It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Forty-Three

Alex’s POV

After spending another couple of weeks in the studio, after Ed’s proposal which even had me feeling emotional everything seemed to be going well. Everyone was now helping with the album recording process, Amy building up the studio nicely as time went on. She had planned for her uncle to come up to the house in a few weeks and he was going to build in two more booths instead of just having the one small vocal booth, so that Dan could be noisy and us concentrate.

Half the album had by now been finished at least and the rest was coming to close, with Gary popping over every so often to check on the status of it. Although today we were all having a day to ourselves. The Hetherton’s had gone back home to see family, Ali had gone to meet some old friends, ed and Elena were out been romantic as per usual. I however was taking Amy to my parents house for tea, my mum having been whinging for weeks that i hadn’t been to see her, typical mother.

Once i had finally found my phone, which had somehow ended up in the breadbin, do not ask me how but it had, i got into Amy’s car. Luckily my parents was only down the road and so we headed down arriving within fifteen minutes. Amy had met my parents on a few occasions for different reasons over the year but never had been a formal occasion, mind you it probably wouldn’t be today with me and my dad in the same room together.

As i knocked the door i heard my mum happily on the other side, Amy stood at my side our fingers entwined. We were greeted and welcomed in quickly my mum already fussing trying to get my permanently messy hair to stay down, but soon giving up as it stood back upright once she let go. Amy giggled slightly as we headed into the living room where dad was typically lounged out over the sofa watching TV.

We settled down after he moved up me wrapping my arm around Amy’s shoulders pulling her into my side so i could rest my head on top of hers. The next thing i knew there was a camera flash in my face and many more following as mum snapped a ton of pictures of the two of us sat there. Once the flashes had stopped i almost felt blind with how bright it had been.

After i while i wondered off leaving Amy in the safe hands of my mum who she was always happy to talk to and headed out with dad who wanted some form of private chat it seemed, why was it i still felt worried when this was mentioned.

****************************************
Amy’s POV

As i sat talking to Alex’s mum she asked how we were getting on and how everything was going. Luckily my wrist was no longer strapped up so she couldn’t ask about that, which i think both me and Alex were glad of.

Soon topics turned to how Ed and Elena were. I explained that Ed had proposed to Elena and they had decided that the marriage would be next summer. The topic stayed on the wedding for a while, Alex’s mum having met Elena only once so far and decided that since Ed was classed as her own son to she had to head to the house and meet Elena properly soon. I’m sure she’d be happy enough though Alex’s mum was lovely and also kept Alex in line.

“It’s be a little over a year for you and my Alex now hasn’t it?”

“Yeah, and if I’m honest he’s made the happiest I’ve ever been, he’s lovely.”

“I’ve seen the way he is with you and of all the ex’s of his i met he was never like that with them. You seem to mean a lot to him and i happy that he’s found someone he’s happy with and that can also look after him, as I’m sure you know what i mean by that?”

I laughed knowing exactly what she meant. I wondered where this conversation was going however.

“do you ever reckon you two will marry, him been my eldest i wish he would soon.”

“I would yes, i have been thinking about that recently, i just hope that alex gets a few of the hints I’ve laid out. So yes hopefully one day.”

“I may start dropping a few myself, not sure what those two are talking about out there but i think he’s found the right person for him to settle down with. I hope he makes the right decision to keep you to happy since i would love to have you an official family member, your a lovely girl.”

“Thanks, i appreciate it. You will be the first to know if Alex says anything though, i can promise you that.”

*******************************************
Alex’s POV

As i stood in the garden with my dad, both with a beer in hand he took a seat on grass, me sitting down afterwards.

“Son, i can see how much you love that girl. It’s clear with how much you can’t be away from her. I can see it in your eyes how much you care about her and want hats right for her. You ever thought about making it official to other people to?”

“i.... A little yes. Since Ed proposed to Elena I’ve thought about it a fair bit. The moment isn’t right just yet though but it will be soon. I want to be with her all the time and people know about it, whether fans of the band hate me for it i couldn’t care.”

“From what I’ve read in interviews and messages I’ve had fans think it’s pretty sweet how you and ed have found the right people to be with and have taken to it very well.”

“i want to make it perfect though, the perfect timing, perfect setting i just want it to be spot on. Is there any chance you could speak to mum about tit and maybe help me out at little in preparation?”

“Yeah sure, you know your mum would love to help out, she’s been waiting for this to happen for a couple of years now.”

“Cheers dad, i appreciate it.”

With the talk over and me feeling a little more confident now we headed inside to be greeted with our dinner been served on the table. Me and Amy headed to the table happily hand in hand and sat down tucking into the food, that i had personally missed. Even though Ed and Dan’s cooking skills were brilliant for our house.

After dinner we settled down for a couple of hours just talking in general before the two of us headed back home. Ed and Elena were already home when we got back and Ali had text to say he would be back in the morning, the same with the Hetherton’s.

As the four of us sat down on the sofa Ed looked at me.

“Lex, do you mind been best man for me next year?”

“yeah Ed, sure i will your my best mate after all.”

“and can you and Amy help us get some preparations sorted out to? We need to start making a few plans and stuff.”

“Ed don’t worry we will all help where we can, we have a year and everything will be great for you.”

I smiled as the two of them said thanks before turning to the TV. I turned to Amy who was lay against my side and kissed her cheek, causing to look up at me from the TV. I kissed her lips and snuggled up more.

I sat there thinking whilst looking like i was watching TV, when would be the best time to propose to Amy. I wanted to claim her as mine officially but i wanted to do it properly. I sat there for a while, thinking of how much it may affect Dan but he was getting a little too close to her recently. As i thought about i decided that maybe soon was good but to maybe give it a couple of weeks or so. That way i could get everything done with the help of mum and dad to. Maybe i could say I’m going to see my brother’s tomorrow and go see mum and dad and speak to them without Amy been there. I think that seemed like a good enough plan.