It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty- one

Alex’s POV

It had been a couple of weeks since Ed had explained everything to us now. I had managed to keep my mouth shut which i was certain Amy was surprised at but me and her did have studio business to work on to keep me occupied.

I was onto writing the third new song and it was turning out pretty good as well. If there was one thing i enjoyed a fair bit it was spending days or weeks in the studio working on new material that seemed to appear form nowhere in my mind. Amy’s help made the demo’s to the song sound amazing to start with, let alone when we recorded them properly. There were however a few people that kept disturbing our process.

For one Elena kept appearing every so often, she did bring us beer and cakes a couple of times but half the time it was to sit and gossip with Amy, with me listening in from the desk mind, i couldn’t help it though. The other visitor we had a lot of was Dan, who was always asking if there were any drums needed doing, i could of sworn he also came to annoy me.

As i sat there the one day Amy in the chair beside me getting an equal balance on the lyrics i had recorded and the acoustic guitar i had played Dan appeared at the top of the stairs in the studio. He wondered over to Amy wrapping his arms around her waist like he always seemed to do nowadays, not realising i was watching. As Amy raised her head slightly Dan pecked her on the cheek gently a smile forming on his cheeks.

As i witnessed how close he had gotten to Amy i felt anger start to build within my body, although i as now able to control it a lot better. As i sat there acting like i hadn’t seen the hand that hey couldn’t see now in a fist i controlled my mind making sure i calmed down a fair bit.

Dan soon settled down into the sofa along the back wall as amy continued to work away at the track not quite happy with a few things. After a short while i was ordered into the vocal booth again to re-record the one verse of the song and re-do the ending in a different way. Once finished and Amy was settled with it for now she got up out her chair.

“I will be back in a bit, going to get some fresh air for half hour and go an bug Elena for a bit.”

I nodded kissing her on the lips before she left, trying to wind Dan up with it, although knowing he was still settle don the sofa i knew that now would be the perfect chance to have a word with him. Once Amy had left and i saw her disappear from the studio door completely i turned around to face Dan. I was certain fear flashed through his face for a few seconds before returning to a composed expression.

“Dan, what are you playing at?”

“What do you mean?”

“Putting your arms around Amy’s waist, pecking her on the cheek, you think i haven’t noticed each time you’ve done it when I’m near.”

“I...I’m...Just been me around her, she’s my best friend.”

“Well quite frankly I’d appreciate it if you backed the fuck off from her!”

Dan stood up from his seat the in defence for himself.

“Alex you can’t stop me been best friends with her, just cause you go out with her!”

“Do you not understand your taking it a step to far, kissing her on the cheek, i accepted you pair chilling out together, i accepted you putting an arm around her but not kissing her and been as close to her as you have been since that incident!”

“Well I’m sorry for been protective of her after what you did to her and Ed!”

I stepped forward shoving back a bit with the anger that was now flowing through ym veins, i knew it was the furthest I’d go.

“What happened is in the past, I’ve solved that issue with myself and now it’s fine, Amy’s happy and I’m happy Dan i love her more than anyone could probably realise.”

“I..love her to. I can’t help it Alex, honest, i can’t. Your points fair though. I’m sorry.”

The sorrow in Dan’s voice as he looked down at the floor was enough to wash all anger form my own blood to, i walked closer to him and pulled him into a manly hug instead.

“I understand you do Dan but please, don’t make it awkward, she means a lot to me, i know you care for her and i accept a lot of things just think about how you would hurt her as well if anything were to happen.”

Dan nodded looking up at me, biting on his lip. I put a hand on his shoulder as he accepted the understanding of what i was ok with.

“You will find someone soon mate, trust me. Just watch how close you get with Amy yeah?”

“yeah, will do.”

With that i seemed happy that everything had been sorted. Amy soon returning back to the studio and the three of getting some work done with Dan recording some drums for us as a help due to Amy been unable to. I had to admit the additions he made himself really added to the songs we had got demo’s done and i couldn’t wait to hear the other guys views on them later on in the week.

*****************************************
Ed’s POV

It was the day of mine and Elena’s one year anniversary. The past month had gone past so quickly it was unbelievable. Alex and Amy had celebrated their anniversary yesterday by going out for a meal but i knew that this one year anniversary was going to be remembered by Elena for eternity, i hoped anyway.

I woke up leaving Elena in bed and headed downstairs making two cups of tea and taking one up to her. Once it had been placed on the side i silently slipped into Amy and Alex’s room and took the wrapped chocolates out the cupboard ready. I took them downstairs still been as quiet as a mouse where i would give them to her in front of everyone.

When i went back up Elena was just waking, i kissed her lips before handing her the cup of tea which she thanked me for. Before long the two of us were downstairs and dressed along with the rest of the house including alex amazingly. I headed into the kitchen where i had placed the chocolates in a cupboard and headed back into the living room. The rest of the house were sat watching cartoons on the TV as i stepped in. I stood in front of Elena the box silently placed behind my back.

“happy anniversary.”

“aww Ed you shouldn’t of, tonight would of been enough for me.”

“I wanted to”

She smiled up at me the smile that always made me smile, which i was doing. She pulled the wrapper gently off the box smiling as she took off the last bit of paper seeing the maltesars box. She balanced them on the arm of the chair for a moment just looking form them to her cup of tea. It seemed amy wouldn’t need to hint at the chocolates been opened.

Elena picked up the box and unwrapped the cellophane that i had resealed and opened the lid of the box. As she stated to tear away the cardboard that protected the maltesars and that kept the ring box concealed i prepared myself.

Elena pulled the cardboard back as amy started snapping away on her phone camera. Elena’s face was priceless with the confusion as she pulled the ring box out the chocolates and checked the maltesars box. She put the chocolates down and took the ring box in one hand looking around curiously before opening it. As she opened the box i knelt down on one knee.

“Elena Night, Will you marry me?”

Her face looked down at me as i stayed there knelt down on one knee looking up into her beautiful dark eyes. A smile started to spread across her face as he eyes glanced fro the ring to me and back t the ring as she took it out the box and held it between her thumb and index finger.

“Y..yes”

A smile spread wide across my face as i stood up pulling Elena gently to her fee tin front of me and taking the wring, placing it on her wedding finger with a wide grin on my face. I kissed her lips passionately as she hugged me.

“I love you Elly.”

“I love you to Ed.”

With that we shared another kiss as everyone else in the room cheered clapped wolf whistled and did most other things, including aww at us.

“This is the best anniversary present i could of ever wished for, it’s just amazing. But do tell me, how did you get it into those chocolates?”

I tapped my nose knowingly as she looked up at me.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out, i learnt it off my mum is all I’m saying.”

Elena laughed as she stretched her hand out in front of her looking at the ring sat there on her finger.

“Like it?”

“Ed i love it, the ring is perfect, everything i could want in a ring, it’s just beautiful!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thought i would leave it on a happy ending for christmas. This won't get updated until at least monday now and i wish all readers, subscribers and commenters and merry christmas and a happy new year =] and also a huge thanks =]