It's Not So Dark When We're Together

Fifty-Four

Amy’s POV

I couldn’t believe that tomorrow i was getting married. My parents had informed me they would see me in the morning as they were tired after travelling up from their home. Alex and Elena had swapped rooms for tonight as well which was kind of good and sort of bad. Elena had tidied some of our room up for me which made things a bit easier as i placed my dress on the cupboard door ready for the morning.

Me and Elena spent most of the night making sure tomorrow morning would go smoothly. Although in the next room i could hear Ed half yelling at Alex probably related to making sure everything was ready for the morning. With preparations practically finished by 10pm i decided that it was time to get some sleep, the nerves and excitement sending my stomach in circles at the moment.

Waking up at half 7 the next morning nearly murdered me off. I had a shower before drying my hair. As i wondered around in a bath robe waiting for the hairdresser to arrive my mum instead emerged. She created me with a smile and a hug whilst Elena started to get ready herself. Next door i could hear Alex complaining, probably as Ed sat and tackled his hair.

My mum hadn’t yet seen the dress and didn’t want to see it until it was on me. Elena however had come with me when we bought it so knew what it looked like. Soon the hairdressers arrived and i started to get myself ready, Elena in and out the room so often as she got her self ready whilst also helping my eldest sister into her matching bridesmaid dress. My youngest sister was to be the flower girl and my mum had soon disappeared to get her ready to.

Once hair and make-up was completed it was time to place the dress on. Elena and the hairdresser helped me into it and as it was fastened up my mum was called. I stood there shoes on my feet in the mirror amazed at how different i looked now, i still couldn’t believe i was getting married. As my mum walked into the room shock and happiness were shown across her face as she took a tissue to her eyes dabbing them gently.

My dress was floor length and that fitted the torso perfectly before opening out slightly. It was strapless and hugged my body perfectly like it should. The top of the dress was covered with small diamante’s that spread out the further down the dress so that they trailed to my left hand side over the three diagonal design folds within the hip area of the dress. My hair hung in curls to my shoulders with a silver heart necklace that Alex had bought me as a birthday present once.

It was then that Elena and Madison walked into the room. My face lit up to see the two of them looking amazing in their dresses. They were a sky blue colour, the theme me and Alex had picked between us. The dress for Elena was strapless and the top was styled with folds in the material with a bow on the left hand hip the bottom of the dress opening out more and that reached the floor. Madison’s however was the same style but was instead strapped, more suitable for her age. I smiled kissing Madison on the cheek to see her stood looking so grown up. I don’t think she properly understood the fact her older sister was getting married, what with me not seeing her much recently in person with living away but maybe now that i was to be married me and alex could make occasions to visit more often.

It was then that he chirpy voice of my youngest sister could be heard the other side of the door along with Alex’s 2nd cousin who is page boy. As the door opens my sister walks in a smile of her face as she carried the small flower basket with pride. She is stood in a white a-line dress with a blue ribbon tied around the middle. Alex’s 2nd cousin is stood in a 3 piece black suit with a white shirt and a sky blue tie on, a top hat finshed off the look perfectly his blonde hair and fringe similar to a Justin Bieber smile framing his young face lovely. They both looked so adorable as they stood there my sister hugging me before i gently ruffled Kurtis’ hair.

I smiled happily at the people stood in the room with me. Alex and ed having already left with the rest of ‘minor earlier this morning before i started to get ready, having to get a few things finished before Alex dropped in to his parents house, the ceremony dawning. As my dad joined everyone the room i saw his face almost glow with how proud he was. His eldest getting married and living her dream career. He had also been shocked at seeing the house i lived in to now, which i had found amusing the first time he visited. He hugged me gently before my mum batted him away incase he messed up my hair or something. I smiled as we were given the all clear to get a few photo’s outside before leaving in the Bentley for the church.

*******************************************
Alex’s POV

I couldn’t believe it, today Amy finally became my wife. I was excited but at the same time i was nervous. I was awoken by Ed jumping on me in the gayest way possible. I have to admit it did get me out of bed pretty quick though. I was then forced to sit on the floor as Ed took pride in straightening my hair and flattening it perfectly after I’d had a quick shower.

Once my hair was flat and my stubble looked as perfect as i could get it for looking smart i started to get myself dressed. I got my shirt n trousers out and Ed tucked in my shirt neatly, he always was the more fashion conscience one. I then placed on the cream waistcoat that had sky blue swirls on it before putting on the sky blue cravat as well, my jacket been the final touch that had a long but straight back.

Ed had gotten ready whilst i was and stood there a black suit with a sky blue tie. Once both of us were ready we met the rest of the band in the hall who all stood there again in black suits and crisp white shirts. They had all gotten the same tie which was a diagonal striped with three different shades of blue in it which included the sky blue. I smiled as teddy patted me on the back.

“The least likely one to get married defying everyone’s thoughts of him.”

I half frowned before laughing not quite used to the smart look on me. The photographer soon snapped a few pictures of us all together before we left, me and Ed, who was of course best man heading for my parents house whilst the others headed to the church ready for greeting guests before i arrived.

As i stepped into my parents house my dad smiled my mother fussing at seeing my so smart before making sure everything looked perfect. My younger brothers were both dressed in suits and soon headed to go help Dan, Ali and teddy at the venue whilst mum and dad stood talking to me and ed for a while.

