It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty- Two

Alex’s POV

I woke in the chair in Amy’s room again the next day. As i lifted my head a dull ache spread through the whole of my cheek, reminding me exactly what had happened yesterday. I got up and headed to the toilets where i checked the injuries i had gained. I had steristrips over the bottom of my lip and also along one of my cheeks. Around the one on my cheek there was a purple coloured bruising in the shape of a fist. I looked like I’d gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson with the tiredness that was a permanent look i had at the moment.

As i flattened down my unkempt hair i slowly strolled to get a coffee before heading back to Amy’s room. As i got to Amy’s room i didn’t expect to see the messy blonde hair that i saw through the window. Why was Dan here? I soon remembered how much he cared for Amy and decided to give him some time alone with her whilst i sat outside and got a bit of fresh air, that i hoped would wake me up a little more.

**************************************************
Dan’s POV

I’d had a horrible night’s sleep. I kept waking thinking back to Amy. Once i woke the next morning i decided i had to go and see her. I hoped that Alex wouldn’t mind me been there on my own but she was the closest person to me out the whole household except for my brother, i still loved her to.

I got to the hospital and to her room to see no sign of alex. It seems he had gone to get a coffee or something ad so i stepped into the room sitting down with my back to the door. I took her pale and cold hand into mien been careful of the many different wires and the drip. Just watching her lay there with the gentle beep of the heart monitor made me feel sad, the fragile state she was in. I sat watching her for a little while before finally gathering courage to speak out to her. It felt weird to be going over what i was about to see but a little part of me hoped that she could hear anyone that spoke to us.

“Amy, i hope you can hear me, but i miss you. I miss you probably as much alex does and that’s a lot. Alex has built himself into a little shell now and it’s really shown everyone including me truly how much he cares for you and loves you. I still love you to but i understand who you want to be with, i just hope that friendship won’t ever be affected by the marriage. Your the one person who i can turn to through everything but right now seeing you in this state. It’s tearing me apart as well as Alex. It’s to quiet without you around the house, the studio been locked up for days on end, we all want you back Amy. Alex needs you as much as i want to talk to you. He’s a mess and has lost weight, he’s really falling to pieces over this although he did save your life yesterday. Mike won’t ever threaten you or Elena again either, not after Alex was finally done with him. I hope you get better soon Amy i really do, i want to see you back to your normal self soon.”

I couldn’t say anything else before i let a tear slide down my cheek. I kept her hand in mine as a few more tears slowly fell leaving damp patches on my faded blue jeans. I hadn’t heard the door open and jumped to feel a hand place itself on my shoulder.

As i looked up i saw it was Alex, his own eyes with tears in them.

“I heard every word you said Dan, and well it means a lot. I know how much you care for her and i respect that your understand her feelings. I know his is hard on you to and all i can offer is that whilst Amy is down that i take over her role. We are all here for you even though i know you could open to Amy so much easier, I’m willing to take her role if you need someone until she’s back on her feet.”

“Alex.... I... Thank you. Your an amazing friend to have around to and I’m praying that everything goes well. Amy will pull through this and me and you both know it deep in our hearts, we just need the patience.”

Alex looked into my eyes as tears started to roll down his own cheeks, my own still flowing at a gentle pace. I stood up and hugged Alex, his owns arms against my back helped calm me down a bit. The old Alex who was loving to all of us was back for a moment at least. We let go of each other and both took chairs either side of Amy just sitting and watching for a while.

**************************************
Alex’s POV

It had been another five days since the incident with Mike now. I was glad to see slight improvements with Amy’s health. Hopefully she would be back with us soon. I had a good feeling about today and for some reason so did Amy’s nurse. As the nurse stood doing the regular checks she turned and smiled at me.

“Mr Davies, Amy is strong enough to breathe for herself again now we shall be removing that but going by her reactions she should be out of this coma by tomorrow with all going well.”

After taking in the news all i could do was smile. My Amy finally coming back to us again after a couple of weeks. I could see Dan’s face almost start to glow as he too started to smile at the news. I wanted it to be tomorrow already, i wanted to see those blue eyes and that smile again, to kiss those lips that belonged to me now.

As i woke the next morning i took Amy’s hand into mine as always. I sat there watching as her chest rose and fell on it’s own accord, the distant beep of the heart monitor reminding me she wasn’t completely out the woods. As the day passed by the nurse came in.

“Mr Davies, i would like you to talk to Amy, try and get her to respond to your voice somehow. The poison has been completely removed know and all we are waiting on is her waking up before the next move.”

I nodded as the nurse smiled and stood by the door. The rest of the band except for Dan having gone to get some breakfast before returning. I thought through something to say before Dan gave me a nod eager to see if she can respond.

“Amy, I hope you can hear me. But i want you back, need you back infact. To see that glint in your eyes again that smile grace your lips once more and to hold you in my arms. You mean everything to me and y only wish now is to have you back and awake, talking to me. Telling me how much you hate the hospital and want to go home. I want to prepare for our wedding, you to become my wife. If you can hear me Amy please let me know.”

I sat there the tears had built up and my voice was ready to crack. I hoped she could hear me, hoped she would respond to me. Dan was holding to Amy’s other hand glancing to check i was ok every few seconds. Using my spare hand i wiped back the tears. Saying it aloud made me realise how much i missed her. Like there was a huge piece of my heart missing. I needed her back with me.

Minutes passed slowly but after a short while i felt something move against the palm of my hand. It seemed Dan had the same thing happen to him as his eyes shot from me to the hand he held.

“Amy we’re here don’t worry, e won’t leave you. Me and Dan want to see your smile again, hear your voice. We both know you can fight this, your stronger than this.”

As i stopped talking Amy’s hand squeezed my own and i squeezed back gently. I looked from her hand to her face not sure what was going to happen next. As i watched her face with intent and joy i waited. Just as the others quietly assembled near tot he door byt he nurse Amy’s eyes slowly started to flicker. Ever so slowly she started to open them and i stood up out of my seat, a smile across my face.

“Amy, your awake.”

Her eyes looked up at e but she stayed quiet. She glanced around the room before settling her eyes back on me. Her eyes glinting slightly as she saw the smile across my face and then across Dan’s to. I lent forward and gently brushed her fringe off her face kissing her forehead gently.

The nurse moved forehead handing Amy a cup of water with a straw, she sipped gently at the straw her eyes closing momentarily as she appreciated the liquid down hr throat.

“A.....Alex...i love you and thanks.”

“Amy, i love you too, but why the thanks.”

“i could hear Dan, you saved my life..”

I looked over to see Dan’s smile grow more and nodded mouthing a thank you to him to. I kissed Amy’s head again before allowing the nurse forward to check Amy over.

“It seems that after a night or two’s observations you shall be fit enough to go home Miss Phillips, provided your health keeps improving like this anyway.”

I thanked the nurse myself as she headed out the door leaving us all alone to talk.

“How long have i been...”

“Two weeks, don’t worry though I’m just glad to have you back. We will soon have you home and back to your normal self in time for a few weeks.”

Amy smiled up at me as she pulled herself upright on the bed finally taking in the others properly within the room. I sat in the chair as she spoek to the others. I had never known anyone recover so quickly from such a horrible think with such high spirits.

As i sat back i felt my eyes draw heavy and must of fallen asleep a few minutes later as i woke with a blanket over me and a pillow behind my head. No doubt under Amy’s orders to straighten me up again after what she heard Dan say. I had a feeling by the time this wedding came i would be as a fit as a fiddle again.