let a little understanding get between us.”

“That I’m glad of cause neither would i.”

With that Alex grabbed a beer from the fridge and joined me, reading through the lyrics and editing bits he had better ways of wording, which i really liked. We spent the whole afternoon working on stuff, Alex doing a lot of work since i was one handed for another three weeks, longer at the rate i was been swung about places at the moment. I was enjoying actually having Alex do things for me though like carry heavy stuff, it was great to finally get that boy doing some hard work. I actually got him his first debut with the hoover, although soon after Elena took it off him telling him he was doing it all wrong. He was dancing around the living room with an apron on to queens i want to break free. As i watched him wiggle his arse about i could just imagine the rest of the band playing a part in that video, ed the school girl, Ali the old grandma, Dan as the wondering around in a night gown and teddy avoiding all contact with it, which would be advisable although highly funny.

After my little vision back to Alex and his hoovering i continued with working on the song i had come up with, which i knew would take a while for me to be happy with it.

******************************
Ed’s POV

I had decided exactly how i was going to make it up to Elena. It was just thinking of the perfect time to do it and who best to get me to help with the plan. The first thing to do was go and fetch the ring. I made the excuse that i was going to get some new clothes as i fancied buying a new jacket and stuff which seemed to work. Elena hated shopping with me since it could take me a while to find the perfect jacket. She instead decided she would catch up on building up her memories portfolio and would start thinking of a new video blog idea since we had a couple of months off work now and had to give the fans something. Well it was to write new material but alex and amy were quite happy starting the basics of that off then they would call us in for assistance, not that those pair needed it.

I climbed into my car and headed off into town ready to get some shopping done. I quickly bought a couple of new tops a new jacket and some trainers so it looked like i had gone shopping for what i said. I put that lot into the car and headed back and went straight to the nearest jewellery store. I browsed through all the rings and found nothing that would suit Elena perfectly and also fit the usage. I headed on to more jewellery shops finally ending up in the most expensive one in town.

It was looking through the one window that i saw the perfect ring. I knew that she only ever wore silver and white gold jewellery and this ring was white gold. It was a thin white gold band and at the top sat three blue sapphires and two diamonds in a claw setting, the white gold twisting around each stone holding it in place. It was perfect and exactly the ring i presumed she would love, although i would be getting a second opinion on that. Having purchased the ring in it’s box i thought of a way that she wouldn’t find odd to hide the ring and present it to her.

I decided on the perfect way of hiding it knowing that it would work as my mum had used the same trick upon buying my sister a DVD one year and hiding it in the same way. I picked up a large box of maltesars and paid for them before finally returning to the car and heading home. When i got in i darted upstairs and into alex and Amy’s room where i hid the chocolates and ring in Amy’s beside cupboard before texting her telling her and alex to head to their bedroom in fifteen minutes.

Elena soon caught up with me and went through what i bought smiling glad that she hadn’t been with me cause of the time that had passed by. She then headed back downstairs since Dan had asked her to go alcohol shopping with her ready for the movie night later on giving me the perfect opportunity for my plan to commence.

After she had left i heard Amy and Alex climb the stairs and appeared at the bedroom door.

“What you up to Ed?”

“All will be revealed in a moment Lex.”

I headed into their room the three of us sitting on the bed.

“I have planned a surprise for Elena and i kind of need you two to help me out.”

“Ohh do share, we will help the best we can.”

I smiled glad Amy was willing to help knowing she would be able to control Alex.

“Well i want to propose to her, but in like a months time, although i have everything planned now, i want the timing to be right you see and i think it will then, enough time for everything to have been ironed out and stuff. I have bought the ring and also a convincing way of hiding it to, plus in a month it will be our year anniversary. I have hidden them both in your bedside cabinet at the minute but i want your view to whether you reckon she will like the ring first?”

I then pulled the box out of the cabinet and opened it showing it to Amy.

“She will love it Ed, honestly she will, it’s the perfect ring for her with her favourite stones and wow it’s just lovely. But how you hiding it?”

“An old trick my mum used upon my sister that i know how to do myself. I will open the maltesars i have bought her without making it clear empty some of the chocolates, place the box inside and re seal the plastic up so it’s undetectable, then when i giver her the chocolates i shall need you to hint at opening them, whilst I’m still stood there so that she will see the box and i can then propose?”

“Oh Ed that sounds lovely, she will love everything from it, do you need me to keep the ring and chocolates hidden until then, I’m guessing as Lex would lose them.”

“Oi, I’m sat here.”

“Lex i know what your like.”

I laughed as Alex scowled at Amy before placing a hand onto hers, she was right though Alex couldn’t be trusted to keep things hidden without losing them himself.

“if you don’t mind, and keep it all a secret for a month?”

“Sorted, she will love it Ed, trust me and we both shall, i promise.”

I smiled glad that it had worked out so well. I would just have to count down the days to make our anniversary the most memorable ever. Something that i was definatly prepared to do.