As i stood there nerves now building up i couldn’t help the eagerness that was in me to see how stunning Amy was going to look. I was so glad that we were getting married, something that i personally never thought i would do but now it just seemed the perfect thing to do.

Before long i to was leaving for the church. As i arrived and stepped in with Ed beside me i was shocked to see how many people were already here. I headed down to the aisle shaking hands with the vicar as i looked around. I couldn’t help but feel y emotions run wild but quickly controlled myself again smiling. I was ready for Amy to arrive now and had heard that she was to be on her way very soon.

************************************
Amy’s POV

As i stood on the church steps i felt my heartbeat speed up. My sister and Kurtis stood in front of me my father hooking his arm with mine a smile on his own face. My mum having disappeared inside to take her seat. Elena and Madison stood behind me ready, Elena hugging me before we started our way into the church to the traditional wedding march.

As i got to the end passing so many family members and friends and Alex’s family to my eyes lit up. Stood there looking absolutely perfect his jaw looking like it should be on the floor was alex. Ed smiled at me as i reached Alex, my hand fitting into his perfectly as he pecked me on the cheek commenting on how gorgeous i looked. The ceremony itself went well and also fairly quick and before long me and alex had the rings on our fingers before her placed a hand on my cheek gently kissing my lips under permission from the vicar. I smiled looking into his eyes as the applause and cheers started before the two of us headed back down the aisle. Both mine and Alex’s mum’s stood there dabbing at their issues with a tissue.

Outside confetti was thrown at us form all angles as the photographer snapped away happily. We then got some more formal photo’s of the day and some romantic ones of me and alex before the day continued. The meal was lovely to and Ed’s speech nearly had even Alex in tears, Dan and Ali making their usual types of jokes within their small speech before it was Alex’s turn.

“I’d like to thank all of you who have turned out today to celebrate mien and Amy’s day together with us. As most of you know we haven’t exactly had the smoothest ride along the way but through all that the two of us have fought. We had battled the tears and the stress that have faced with us and if it weren’t for Amy, i don’t think I’d be where i am today with such happiness. Amy herself has fought a few battles and because of the love i have for her i stuck by her side and battled through them with her, never once leaving the side of such a strong person, the person who keeps me going when i can’t do it myself. Amy without you i would be at a loss right now and i truly do love you.”

I dabbed gently at my eyes refusing to let the tears touch my cheeks as alex kissed my cheek. I smiled as a toast was raised to the two of us Elena sat beside me smiling but checking that i was ok. As the evening came we headed into the room we had hired out. It was decorated in the key colours and looked truly amazing.

The first dance for me and alex was something meaningful to us. A small orchestra played as the two of us slowly swayed and moved around the room. My head against Alex’s chest looking up into his blue eyes. He gently kissed my lips as the music slowed before a new piece was played. We continued to dance for a little while before the orchestra left and instead was replaced by a DJ. Me and Alex stood talking for quite a while to various people as others danced around. Phoebe my youngest sister was soon in my arms hugging and kissing me. As i stood next to alex i nearly died of shock as she lent fro me and kissed his cheek before giggling. I watched to see her rub her face, i guessed Alex’s stubble had tickled her face.

I smiled as alex kissed phoebe gently on the forehead. Before long she was in his arms. I had never seen Alex act so gently as he held her in his arm. She placed her arms around his neck and rested against his face smiling.

“Your my big brother now.”

Alex nodded as i smiled watching how caring he was with her. Phoebe was all shy and so for her to take to alex so quickly made me happy. She had always been a little scared of him, probably due to not knowing him much but now she was almost different.

“Alex, will you come visit me with Amy soon? Pleaseee”

She pulled her typical face to get her own way and Alex smiled agreeing that yes he would be coming to visit with me from now on. Before long Phoebe had again ran off and alex wrapped an arm around my waist.

“Well that was something new for me.”

“haha get used to it now, your so screwed when we go visit.”

Alex smiled kissing me again before disappearing off to the band as Elena came to talk to me along with mine and Alex’s parents. As we stood gossiping i didn’t notice the new stage set up going on, well you couldn’t hear it under the DJ anyway.

It wasn’t until i turned around to see Alex taking to the microphone guitar over his shoulder smiling and the DJ stopping the music that my full attention was on the stage. I headed forward the whole band smiling down at me and Elena as Phoebe came and stood beside me again.

Alex started the guitar and after a few chords i knew the song he was playing, he spoke into the microphone detailing this song was for me as Dan started to play the main beat and everything started to come in along with the lyrics. I mouthed along to the words to tethered smiling, he knew this song always meant something to me, since the first time i heard him write it. The band then continued and played another three songs before leaving the stage to applauded as the DJ started up again. I smiled up at Alex as he came to me wrapping his arms around my waist.

“That was just perfect.”

“Anything for my wife.”

I smiled at the words before glancing down at the ring on my finger my smile growing. The rest of the night continued with plenty of drinks and drunkard dancing with different people. Laughs were had all around and me and Elena were in hysterics as Dan and Ali started to break dance, well attempt to anyway, in the middle of the floor. It was defiantly something you had to see to really find funny as the two of them moved around.