It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Four

The next morning i heard Elena get up and head out the bedroom closing the door behind her whereby i instantly fell back into a deep sleep. I woke up later on but wasn’t sure how long i had been asleep. I could feel a warm hand on my shoulder as my body started to wake before hearing the gentle male tone that called my name. I was so tired that i couldn’t work out whose voice it was. I slowly rolled over opening my eyes to be met with Alex perched on the edge of my bed smiling at me his arm still placed on my shoulder.

‘Morning sleepy, it’s half eleven we are all up and you have breakfast downstairs.’

I nodded as i rubbed my eyes before sitting up and yawning. Alex smiled before i got out the bed following him downstairs. As we got closer to the kitchen both of us in stripy pyjamas oddly enough, the smell of fresh pancakes wafted through the air and to my nose. My stomach let out a loud rumble as we rounded to where everyone else was sat half way through their breakfast.

‘Your breakfast is on the side Amy, Alex show here where all the sauce n stuff it.’

Alex led me over as i picked my plate up form the side moving over toe cupboards on the far wall where alex pulled out honey, golden syrup a bag of sugar strawberry sauce and lemon juice. I added strawberry sauce to some pancakes and syrup to others and sugar on them before sitting at the table and digging into what was truly a delicious breakfast. Elena was already fully dressed as she sat there sipping on a cup of tea that was still steaming. Ed sat down beside her happily as Alex and Dan again perched either side of me.

As i sat there Alex and Ed looked at each other winked and next thing you knew Alex’s lips were soft against my cheek whilst Ed had kissed Elena’s cheek gently a hand on her shoulder. Once they both moved away me and Elena looked at each other both with shocked expressions but also grins on our faces.

‘Ed what was that about?’

‘Elena, your too good not to kiss.’

‘Say that again’

‘Your too good not to kiss.’

‘Sarcastic sod aren’t we Mr Minton.’

Elena then grinned at Ed who suddenly kissed Elena full on the lips before a make out session was well underway. I yawned again after placing my knife and fork down on the now empty plate, Dan jumped up and headed for the kettle whilst Alex placed an arm around my shoulder pulling me into him where i rested my head, the heat from his body keeping me extremely warm before Dan placed a cup of steaming coffee in front of me.

‘Cheers Dan highly appreciated and needed to.’

I sipped at the coffee before getting up off the stool to get myself dressed the rest of the house apart from Ed and Elena who were now hugging following suit ready for gary’s arrival in an hours time.

Once i was ready and had pulled on my jeans, top and warm grey hoody i settled downstairs on the sofa getting used to the new surroundings. Alex was still faffing about upstairs and could be heard as he walked heavily across the landing. Dan was already downstairs and settled down beside me half leaning against me placing a tanned arm around my shoulders.

‘ I’m glad you got given this job, and Elena to.’

‘me to your really nice lads.’

‘I’ve not seen Ed be that confident around a girl in ages, love at first sight for him i swear, but your lovely to and i feel like i already know you so well, like I’ve met you before’

I sat in silence thinking whether to inform him but decided what the hell i was sure he would find out soon anyway.

‘You sort of have met me before..’

Dan looked at me highly confused before I carried on.

‘Twitter is an amazing thing you know, you were always responding to my tweets since you followed me, hell you got stick off other fans for it, but i felt like i could talk to you like my best friend since then.’

‘It was you that i had connected with so well then, you that had turned into my best friend online, why i had heard the answers you said last night before, i can’t believe it.’

‘Well your going to have to cause it was me and this is me.’

With that both Dan’s arms were suddenly wrapped tightly around me stopping my breathing slightly. I coughed slightly so he loosened a little bit before he spoke again.

‘I finally met my online best friend and she’s living with me, it’s amazing!’

I laughed at his excitement like a little kid. Alex walked into the room then and looked at Dan who quickly loosened his arms form around me after this morning explaining that i was the person that Dan had been talking about for so long. Alex smiled before himself settling on the sofa teddy and Ali wondering behind before a very happy looking Elena skipped into the room Ed wondering in behind him looking a tad flustered.

The sudden couple were sat holding hands where the door bell rang Ali leaping out his seat to go let our new boss in. As he rounded the corner again i saw Gary appear behind him smiling at us.

‘Morning girls... Woah you two?’

‘Morning to you to Gary, yeah us two, could say the same for you hiring us.’

‘Hang on a minute you know each other already?’

Teddy had butted in curious at the change on conversation.

‘yeah Elena here sent a few pictures to Gary a few years back when she was still training after a tour you guys did, Gary loved the pictures but she was too young to hire.’

‘Infact still got those pictures up in the house Elena, really did love them.’

‘Glad you did, you will have more to see now though it appears.’

‘Certainly will, now come give me a hug it’s been years since i last spoke to you!.’

Elena loosed Ed’s hand then getting up to hug Gary as Gary’s eyes looked at Ed and down at his hand that had been in Elena’s til a moment ago. Gary hugged Elena and when he let go spoke to ED.

‘Well you move quick don’t you Eddie.’

Ed’s face went bright pink before Elena sat down and Gary looked around to see em squashed between Alex and Dan. He shook his head at the two lads who both wore cheeky grins before Gary headed over to the spare chair settling himself down and started to talk work plans.