It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty-Two

Elena’s POV

It was strange to think that already a year had gone by. A year in which so much had happened, a year that me and Ed had spent together as a couple. We had been through a fair bit ourselves with more than our fair shares of hospital trips etc as well. The TV had some crazy cartoon on as sat on the sofa Ed having vanished into the kitchen, knowing him making another cup of tea. Alex was sat laughing at the cartoon, it was shocking to see him and Amy both up and their minds functioning at this time, it was before 12 pm after all.

I sat there thinking over things when i noticed Ed emerge form the kitchen again both his hands behind his back, what had he got?

I smiled as Ed wished us a happy anniversary everyone turning around to see what i had gotten, i smiled up at him before starting to gently remove the packaging. As i removed the last of the wrapping paper i knew it was a box of maltesars, i looked up into Ed’s perfect brown eyes before balancing them on the sofa so that i could drink some of my tea. I glanced from the tea after i had one sip looking from the box to the mug and decided my plan, dipping a maltesar into the tea, it was a makeshift for the biscuits Amy had recently eaten the house out of.

I put my tea on the floor by me and opened the cellophane on the box before opening the extra bit of cardboard under the lid, i could hear Amy’s camera on her phone taking pictures that woman and photo’s, i thought i could be bad with it been my job honestly.

As i opened the box i saw what appeared to be a ring box nestled neatly inside the maltesars, but how the hell had it got there. The confusion must of been clear on my face as i held the ring box in one hand picking up the maltesar box and checking all around it to see no where it had been opened, very odd if you asked me.

I decided to discard and instead opened the smaller box but first looking around for any obvious signs of anyone, instead them all watching me with curiosity. I started to open the box and out the corner of my eye as i had fully opened the box, to reveal a gorgeous ring, i saw Ed kneel down onto one knee. This was not expected at all.

“Elena Knight, Will you marry me?”

I looked down at Ed smiling as i looked from his face as he knelt there to the ring that sat in it’s box, the beautiful blue sapphire and diamond ring. My favourite stone on white gold. I smiled widely before responding to Ed in a slightly shaky voice form the shock.

“Y...yes”

I saw Ed’s face light up as i held the ring between my thumb and index finger. He pulled me gently to my feet and took the ring from me placing it onto my wedding finger, both of us smiling from ear to ear. He kissed my lisp passionately me returning one kiss before he spoke again.

“I Love you Elly.”

“I love you to Ed.”

With that he kissed my lips again as i heard many cheers and aww’s form the others in the room as i pressed my face into Ed’s chest more breathing in the same smell he always had but that i loved so much. I had to ask however though about the chocolates.

“this is the best anniversary present i could of ever wished for, it’s just amazing. But do tell me, how did you get it into those chocolates?”

I Looked up at Ed as he tapped his nose with a slight cheeky grin present on his face.

“That’s for me to know and you to find out, I learnt it of my mum is all I’m saying.”

I laughed as i stretched my hand out in front of me watching the ring sparkle in the sunlight that was coming through the windows.

“Like it.”

I Looked up at Ed, had he just asked THE stupidest question known?

“Ed, i love it, the ring is perfect, everything i could want in a ring, it’s just beautiful.”

I hugged him again after that standing there just enjoying that we were proving to everyone how much we cared for each other, how much he loved me discarding all issues we had had in the previous couple of months completely.

****************************************
Amy’s POV

Once i had finished taking pictures of the bride-to-be in her very happy and shocked state and also finished cheering i stood there happily beside Alex. I watched them cuddle as i felt Alex’s arm snake around my waist gently pulling me closer into his side. I looked up into his grey-blue eyes and smiled, glad we were back on track again. Although looking at him like this i could of sworn he had grown, or i was shrinking already, he seemed taller.

I ignored the fact and stood there beside him, noticing Dan had appeared the other side of me. He stood watching the happy couple kissing and i saw his face almost sink. Out the corner of my eye i had seen him look over to me as his face a sunk slightly. I decided prodding him the side making him job would be the best thing and upon doing this i saw him look around at me smiling.

I felt bad for Dan but i was in love with Alex, the love i had Dan was a completely different love, it was a love of someone i could confide in more of a brotherly love than anything. I smiled at him feeling Alex tighten on my waist a tad more. It seemed that after the stuff in the studio, that i had guessed Alex had words with Dan about after the mood change when i returned, that Alex was back to his protective self again.

It seemed this would be interesting knowing that Dan felt a lot closer to me now and more comfortable to do that stuff. I could see something coming form it i just wasn’t sure what. I decided not to let my thoughts deepen on the matter however and turned to see Ed picking up Elena bridal style and carrying her outside into the garden. Everyone else followed behind them Ali still on a bit of a hype of the whole thing but however me and Alex stayed behind, staying stood where we were.

He turned me to him and i looked up into his eyes seeing a cheeky grin appear over his face. He lent down slightly kissing my lips and me kissing back, the two of us sharing a passionate kiss together before i was flung into the air. The next thing i knew was upon letting out a half scream i was upside down and clinging onto the back of Alex’s t-shirt for my life. Whilst in this fireman’s lift position i decided that his jeans needed to be hired up his waist so he didn’t fall whilst i was upon his shoulder. Once up i held onto them as well as his t-shirt with one hand whilst resting my other under my chin as Alex laughed wondering out toward the garden from what i was seeing go past me.

Once we were in the garden and stood still Ali’s face appeared in front of my own before he ruffled my hair poking his tongue out and running off like a little kid. Honestly he wasn’t the most mature of people at the best of times let lone when everyone else was in cheery moods.

“Hey Dan come help me torment Amy?”

I heard Dan’s feet come across the deck after Alex had spoke and the next thing i knew i was in leg and wing style with Alex and Dan running across to the tennis court, where they ran into it lay me down before both darted back out locking the gate as i tried to pursue chase.

Once i got to the gate i started rattling it trying to undo the lock that i couldn’t get to whilst Alex and Dan stood laughing at me. Thy had however forgotten about the other gate that i could use and get to them on the decking quicker after using the far gate.

Whilst they sat there on the deck chairs laughing i darted across the court and pulled open the gate with more force then required as the two of them took off across the decking jumping over the end and over toward the drive. I chased jumping the wooden beam with ease after all the practise and ran toward Alex as he ran through a hedge.

“Amy it wasn’t just me!”

“You wait til i catch you Davies, you shall pay. You to Hetherton.”

I spent the next half hour running around the drive and field and tennis courts until the two of them were completely knackered, clearly not the fittest of people. As they collapsed onto the grass i dived across the two of them before Ali declared a pile on, everyone else jumping on except Elena who was now in hysterics as Ed sat on top of teddy’s back happily as a picture was taken.

Once the pile was murdered by fidgeting we all spread out catching our breaths and relaxing on the grass, it was probably the most tiring start to a day we’d had in well since we had to load up for tour.

As i lay there alex lay beside me again in a more calm matter again i thought about how Ed had proposed to Elena. I wished alex would do something romantic like that, i knew i could be waiting a while though. Alex was romantic at times but didn’t always think about that stuff, it would be so nice to be able to inform my parents that i had found someone, that i was getting married, that my life was sorted. Been the eldest of my family, alex in the same situation i was sure it was something both mine and his parents wanted, well i knew it was what my parents wanted, maybe I’d have to ask Alex’s. I think he had mentioned us going for tea at their second home soon, this house been their first but them having wanted to of had a smaller place for just the two of them, maybe i could ask then.